[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Remove Trackday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Remove trackday from rotation, this is so pointless and boring and no one does it anymore, theres no point even having it in rotation..

People just want to drive normal blackwood rotation and drive with some sort of speed and have bigger cruises with your teammates and friends and not be stuck on this boring pointless small area of blackwood has like 30kph speed limits and u lose too much money going fast. Yes trackday was good when it was first implimented, but now its too overused and boring and now i wont be back on untill next week
Fwanky Wrote:now i wont be back on untill next week

I don't think this goes in favour of your suggestion
ok then, i will on everyday in protest of it then
Can I just remind you of our server name... [TC] CityDriving.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Indeed, CityDriving, let's block the whole Blackwood main track? Don't go on hunger strike Fwank.
(2019-09-20 18:28)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Can I just remind you of our server name... [TC] CityDriving.

Thanks for your suggestion.
yes, so ofcourse Trackday fits into this right enough.. lol
it adds variety you silly goose, try a slower car such as the FXO if you can't drive full speed without issues Wink
Tbh, Franky should be restricted to UF1. But yeah, never understood trackday maps, especially blackwood. Would make more sense to have a dedicated racing server, something along the lines of what cargame had.
(2019-09-20 19:58)Some1 Wrote: [ -> ]Tbh, Franky should be restricted to UF1. But yeah, never understood trackday maps, especially blackwood. Would make more sense to have a dedicated racing server, something along the lines of what cargame had.

I agree with that, instead of having 3 TC servers which only have one of them used, have one for racing, track choice is based on the same schedule but track day style.

I especially agree with UF1 restriction part.

Well said.
(2019-09-20 19:58)Smart1 Wrote: [ -> ]Franky should be restricted to UF1.

Yes! Fwankynub

(2019-09-20 19:58)Some1 Wrote: [ -> ]Tbh, Franky should be restricted to UF1. But yeah, never understood trackday maps, especially blackwood. Would make more sense to have a dedicated racing server, something along the lines of what cargame had.

let me just remind you babes /ban FWD
(2019-09-20 22:00)Fwanky Wrote: [ -> ]

let me just remind you babes /ban FWD

Too unfortunate that you will be forced to use one.
A racing server would be awesome but they are a pain to run and a pain to admin, if there is ever any people on the server... I'm not much of a cruiser but I think the track day adds a bit of variety and fun wee bit of competition.
Track day layout was fun in the beginning but when the lap times have settled down no one really hot laps anymore apart from those who are :
bored
new to track day concept
infrequent 1v1 battles (links back to bordem)

If removing track day was not an option, I would extend the duration between rotations of trackday to trackday, or have the week split into two - 3 days trackday, 3 days normal layout (same track of course)
never

git gud

/ban RWD @Frankly
As well rename your server to [TC] Trackdriving ClosedeyesClosedeyesClosedeyes
In real life you can take your own, normal car, drive it from the city to a track that offers a track day experience and race around it, then leave the track again and drive straight back out on the roads. That is why it is considered relevant on our CityDriving servers to have a track day feature. It was added after LFS tracks started getting reworked since it ment they're big enough to have such a feature.

Some people fail to understand the idea behind the concept, so there it is explained.
It's all well and good on Westhill, but Blackwood with trackday on reduces to a small industrial area with a few roundabouts and a dirt road, where people drive the main street ad nauseum. The "old" part at least adds a bit of variety, but cannot be used in chases in this case, which is my biggest gripe.
To be fair, in Blackwood we currently have two sets of traffic lights now on the main road which reduces the amount of people blasting up and down.

We also have the additional roads which sectioned off within the massive Storage Yard Area, the off road dirt track, the roads around the pitlane. Lets face it, there are still plenty of routes away from the "central" area.

People were happy back in the days of USA... which was even more restricted!

And I have said it before and I am saying it again, why should we remove something from the rotation because *some* people do not like it. Personally, I hate Kyoto and do not enjoy playing it, but I don't ever ask for it to be removed from the schedule because I know others love it.

If you have not worked it out yet, I do thoroughly enjoy Blackwood Trackday...
BL Trackday used to be my least favourite track, because its slow, tight and relatively uninteresting. However, I use it for making money due to its slow nature being great for 50% restriction, and I recently bought the trackday pass and I'm having great fun earning money in an XRG and then burning it in an FOX. If you don't enjoy the car park, either make money or use trackday, you have options to make it fun/practical.

Edit; And following on from Fwanky's comment on impromptu 1v1s, maybe add a stake or wager mechanic in which people can challenge each other to maybe 10 laps, whoever sets the fastest lap wins? Might just be an interesting mechanic to bet a couple K and get people interested in trackday? (obviously people can do this informally, but maybe a formal system with a 'Wagers Won" stat could be fun for people)
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's