[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Impound Vehicles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to suggest the ability to impound vehicles after so many offences. Especially repeat offenders.

Either impound a specific VIN for like a day or 2 or the player has to pay the impound fee to release the car immediately.
Assuming you are suggesting this as a new power for Police? I kind of like it, but I can see a few disputes over cars being impounded if that was the case.
almost nobody has a car anymore ... what nonsense ... who is supposed to confiscate the cars? very funny idea .. but not assertive ... makes no sense on a cruising server ..

the punishment is a fine
(2020-08-11 18:07)Carl Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming you are suggesting this as a new power for Police? I kind of like it, but I can see a few disputes over cars being impounded if that was the case.

Possibly maybe for higher ranked officers to have the ability to? Or even just for TC staff, and add it as a new option for cops to call supervisor in SOS menu and the TC members on duty as cops can "investigate" and see if it's worth impounding the vehicle.
so i have to fear that my car will be confiscated and that i am not allowed to pursue it for fun ..

i think it would lead to disputes and it wouldn't be fun anymore
(2020-08-11 18:11)Moonlight.Neko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-11 18:07)Carl Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming you are suggesting this as a new power for Police? I kind of like it, but I can see a few disputes over cars being impounded if that was the case.

Possibly maybe for higher ranked officers to have the ability to? Or even just for TC staff, and add it as a new option for cops to call supervisor in SOS menu and the TC members on duty as cops can "investigate" and see if it's worth impounding the vehicle.

I see. Perhaps add a poll, but my expectation is that many would disagree with this. It's probably a good thing for the economy, but I do see a few things that just wouldn't work out in my opinion.
Added a poll.
It would be interesting to see the effect this would have on admin action stats if it was implemented. People driving very dangerously might be more likely to have their car impounded by police ingame, before the use of a UF1 restriction or kick being needed by an admin.

I don't mind the idea in general but there's definitely things that wouldn't work out as Carl said, and things that would need to be discussed a lot before letting cops have that power. We wouldn't want far less cars actively driving around like Titan alluded to, maybe just the ones that are very high risk
people who drive too dangerously and ram too much or drive too long on the wrong side .. sooner or later they will be punished ..

there will be too many problems and the admin will definitely have more work ...

and some are determined to take advantage of this power for fun or to annoy ...

even if only the vcu's get this authorization .. I think that the admins already have enough to do ..
Hi Smile,

This sounds like a very interesting idea, it seems like something that would shake up the current system, making it a tad more interesting.

It would be interesting to see how the Administration Action Statistics are affected by the application of this feature, but i'm pretty sure it would cause some problems, and it wouldn't stop the Snowflakes within the community complaining every single time they have a vehicle impounded, not 100% sure how much patience the wonderful [TC] members of staff would have dealing with every single snowflake issue around on the network. Also, I would limit the use of this to more experienced COP Players, basing it on the EXP Points System.

Support this idea 100%. There are good vibes from the Admins, but the snowflakes around are an ever present presence within the force! Let's get it implemented Smile
Uf1 restrict is enough i think
Just a hint to everyone trying to make a new suggestion:

Expand on the idea. Think it through, think of all the possible scenarios where this could come in handy and where this could be exploited.

The worst thing someone can do is write 1 or 2 sentences and leave it at that, the chances of an idea (that could be good on paper) not getting considered skyrockets.
(2020-08-14 06:41)Ice Wrote: [ -> ]Just a hint to everyone trying to make a new suggestion:

Expand on the idea. Think it through, think of all the possible scenarios where this could come in handy and where this could be exploited.

The worst thing someone can do is write 1 or 2 sentences and leave it at that, the chances of an idea (that could be good on paper) not getting considered skyrockets.

I kind of did elaborate some in the thread.

I just thought it would be good idea with repeat offenders, and make it easier and more realistic with the ability to have their vehicle impounded. Did you want me to ad that to the original post?
Reference URL's