[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Remove Blackwood Track-Day from Rotation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Title says it.

Cast your votes against or for Blackwood Trackday.

This is for TRACK DAY only.
and westhill trackday
and Fwank. Smile
Blackwood Trackday > Westhill Retro
Remove Blackwood trackday

but then remove Westhill Retro as well. Closedeyes Closedeyes
I hate blackwood trackday, but removing it completely would make the race license even more worthless. My ideal solution would be to split server 1 and 2 between normal and trackday as was done for awhile previously like I suggested in the past. But out of the given options I'd vote to remove it.
how often do we want to repeat the topic?...

since most of them are too slow for the track anyway, we can delete both..

i think that the track day is a good exercise .. that blackwood is the biggest crap of lfs .. is a pity .. but as tris said we delete blackwood the race license is pointless
Noon dares to give thumbs-up for trackday so, keep it (server 2 as suggest earlier).
I remember Ash suggesting using the Trackday version during the weekend and then switching to the complete track for the rest of the week, which I think would be a good compromise and would keep some of the Race license value.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind it being completely removed from the rotation either, as seven days of what are essentially out of bounds chases is too much for my taste.
Since there are long gaps between Blackwood Trackday being on the schedule (next time is in nearly 3 months time) i would say it isn't necessary to change anything. Certainly not remove it completely. Having it on just during weekends could work, but then it should be on the schedule a bit more often than currently. One weekend every 3 months is a tad too rare for those that do want to drive on it.
ras and nb said good objection because I would like to join
(2020-02-23 12:17)Mr. NB Wrote: [ -> ]I remember Ash suggesting using the Trackday version during the weekend and then switching to the complete track for the rest of the week, which I think would be a good compromise and would keep some of the Race license value.

It sounds kinda like a weekend event/track festival. I like the sound of it.
(2020-02-23 12:17)Mr. NB Wrote: [ -> ]I remember Ash suggesting using the Trackday version during the weekend and then switching to the complete track for the rest of the week, which I think would be a good compromise and would keep some of the Race license value.

I like this idea, it would make it feel more like a real track day/event having it only limited to the weekend instead of 7 days a week, it also might lead to the track getting more drivers as people want to use it while they can.

(2020-02-23 12:22)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]...Having it on just during weekends could work, but then it should be on the schedule a bit more often than currently. One weekend every 3 months is a tad too rare for those that do want to drive on it.

I'd assume if any of these compromises are implemented the rotation slots for normal blackwood and blackwood trackday would get merged(?).

I still prefer the idea of splitting the 2 servers instead of the weekend idea, but imo either of these 2 compromises are better than removing it completely.
(2020-02-23 12:17)Mr. NB Wrote: [ -> ]I remember Ash suggesting using the Trackday version during the weekend and then switching to the complete track for the rest of the week [..]

That actually sounds like a pretty good compromise.
Reference URL's