[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Bring back non-trackday layouts on server 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My suggestion is to go back to loading the non-trackday layouts for BL (and maybe WE) on server 2 when they come around on the rotation. I remember this being done awhile back and it was very popular, people obviously much preferred the full track and it still allowed people who wanted to hotlap etc to do so, I don't understand the reason for reverting this change.

Westhill is not so bad on trackday because it has many long side roads and unique areas which keeps things fun for chases, cruising etc.

But Blackwood is just a tiny industrial area (the industrial area itself is the same width as the big carpark on WE), cramming 40 people into such a small area is just annoying. The area itself is already not very well made in some places, there are many barriers, bushes, trees etc with faulty collision. There are hardly any places where you can get up to speed, and the layout flows horribly for fast driving since almost every corner is a 90° angle. You can't cruise without constantly being interrupted by chases, and cruising itself is incredibly boring because it's such a small limited area. You can't drift well because there are barriers splitting most of the corners. And chases are just frustrating for both the cop and robber. Since it's such a small area you can hardly get any distance as a robber and your options for escape are extremely limited. Pretty much the only way to escape is by using annoying tactics unless the cop makes a mistake on their own. It's annoying for cops since on top of the cheap tactics there are so many options to turn which means you either have to constantly leave more distance than normal sacrificing many p.i.t opportunities or risk rear ending or overshooting when the suspect decides to turn. On top of all this hardly anyone actually uses the track during trackday.

You saw that hardly anyone used the industrial area when the full track is open, you saw that when given the option between the trackday layout and normal layout the majority of people picked the normal layout, you saw that when you forced people to drive the trackday layout almost no one used the track. So really, what's the point?
Postive
i prefer to drive on blackwood trackday .. and westhill on both...

such votes because of trackday .. annoying me...

but try with tris..

Maybe it tc now times to respond .... otherwise tc forum will only be fuller with trackdaythreads
i agree with tris
(2019-11-03 08:58)Titan Wrote: [ -> ]i prefer to drive on blackwood trackday .. and westhill on both...

such votes because of trackday .. annoying me...

I'm not sure if you mean you like to drive the actual racetrack during trackday, or that you prefer the cruise area in the trackday layout. If it's the former then you'd still be able to do so with all of my suggested options and if it's the latter it doesn't make much sense since those areas are open with the non-trackday layout anyway.
I drive on blackwood on the track ... because the layout of scawen is just shit .. and it's very hard to build a good layout for blackwood...

I voted for variant 3
Yeah suggestion 3 sounds really good. The industrial zone on blackwood is shit unless you enjoy uf1 driving so only proper thing to do during trackday is to hotlap or just mess around. Hotlapping is sometimes fun to do with friends to compete and kinda relaxing, but for whole week it starts to get boring, having ability to choose if you hotlap on track or just go fast driving on traffic at other server would be ideal situation
This was a suggestion made by Alex, and worked for a two week trial i believe. Admins claim that the majority didn't like it, when it's not true at all, the certain individuals just didn't want it.

The rotation can stay exactly how it is, but for server two, do the other way around. if it's trackday on the normal rotation this week, then simply put non-trackday on server two. This helps the popularity of server to for those who don't want to play on trackday, and will obviously keep some/most of the people connected on server one as it's the main server. As simple as that.

And btw, the discussion concerning the track day has gone too far, and the idea of splitting servers that has been trialed definitely works and will end it all..
Reference URL's