[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Backup system changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the backup system is now capable of recognising cars involved, I'd like to propose some changes.

TBO chasing LRF or higher - first backup slot available immediately after failure to stop

Especially on faster tracks, LX6 or FZ5 have an advantage against, for example, an RB4. Removing the initial countdown timer could help balance that out.

Chases versus GTR - all four backup slots available immediately after failure to stop*

GTR's immense advantage in the form of slick tires currently pretty much makes them immune from chases—cops generally don't bother, because even an FZ5 can only last so many laps before the vast difference starts to show. If there's a car class that warrants immediate backup, it's GTR.

Equal car class (e.g. RB4 vs. FXO or FZ5 vs. FZ5) - no changes

*UF1, XFG and XRG weren't listed due to how rarely they participate in chases, but perhaps they should also have backup available immediately—pretty much anything out of their class is no fair match.

I feel these changes would add some dynamism to chases and allow cops to get engaged more often. While the current system does a good job of eliminating the auto-join apps, it also takes away some of the excitement and unpredictability that chases used to have.

Thanks!
Massive +1, however for the GTR's I'm pretty 50/50 on this as with a FZ5 it's not that much of an issue especially on high speed tracks, as the FZ5 is performing better in high speed acceleration and top speed. That's why I don't bother chasing GTR with TBO's for now, as it is lost anyway unless they wreck their cars.
So you want to take away the one advantage I would have if I am in an FZ5 and police or suspect in an XFG? Not fair. Sad Wink
i am of the opinion that a backup for xfg xrg and uf1 should take longer .. the backup time should be set higher ...

otherwise NB made a very good suggestion

I am also in favor of the uf1 not having backup time compared to faster cars
Having all slots open for GTRs seems pretty excessive. I'd lower that down to 2 slots after 45secs.

But other than that, +1.

TBO chasing LRF or higher - first backup slot available immediately after failure to stop
+1

Chases versus GTR - all four backup slots available immediately after failure to stop*
+1, but imo only the first backup slot should be granted immediately and then the other 3 should go with a timer as normal.

Equal car class (e.g. RB4 vs. FXO or FZ5 vs. FZ5) - no changes
+1
ok for most of it, but if the cop has an TBO or higher and suspect has UF1/XFG/XRG then no backup is available, otherwise they will never have a chance
Reference URL's