[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Delay "wanted" for suspects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

i suggest to delay the visual wanted star for suspects for 20-30 seconds in favour of a fair gameplay.
It is getting more and more common for cops to not be able to chase wanted players as they often pit, spectate, disconnect or sometimes even quickly change to cop for a second(to completely get rid of being wanted) to avoid chases. This is starting to get annoying and not really a fair move for my understanding.
I'd even say this should be/is against the rules as it is kind of abusing features of the insim when you do something not gameplayrelated(shift p/s, disconnect and reconnect) for your own benefits(removing wanted).

If its too much of a hazzle to implement a delay i'd even go for a removable.

pls vote, thx, #Bee
I was thinking something distantly related to this the other day.

For my understanding, if you try to steal and get caught, you will receive wanted status. People often seem to use the OOB ramps to jump OOB and so evade the wanted status there, as no police will likely follow to there.

I'd like to see having "wanted" status having a rule of not allowed to PIT/Disconnect/go OOB/Hillclimb during the time. It's not very long time so it shouldn't be a huge problem for people to follow IMO.

The rules state leaving tracklimits in a way that it negatively affects other gameplay is not allowed (1.4.) - I would see this rule fit to include leaving tracklimits/hillclimbing while Wanted.

And I would see switching to COP only to get rid of Wanted status and then changing it back is most likely against rule 1.10.

I agree there's some trouble around the wanted system and this should be largely discussed here.

These are just my POV, and it's not like I'm reporting everyone who in my opinion break the aforementioned rules. I would like to have some TC admins clarify this without several different personal opinions.
(2019-12-16 17:42)Roba Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see having "wanted" status having a rule of not allowed to PIT/Disconnect/go OOB/Hillclimb during the time. It's not very long time so it shouldn't be a huge problem for people to follow IMO.

The rules state leaving tracklimits in a way that it negatively affects other gameplay is not allowed (1.4.) - I would see this rule fit to include leaving tracklimits/hillclimbing while Wanted.

-1 on more rules.
OOB area's are already defined as OFFROAD, simply turn off the countdown in these area's.

Changing roles should maybe autofine the user the amount they are wanted for.
(2019-12-16 18:35)Sadie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-16 17:42)Roba Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see having "wanted" status having a rule of not allowed to PIT/Disconnect/go OOB/Hillclimb during the time. It's not very long time so it shouldn't be a huge problem for people to follow IMO.

-1 on more rules.
OOB area's are already defined as OFFROAD, simply turn off the countdown in these area's.

Changing roles should maybe autofine the user the amount they are wanted for.

I'm also implying that rule 1.4. should/could cover what I meant, and there would be no necessity for new rules.

Anything that's not a road is defined as OFFROAD, not only OOB areas, so I'm not sure about that, but could work fine enough.
Reference URL's