[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: insim suggestion (if possible even)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi TC!

was thinking about the crash system in insim. it can detect the cars and so forth. so my thought was to get it more interesting if its even possible to make.

NearMiss +05 , if no crash or hit is detected but you get really close to someone elses car.
i think ive seen this before somewhere in insim. so i think it could be possible to make.

i also think that would give alot of joy for people using TC servers. amongst others in chases. but also for just cruising along.

+05 would then be set from a scale for like 01-10, according to how close you are when you pass. and could earn you the amount in money.

Nearmiss +07 would then make you earn 7 bucks and so forth.

or it could be XP points.

well i leave that to the experts.

suggestion is therefore to have a "Nearmiss" feature in insim.

if suggested before then im sorry i didnt see that.
if so can merge or delete this.

thanks for reading.
Wiz
If I understood, you want a system that encourages people to drive more dangerously by awarding them with money? No thanks, I would rather want to drive around without worrying about people trying a "nearmiss" on me all the time.
^ -1.
Absolutely not...
(2020-01-29 16:45)Sadie Wrote: [ -> ]If I understood, you want a system that encourages people to drive more dangerously by awarding them with money? No thanks, I would rather want to drive around without worrying about people trying a "nearmiss" on me all the time.

well see it from the other perspective. you cruise and get randomly hit several times going at speedlimits. chases passes you by and you often get close encounters by this. and also cops (not all but some) doesnt always apologize for hits and this could make up for that a little bit by actually having a payout for those not hitting you and REWARDS you for NOT being hit or hit someone. i dont think itll make people drive more crazy than they already do tbh. but would benefit those driving normally mostly as most would probably actually hit in a chase or likewise.

and as said. i have seen this before in lfs so know it is possible.
seen from your side. well maybe its seen like you say. but again if everything suggested is pinned down from one perspectives view. then theres not much to add for new thoughts really. as i see the suggestion thread, its only a suggestion really. something that may be thought of to come in some future. the more ideas, the better no ?

if no ,then why have a suggestion place in the first place, sort of.
it would make the servers more alive i think. and people more focused too. so no its not to encourage people to drive more dangerously.
but to make up for those who do. and damage others.
forexample i often gets hit by 300 in !sorry/report and gets no sorry or anything from users or cops.
when its your 45th hit in a day. thats pretty expensive to drive in again really. this would make up for such things in a way.
I can already see the defence for rams coming.
"Sorry, I tried to near miss him for extra xp/money, but sadly it didnt work out."
(2020-01-29 18:06)Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I can already see the defence for rams coming.
"Sorry, I tried to near miss him for extra xp/money, but sadly it didnt work out."

could be enforced to do !sorry
if so ! 10-15 sec response time.if none. you get enforced to do !sorry.
Or if hit then you get enforced to do !sorry could be another option.
and perhaps more simple really as its already ingame. that would make people drive more careful me thinks.
you what m8?

This is not good.
(2020-01-29 18:19)BP Wrote: [ -> ]you what m8?

This is not good.

not sure what you mean by you what m8?

but taking it you dont like it?

could perhaps also reduce reports in some instances
(2020-01-29 18:08)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]could be enforced to do !sorry

It's impossible for insim to decide who is at fault for the crash. So all that would come from this would be frustration that you were enforced to pay while it was not your fault.

And no, this suggestion is NOT going to make people drive safer. The result would be pretty much the opposite, as already explained by others.

Anyways, why should someone be rewarded for something that actually is against the server rules?

(2020-01-29 17:29)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]but again if everything suggested is pinned down from one perspectives view. then theres not much to add for new thoughts really. as i see the suggestion thread, its only a suggestion really. something that may be thought of to come in some future. the more ideas, the better no ?

