[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Lose money become rescue.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A long time ago I realized something that bothers me a lot. When you are playing as CIVIL you lose money if you go above the speed limit. But one thing I don't find very interesting is that you lose money while playing as a ransom, even when in Call.

My idea is that you do not lose money while on SOS calls as redemption.
It is very basic, however, in my view very necessary.
This has been discussed at length in the past.

https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthr...?tid=16424

I vote no because:

(2015-03-10 07:03)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ][...] you can already go 30% over the indicated limit without losing anything.
[...] you're allowed to rush, but not to race. And that's what I suspect is going to happen here.

(2015-09-19 01:09)Elmo Wrote: [ -> ]MED/RES can speed without losing money up to ~30% over the speed limit.

The speed limits are generally calibrated so it's reasonably safe for a good driver to do up to 30% over, provided you have your wits about you.
MED/RES must drive with care and attention at all times and for the most part going over the 30% leeway is careless.
personally i say no

we can always send to respond at speed limit anyways (it not that easy to failed to respond anyways)
I prefer as it is now, plus what BP quoted.
-1 for the same reasons stated above. I play a lot of MED and I find that sticking to the 30% leeway not only prevents accidents (since when do you ever see an Ambulance IRL absolutely flying anyway), but also means if I do lose any money going over on the open empty roads is usually negated by the majority that donate anyway.
Thumbdown

By law in most North American areas states that an emergency vehicle can go 20 over posted speed

In-game, 30% higher than posted is a great leeway. I usually stick about 20 over to play it safe.

For that, its a big fat Thumbdown from the Catto.
Not a lot of people can drive quickly. With the amount of new people trying themself at rescues roleplay roles.. I feel like it's the latest rampart before chaos.

Except for a few roads like Western Highway, you don't usually lose a lot of money.
Speeding or not is a choice, depending on the quality of your work you often get the same and/or more via donations.

-1 from me.
Reference URL's