[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Low performance usage, Low fps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I just installed the brand new Prepar3d V5, beautiful simulator, a noticeable improvement from V4.

I'm having a problem though, system performance usage is low, whilst it runs low on FPS in the same time! It's supposed to use more usage to get more FPS
Pictures should explain it all:

[Image: pFWwiV6.png]

[Image: mVZJtsd.png]

[Image: unknown.png]

These that say Very high are the "Power usage" and "Power usage trent"
[Image: OSjeCCu.png]

Only two things i can think of, is one my PSU is not enough, or that i need to keep this simulator in the same big SSD as the one windows installed in?
Very strange card used only %15 cards
First off, PSU would not decrease or increase your performance in any in game or application. Your PSU wattage is a set number that is given to your components as they require, and if for some reason they require more they will shut off (not the components, the entire PC).

From what I'm seeing from "Task Manager" is the application is CPU focused as the GPU is idling at around 15% and I cannot see a 1050 Ti being bottle-necked with a Ryzen 5 CPU. Also I would not worry about the last image regarding power usage, this is only telling you what application is using the most power on your system, this is not telling you that you require more power.

Unfortunately to your overall question, I am not familiar with the application so I'm not able to help you on how to get more performance but just wanted to clarify the misinformation that is being said.

Disclaimer: I'm a student so I could be wrong on some of the things I said here so no hate pls.
Just a guess, run the p3d executable at higher priority and see if anything changes. Have a look at your CPU usage by core instead of all cores; it should give you an answer about whether the cpu is giving its best or just "idling". I'm sure the game uses only one or two cpu cores, therefore creating a bottleneck hence why your gpu's at 15%
(2020-04-18 15:51)Raphi Wrote: [ -> ]Just a guess, run the p3d executable at higher priority and see if anything changes. Have a look at your CPU usage by core instead of all cores; it should give you an answer about whether the cpu is giving its best or just "idling". I'm sure the game uses only one or two cpu cores, therefore creating a bottleneck hence why your gpu's at 15%

You're the closest to the answer, which i dont know. I tried it and it only increased my FPS significantly but did not use more performance yet. im guessing if my pc uses 100% usage CPU and GPU, the FPS would be way way more. like around 120 or 90ish
(2020-04-18 19:10)Sky Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-04-18 15:51)Raphi Wrote: [ -> ]Just a guess, run the p3d executable at higher priority and see if anything changes. Have a look at your CPU usage by core instead of all cores; it should give you an answer about whether the cpu is giving its best or just "idling". I'm sure the game uses only one or two cpu cores, therefore creating a bottleneck hence why your gpu's at 15%

You're the closest to the answer, which i dont know. I tried it and it only increased my FPS significantly but did not use more performance yet. im guessing if my pc uses 100% usage CPU and GPU, the FPS would be way way more. like around 120 or 90ish

Maybe the power settings are not correctly set up? In the control panel -> power thingy (doesn't rememnber exactly the name in english) you can tell the computer to use a balanced power setting or push it at 100%.

It could be a heat related issue too, make sure everything's not too warm when gaming...

I'm sure it has something related with Windows settings, you should research that way.

Did you changed anything prior to the issue or was it always the case? Driver update, windows update, overclock setting, or even a hardware change? Computer tech can sometimes be a pain in the butt but most of the time the fixes are there, it's only had to know what's the issue and where does it come from.
I tried P3D v5 too. Im not sure if its an early bug or just how the software uses resources? Who really knows. I maxed out the sim and still only had 10% GPU usage. So its not just you, don't worry!

[Image: xC0DXxy.png]

I kinda expected 30ish FPS with everything maxed out around Chicago. Its deferentially a CPU intensive SIM over GPU.

Specs: Ryzen 5 3600X // Nvidia 1070 8GB // 16GB 3200MHz

Did a quick test in XP11 using Vulkan (No this is not a debate between sims) and it seems the GPU is being used fully almost 100%

[Image: 1fJUqR4.png]

Very weird indeed! I wish those clouds were in XP11 Sad
Somebody should rather make a screenshot of the CPU section. I guess will show 1 or 2 cores at 100% while the rest will show a little or none usage at all. Typical un-optimised behaviour.
Reference URL's