The quality is more important than quantity in this case. And, as you probably noticed, your suggestion is generally not so good, to say at least.
Of course the suggestion forum is there so players can make suggestions. However some of them have to be rejected for various reasons. Do you really think we should remove suggestion forum only because your suggestion(s) get rejected?
(2020-01-29 17:29)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-29 16:45)Sadie Wrote: [ -> ]If I understood, you want a system that encourages people to drive more dangerously by awarding them with money? No thanks, I would rather want to drive around without worrying about people trying a "nearmiss" on me all the time.

well see it from the other perspective. you cruise and get randomly hit several times going at speedlimits. chases passes you by and you often get close encounters by this. and also cops (not all but some) doesnt always apologize for hits and this could make up for that a little bit by actually having a payout for those not hitting you and REWARDS you for NOT being hit or hit someone. i dont think itll make people drive more crazy than they already do tbh. but would benefit those driving normally mostly as most would probably actually hit in a chase or likewise.

and as said. i have seen this before in lfs so know it is possible.
seen from your side. well maybe its seen like you say. but again if everything suggested is pinned down from one perspectives view. then theres not much to add for new thoughts really. as i see the suggestion thread, its only a suggestion really. something that may be thought of to come in some future. the more ideas, the better no ?

it would make the servers more alive i think. and people more focused too. so no its not to encourage people to drive more dangerously.
but to make up for those who do. and damage others.
forexample i often gets hit by 300 in !sorry/report and gets no sorry or anything from users or cops.
when its your 45th hit in a day. thats pretty expensive to drive in again really. this would make up for such things in a way.

I pretty much had to force myself not to bash my face into a wall reading this. Why would you go into detail explaining perspectives when this is obviously what already happened? Your perspective was introduced in the first post, followed by one that was different from yours. Suggestions forums are for suggestions, in which case, this one is not good. You seem to be under the wrong impression of what a suggestion is.

To suggest an award for driving more dangerous and close to another person and deny the fact that it WOULD encourage unsafe driving is borderline insanity.
(2020-01-29 18:54)Adrian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-29 18:08)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]could be enforced to do !sorry

It's impossible for insim to decide who is at fault for the crash. So all that would come from this would be frustration that you were enforced to pay while it was not your fault.

And no, this suggestion is NOT going to make people drive safer. The result would be pretty much the opposite, as already explained by others.

Anyways, why should someone be rewarded for something that actually is against the server rules?

(2020-01-29 17:29)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]but again if everything suggested is pinned down from one perspectives view. then theres not much to add for new thoughts really. as i see the suggestion thread, its only a suggestion really. something that may be thought of to come in some future. the more ideas, the better no ?

The quality is more important than quantity in this case. And, as you probably noticed, your suggestion is generally not so good, to say at least.
Of course the suggestion forum is there so players can make suggestions. However some of them have to be rejected for various reasons. Do you really think we should remove suggestion forum only because your suggestion(s) get rejected?

erhm no. and now i have read some other threads too. and its fair enough. quality is always best, but its not illegal to drive close by others as far as i know. as long as you dont hit or ram or likewise them in the process. what i mean is when you drive normally on servers going at speed limits you get alot of hits youre not responsible for. and mostly people just say sorry and move on. which i do too sometimes too.
my own preferences is if i cause a massive hit thats a !sorry. perhaps 100 or over. that means you got hit pretty hard (ish). when it happens the 20th time in a stint. youre set back 2000 for things you werent responsible of in any way. to make up for that, those who nearmiss you ,meaning not on purpose, could get you a little bit to compensate for those losses. i mean sometimes i get hit every single lap i do and sometimes several times. spending a ton of money on repairs i didnt even cause myself. some kind of compensation i think is needed for that even though this suggestion perhaps not is IT. but still could be a way to compensate a bit for it. did that explain it better?

(2020-01-29 19:03)Dizzle Wrote: [ -> ]I pretty much had to force myself not to bash my face into a wall reading this. Why would you go into detail explaining perspectives when this is obviously what already happened? Your perspective was introduced in the first post, followed by one that was different from yours. Suggestions forums are for suggestions, in which case, this one is not good. You seem to be under the wrong impression of what a suggestion is.

