[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: TC Binds [v1.18]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: Igr4Tim.png]
Latest version: v1.18

1. What is it?
TC Binds is a local insim application for LFS. The main purpose of it is to give you some easily-accessible binds slots. More detailed description of features you can find below. The program has been made using InSimDotNet by Alex McBride (github link).

2. Features
  • Binds in form of on-screen buttons. There are five different sets of them, each set will be displayed accordingly when you are:
    • civilian
    • COP
    • COP in chase
    • MED / RES / TOW
    • responding
    Each set can contain up to 8 binds. Empty binds are ignored (not displayed at all). Those binds can be sent by either clicking the buttons on screen or by selecting them with scrolling up and down, or with /o pb and /o nb commands, and then sending by clicking scroll, or with /o sb command.
  • Binds triggered by numpad buttons.
  • Customizable automatic messages sent upon specific action, such as starting a chase or arriving on scene.
  • Commands:
    • /o chasewarning - /o cw - Send chase warning to car behind you when you are cop in chase (you can change the message in settings file).
    • /o mousemode - /o mm - Enable/disable mouse mode (buttons visible but not clickable).
    • /o nextbind - /o nb - Select next on-screen bind (alternative to scrolling down).
    • /o prevbind - /o pb - Select previous on-screen bind (alternative to scrolling up).
    • /o sendbind - /o sb - Send selected on-screen bind (alternative to clicking scroll).

3. [TC] Supporter benefits
If you are [TC] Supporter (regular or Premium), there are a few benefits you can make use of:
  • Each set of on-screen binds can contain up to 32 binds.
  • Five different sets of numpad binds.
  • Automatically sending chase warning if car behind gets too close (can be disabled in settings file).
  • Additional command: /o custommessage [message] - /o cm [message] - Send message that includes markers, which you can use in binds of this application (i.e. "{MYCAR}").
  • Additional markers, which can be used in any bind and in /o custommessage [message] command. Those markers are getting informations using [TC] API. You can receive any information that API provides within "/citydriving/profile" endpoint and with "stats" parameter. You can get that informations either about yourself, your suspect or person you are responding to. Examples of such markers available in settings file. Read more here: https://apidocs.tc-gaming.co.uk/apis/cit...rofile-api
If you would like to become [TC] Supporter, please check this link: http://tc-g.uk/donate/

4. Enabling Supporter mode
If you already are [TC] Supporter (regular or Premium) and would like to enable Supporter mode in [TC] Binds, there are a few steps you need to take:
  1. Make sure you received appropriate badge on your [TC] World profile - you can check it here. Please bear in mind that it may take up to a few days before you receive your badge after making donation. If your badge is still missing after a few days, please email us about it: [email protected]
  2. Log in to [TC] World and go to "My account" tab (link).
  3. If you don't have your own API key yet, take it by clicking on "Request API key" button.
  4. Copy your API key and paste it into settings file, right after "api_key=". Don't leave a space between '=' and your key!
  5. Save settings file. If [TC] Binds application is running already, click "Reload settings" button or restart it.
If you have done these steps properly, from now on each time you run [TC] Binds, it should detect you are [TC] Supporter within a few seconds.

5. Download & Installation
Download: Click here
Unpack the .zip (preferably into LFS folder). Run the TC Binds.exe. When running it for the first time, you will be asked if you want to create new settings file. After you agree, edit settings.txt file to your own preferences.

6. Example settings
If you don't want to make settings file on your own, feel free to use (and edit if you wish) example settings. If you made different settings file, which you want to share with others, send it to me (preferably through forum PM) and I will add it to the list below.
Example settings (Click to View)

7. Changelog

8. Other
If you spot any bugs, please reply to this thread with as detailed description as you can (i.e. when did it happen, what could have triggered it, what exactly is happening, include screenshots/video if needed).
If you have any suggestions, don't hesitate to post it in this thread.
Made a couple of tests, seems like a solid program. Amazing work on it!

Could it be possible to reload settings.txt when clicking on disconnect?
(2020-03-06 21:54)Yukine Wrote: [ -> ]Made a couple of tests, seems like a solid program. Amazing work on it!

Could it be possible to reload settings.txt when clicking on disconnect?

Thanks.
Of course it's possible, however I would prefer to do it in slightly different way (for example additional button to reload settings). I will think about it and probably add it in future.
I keep getting an error after launch.

Code:
Unable to get response from server: "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found "
Would you be able to change the button scroll(Only the button, not the scroll) to another one?

Also place a function in which the numeric keypad does the speech
Quote: button 8 "Straight"

button 6 "Right"|button 5 "Slow Down"|button 4 "Left"

button 2 "U-turn"
(2020-03-08 18:43)Sluucke Wrote: [ -> ]Would you be able to change the button scroll(Only the button, not the scroll) to another one?

button 2 "U-turn"

As far as I'm aware, you literally add it onto the button value
e.g.

numpad_chase8=Straight
(requires you to be a TC supporter)
(2020-03-08 20:28)Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-03-08 18:43)Sluucke Wrote: [ -> ]Would you be able to change the button scroll(Only the button, not the scroll) to another one?

button 2 "U-turn"

As far as I'm aware, you literally add it onto the button value
e.g.

numpad_chase8=Straight
(requires you to be a TC supporter)

I understand I would even be a supporter but I don't have a card or paypal just Mercado Pago
(2020-03-08 18:05)Moonlight.Neko Wrote: [ -> ]I keep getting an error after launch.

