[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: D&C BMW 3 series Police FXO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Been playing around for a bit just having a go at simulating reflective hexivinyl. This is my first attempt Blushing

DEVON AND CORNWALL POLICE BMW 3 SERIES - FXO

[Image: 4821190975_4dcd27083d_z.jpg]
[Image: 5288985424_7258a6efc5_z.jpg]

[Image: dcornprev1.png]
[Image: dcornprev3.png]
[Image: dcornprev2.png]
*note* M5 logo on bootlid in the preview isn't there on the skin Wink

BMW parts courtesy of Pipa
Dirt layer courtesy of Daloonie

DOWNLOAD
1024x 4096x

Already uploaded to LFSW

Enjoy Thumbup1
(Blue indicators HERE)
Nice work there McG Ohmy
Looks pretty epic actually.

Nice work there.
What's with those little ring textures?
(2012-05-19 17:58)Cola Wrote: [ -> ]What's with those little ring textures?

On the battenburg? Real vinyl on police cars isn't smooth colour, it's made up of thousands of hexagons which reflect light back at you. This is my first attempt at making battenburg with the hexi's in.

[Image: menu-141-41-nikkalite_01b.jpg]
Maybe it's just me being picky, but I just think they overlap each other quite a lot on the skin.

Don't misunderstand me, it is indeed a very nice skin, which I definantly will be using on the servers. Smile
Oh, they do. It really hacks me off Sad The hexi pattern is one small texture repeated - the texture is about a quarter of a battenburg square. Means a long time trying to get everything to fit. Hopefully I'll get it lined up better next time Wink

Thanks for liking though Biggrin

EDIT: err, much smaller than a quarter of a battenburg square, about 49 per battenburg square lol

And somehow one of the blue squares got really messed up Sad
texture if anyone wants it (Click to View)
Not as bright, don't really care, bored.

Nice one, cheers Wink
Omg so big on iPad 2..
Who needs an ipad

nice work McG =)
(2012-05-20 10:41)Jappe Wrote: [ -> ]Who needs an ipad

Don't tempt the nerd inside me to rant Tongue
Not so keen on the texture effect - but it is a lovely skin.
Nice skin, surprised I haven't seen someone attempt it before actually.

Vee's is very nice.Smile

One little thing though, 33PSI and 35PSI, please tell me you don't actually run those pressures. Tongue
Nah, I don't Wink

The number on the roof is made up too.
(2012-05-20 18:23)McGherkin Wrote: [ -> ]Nah, I don't Wink

The number on the roof is made up too.

Good. Tongue

629, am I missing something? Not a very made up number, is pretty real, between 628 and 630 IIRC.
I genuinely made that up Laugh
(2012-05-20 18:46)Nipper Wrote: [ -> ]629, am I missing something? Not a very made up number, is pretty real, between 628 and 630 IIRC.

I'd second that, I think Wink
That looks quite good, although propably a bit overkill.
Your "hexes" actually made it worse I think. Why bothering with details that nobody can actually see and make the final result look worse than the template?
Furthermore, I believe that not all vehicles use that hexed material as is isn't technically required to create a reflective surface. I've spotted only flat and smooth material irl so far.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's