[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Red Light Cameras
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought it might be a nice idea with the new ANPR systems to bring in a few more twists like red light cameras. On tracks such Weston and Jamaica where it's actually dangerous to run a red in case of joining/through traffic I feel like this would be most beneficial.

Car runs a red light.
Car is now "wanted" for x amount of time and can be picked up by Police ANPR.
Car can be fined for dangerous driving / dedicated running signals fine.

Voting no, although I like the idea. The point Sadie brought up is probably what will make this difficult. You could be rammed over the "detection line" and become wanted even when it wasn't your fault.
I think there could be some speed and distance involvement? People that run red lights dangerously are typically going through at the speed limit or over it. I guess there's some InSim trickery too now I think about it, timing vehicles on approach to an Amber light (stop if safe to do so), then seeing who goes through at what speed / time in relation to it turning red... Hmm.

Yeah, there's a lot of work in it when the details are really thought of!
It always has to be thought of in details Wink but the idea is good Smile
The problem is that there's 1001 reasons why it could be wrongly triggered.
While it could be a good idea on the paper I fear it would create more problems than it actually solves.

Cops parked near the lights are enough in my opinion.
When you vote "no" on your own poll because you realize how much of a PITA it is! Biggrin
(2019-11-27 12:21)Bruno_G Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that there's 1001 reasons why it could be wrongly triggered.

Unfortunately Mr Yukine here is correct.

It's a good idea in theory, but in practise... Big Yikes incoming.
Reference URL's