Code:
Unable to get response from server: "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found "

This is just an information that application coulnd't get response from server for some reason. Those web requests are used mostly to get current location (street name) of players. So unless you experience problems with location accurancy (there is always slight delay in location, up to 1 second) there is nothing to worry about.

Yes, that's possible. However I can do it two ways: add commands which would have the same effect as scroll has at the moment (so you would have to bind those commands with build-in LFS binds) or let players choose different keyboard button, which would do it (that's slightly more difficult way to do, but still possible). So would the commands be enough for you?

(2020-03-08 18:43)Sluucke Wrote: [ -> ]Also place a function in which the numeric keypad does the speech

button 2 "U-turn"

I'm not really sure what you mean. If I understood you correctly, then it's currently possible to do it: enable option "use_numpad_binds" and set options "numpad_bind2", "numpad_bind4", etc accordingly.
Adrian Wrote:Yes, that's possible. However I can do it two ways: add commands which would have the same effect as scroll has at the moment (so you would have to bind those commands with build-in LFS binds) or let players choose different keyboard button, which would do it (that's slightly more difficult way to do, but still possible). So would the commands be enough for you?
The commands are good but my scroll button doesn't seem to work well.

Adrian Wrote:I'm not really sure what you mean. If I understood you correctly, then it's currently possible to do it: enable option "use_numpad_binds" and set options "numpad_bind2", "numpad_bind4", etc accordingly.
That's right but I realized that you need to be a supporter
(2020-03-08 20:32)Sluucke Wrote: [ -> ]I understand I would even be a supporter but I don't have a card or paypal just Mercado Pago

"numpad_bindX" options are available to everyone (non-supporters too), so it will work just fine if you put the binds there. Those binds will be available to you all the time (no matter if you are civilian, cop, in chase, etc), while Supporters have the benefit that they have different binds for each of these "states".
The same problem Unable to get response from server: "The remote server returned the error: (403) Forbidden."
(2020-03-08 23:14)S L A V R Wrote: [ -> ]The same problem Unable to get response from server: "The remote server returned the error: (403) Forbidden."

I already answered about it...

(2020-03-08 20:38)Adrian Wrote: [ -> ]This is just an information that application coulnd't get response from server for some reason. Those web requests are used mostly to get current location (street name) of players. So unless you experience problems with location accurancy (there is always slight delay in location, up to 1 second) there is nothing to worry about.
Put that system when clocked on the speedtrap send automatic in !cop please
Easy to use and easy to set up. Just awesome ThumbupThumbup
(2020-03-12 12:45)Sluucke Wrote: [ -> ]Put that system when clocked on the speedtrap send automatic in !cop please

I'm afraid it's not a good idea.

(2020-03-12 19:58)Ghutra Wrote: [ -> ]Easy to use and easy to set up. Just awesome ThumbupThumbup

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.
My TC bind just closes after I scroll ingame.
(2020-03-13 17:13)Rasmus Wrote: [ -> ]My TC bind just closes after I scroll ingame.

You probably have some other function under scroll. Disabling "use_scroll" option in settings should help then.
New version available

v1.1 (13.03.2020)

Changes:
- [NEW] "Reload settings" button has been added.
- [NEW] New commands: "/o nextbind" - "/o nb", "/o prevbind" - "/o pb", "/o sendbind" - "/o sb" as an alternative to using scroll.
- [NEW] Each time you run application, it will check if new version is available. If so, you will be informed with a pop-up window.
- [NEW] If another instance of TC Binds is already running on your computer, you won't be able to run new one.
- [CHANGE] Command "/o showbuttons" - "/o sb" has been removed - buttons can be shown back using either "/o nextbind" - "/o nb" or "/o prevbind" - "/o pb" command now.
- [CHANGE] "Unable to get response from server" message will be no longer displayed in log - it was causing unnecessary confusion and was quite useless.
- [CHANGE] Readme file has been updated with necessary links.
- [FIX] Information in log that chase warning message has been sent contained nickname with LFS colour markers - now it will be nickname without those markers.

Download:
Click here

Updating:
Unpack the .zip into the same directory. Replace all files. Run the "TC Binds.exe". You will be asked if you want to update your settings file. After you agree, check "settings.txt" file to see if all the settings were rewritten properly. If everything is ok, you may delete old settings file (it will be renamed to "settings_v[previous_version].txt").
I Like so much this update, already thought about making a siren next to tc binds, so instead of opening 2 insim just open [TC] Binds
(2020-03-14 01:08)Sluucke Wrote: [ -> ]I Like so much this update, already thought about making a siren next to tc binds, so instead of opening 2 insim just open [TC] Binds

TC Lights have a lot of nice features as well, "copying" it into TC Binds would be pointless. You can always make use of autoexec LFS script if you don't want to run these applications manually.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's