[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Suggestion: Radar detector
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"But a radar detector already exists within TC!"

Yes I know, but hear me out.

I got it installed. But when it's detecting a radar thing, it shows up in this tiny box at the right of your screen. No flashing, just Radar with 2 dots and all in red. You dont really notice it, especially when you're focussed on the road, since you're driving fast.

My suggestion is that when the radar detector goes off, it will be more noticeable. Maybe like a popup, the same size as the smallest "Siren" popup. And maybe also flashing?
in Germany the radar warner is forbidden .. because it is relatively real life .. what do you expect
(2020-02-24 14:29)Titan Wrote: [ -> ]in Germany the radar warner is forbidden .. because it is relatively real life .. what do you expect

Stealing is also forbidden in Germany I assume. That's also implemented on the servers. I dont understand what you mean?
(2020-02-24 14:29)Titan Wrote: [ -> ]in Germany the radar warner is forbidden .. because it is relatively real life .. what do you expect
Yeah good point Marty, therefore @Titan:
"Have you a brain?"
[Image: unknown.png]

On topic: Nah, since speed traps don't autofine you anymore (hello barney) and just make you "chase-able" (mmm cheese), it's not that much of a problem of driving into a speedtrap.
thanks dino for your great report... very grown up... I do not know what that has to do with the radar but good performance Smile

.. this is very helpful .... OK

marty that's right .. but you can take it to the police .. which is a bit difficult with radar right? strange the comparison ...
Added a poll.
From my POV, I would allow users to make the box a bit bigger (not to much) and make it more visible. And as mentioned, optionally.
i think that better idea is to remove the radar detector completely... in the end its cops n robbers server.
(2020-05-18 22:10)///Microwave Wrote: [ -> ]i think that better idea is to remove the radar detector completely... in the end its cops n robbers server.

I don't see the point here. IRL, even if its ilegal, there are people who buy it and have it hidden. This should be a new fine, if the cop "inspects" your vehicle and find it, it will be 3.000€ and will be removed from your car. Then, you will have to buy it and hide.

For example, cops will have some time like when you !rob, it will need 60 seconds to inspect the car. This will make sense for cops not wasting time inspecting it.

Then radar will be cost 3.000€ to buy, and 3.000€ to hide. If you don't hide, cops only will need 10seconds to find it.
then I don’t need to hide it .. if it’s found anyway .. shit on time...
(2020-05-19 14:41)Titan Wrote: [ -> ]then I don’t need to hide it .. if it’s found anyway .. shit on time...

Let's change from 60s to 120s, just an amount that officers don't want to waste the time on it
I think nonsense .. but that's my opinion .. everyone must know for himself Smile
Reference URL's