[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Tyre system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if it would be viable or not, but i was thinking about a system where you would unlock tyres after having driven a certain distance. My example follow the TBO category.

--1st lvl Mixed and dirt tyres: giving you little grip and therefore encouraging you to stick to speed limits and run with restrictions to earn more money, since you would need to tip toe a lot
--2nd lvl Normal (everyday) road tyres: letting you enjoy your sport car on the road while having enough grip for regular driving
--3rd lvl Sport (semi-slick?) tyres: As they require heat to work, it would find it use in you wanting to speed around the map(speed limits wat?)

Each driver's unlocked tyres could then be reset every 3 or 6 months or once a year (like licenses) (server? personal?)
-----------------
.[COP] at the 1st lvl would be allowed to temporarily use 2nd lvl whilst on service,
.[RES]/[MED] at the 1st lvl would be allowed to temporarily use 2nd lvl whilst on service, (or 3rd lvl for the highest rank or both as their goal is to intervene on accidents),
.BIS idea [COP] unlocked lvl varies depending on the role,( 2nd lvl for debuting officers) (3rd lvl for experienced officers) or (3rd lvl for officers who completed basic or advanced training, 2nd lvl for others)
-----------------
This idea came from gran turismo 4 which had, I believe, a system where you needed to manage various bit of your car to race, such as oil, mileage and tyres. I don't know if a tyre shop system with rubbers in various conditions would work at all; if yes it's another idea to acquire said tyres.

Administrator Message by: Kyle

Added a poll.
Would be a no from me, We don't need to complicate things this much.
What next? Controlling how much fuel one is allowed to take on the road?

While we appreciate the community coming up with ideas how to improve the servers, this brings more problems than it solves.

Newer players tend do be less used to the whole simulation aspect of the game meaning they're pretty bad at controlling the car on the normal tyres, if we put them on tyres with even less grip this calls for a disaster.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7663264]
Added a poll to the OP.
I share a similar opinion to Ice. Whilst the idea itself is pretty creative, a large percentage of the community lack car control most of the time, so removing the grip element would be a problem. I personally don't think it would encourage people to drive carefully but rather blame crashes because of their tyres.
The idea is creative, but I think it won't work in the server. As other pointed out above, car control on some people (even with Road Supers) isn't the best, and restricting them to Knooblies/Hybrids would make the server a crash fest.
A creative idea nonetheless.
too much frippery
[Image: NFIIlGK.jpg]
yeah i get why
(2019-11-18 23:52)abscargot Wrote: [ -> ]yeah i get why

Thumbup1 for putting some thought into the idea. Not everyone who posts in this subforum manages to do that.

With the InSim getting slightly more complicated in the past months (e.g. the introduction of the car versions and the associated changes) I can definitely understand why you'd suggest something like this. For me, though, the main issue is what Ice highlighted.

If you have any more ideas, feel free to make another thread!
Good thinking, but I see another issue...

COP's are mostly experienced players, who also have a huge source of income, so they would be on street or sport tires... Newer players don't have that pile of cash, which means they have to drive hybrids...

Now hybrids work a bit on dirt (it cools them down), but when you're driving on tarmac (especially when you're in a chase, you don't have the time to cruise smoothly) they melt like an icecream on a Hawaian beach... 1 lap of SO on hybrids on a XFG and your front tires are hotter then those found on the rear of the drifter XRT... which means COP's just have to be patient, because after 5 minutes the suspects tires are gone...\

Administrator Message by: Frozen

2.5. Do not post in threads which have had no new replies in the last 30 days.
(2020-03-24 13:27)dendc Wrote: [ -> ]Good thinking, but I see another issue...

COP's are mostly experienced players, who also have a huge source of income, so they would be on street or sport tires... Newer players don't have that pile of cash, which means they have to drive hybrids...

Now hybrids work a bit on dirt (it cools them down), but when you're driving on tarmac (especially when you're in a chase, you don't have the time to cruise smoothly) they melt like an icecream on a Hawaian beach... 1 lap of SO on hybrids on a XFG and your front tires are hotter then those found on the rear of the drifter XRT... which means COP's just have to be patient, because after 5 minutes the suspects tires are gone...

Sorry but this idea was already rejected by the community. If you look at the date of the last reply '2019-11-19, 10:18', it's been a few months since this was discussed.

As per our forum rules:
Quote:2.5. Do not post in threads which have had no new replies in the last 30 days.

Therefore, i'm closing this thread.
-Frozen
Reference URL's