To suggest an award for driving more dangerous and close to another person and deny the fact that it WOULD encourage unsafe driving is borderline insanity.

has it been tried ? no. so how can you know this ?
because from what i saw on the server that actually had it. nobody cared about it really. which is the exact same thing i think would happen on TC.
becoming a thing that just "is" there but you dont really think about unless you got unfair intentions, like people using .vob or likewise.
but would give you something as said above to compensate for losses you have during your stints and gets hit.

didnt see you wrote in between i wrote too.

oh and please dont hurt the walls Smile
and this line from my reply to sadie :
seen from your side. well maybe its seen like you say.

i saw a job suggestion somewhere in forums. that could be another option aswell. and this could be the secondary earning option. giving more to newcomers and those who blast money out in chases.

EDIT:
in short i dont see anything that actually benefits the normal cruiser really other than the driving within speed limt(and !steal). but i do see alot of earning options for cops ,meds and tows. which is also fine i think.as it encourages people to be either one or all. but something is needed for the within speedlimits cruisers aswell i think. again ,even if this suggestion isnt it.

i know some cruisers left TC for that very same reason actually. why i think its needed in the long run.
you simply spend too much money on things you are not responsible of. one cruiser is well known even on TC.
lots of mileage. and im taking it TC would like to have those again ? this could be a start. and to keep them.
i went with TC while others went other places. because i believe in TC. and i know others would like to come back but they dont because of things like this. atleast im hoping for some solution. maybe someone else have a suggestion that could go more into it. so for now i leave it at that. i take it as a no. and its okay. no worries. but would like to say atleast think about it. thx. wiz

PS: he who never tries new things, never learn anything :-Quote: Albert Einstein
(2020-01-29 19:06)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]but its not illegal to drive close by others as far as i know. as long as you dont hit or ram or likewise them in the process.

Rules Wrote:1.2. Do not crash or ram other cars deliberately.
This includes negligent and reckless driving, provoking accidents, for example blocking the track, doing stunts or doughnuts on the road and so on.

What you suggest here is literally going to encourage people to provoke accidents.

(2020-01-29 19:06)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]to make up for that, those who nearmiss you ,meaning not on purpose, could get you a little bit to compensate for those losses.

Again, it's impossible for insim to decide who is at fault nor whether it was on purpose or not. So either everyone is rewarded (so the one who is at fault too, which is not good), nobody is rewarded (just like it is now, which is good) or insim randomly picks up who is rewarded (which would be just stupid).

(2020-01-29 19:06)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]spending a ton of money on repairs

Seems like you mixed up real life with game. Here, on [TC] servers (game servers, NOT real life) you can repair your car FOR FREE.

(2020-01-29 19:06)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]some kind of compensation i think is needed for that

There is already option to pay compesation after crash. And again, it can't be made automatic, because insim doesn't know who is at fault.

(2020-01-29 19:06)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]did that explain it better?

No. But please, please don't try to explain it further...

(2020-01-29 19:06)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]has it been tried ? no. so how can you know this ?

It doesn't take a genius to work out that if there is reward for something, people are going to do this. Because people want to get rewarded. That's how it works.

(2020-01-29 19:06)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]nobody cared about it really. which is the exact same thing i think would happen on TC.

(2020-01-29 19:06)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]has it been tried ? no. so how can you know this ?

(2020-01-29 19:06)THE WIZARD DK Wrote: [ -> ]i know some cruisers left TC for that very same reason actually. [...] and i know others would like to come back but they dont because of things like this

They left because there was no reward for near misses or crashes? Well, I would say it's better they no longer play here then.
Driving skills, high ping, crashes, rage.

I would rather clean my PS2 and buy Burnout 3 (or 2) again than having that suggestion implemented.

Pic says it all Biggrin

Didn’t read anything, but as soon as seen OPs name, experience tells me it can’t be good.
"if suggested before then im sorry i didnt see that."

Wouldn't worry about that one mate, I'd say you're pretty safe.

The idea is ludicrous, it encourages crashes.

if you want to look at a good system look at the competition RC .. good system good server good people .. but .. you sestem punishes both although only one ram .. is that fair? .. not quite ..

people can do jobs or something like that ...

nevertheless the server is always full with TC and with RC driving 10-15 people ..

no to your suggestion .. good approach but in the wrong direction
Wow dude this ain't need for speed.

I wish you added a poll just for another result like:

Yes: 0
No: 34
we should do this but with - money not +
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's