[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: G27 New desk.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this week or next week ill be buying my new g27 wheel. I need a basic idea on how thick the wood should be on my desk. So that my desktop screen doesn't shake all over the place.. If you could take a quick picture of how thick your's lot is, then ill have a general idea when I go to buy a new desk. I guessing a glass desk + g27 wont mix well so ill keep it wood. Unless any of you have a glass desk? Confused

Thanks guys
-Bez
I've got mine mounted to my wall, and is about 2.5cm (+- 1") thick. It isn't shaky at all.
Ill give it a try with this desk then. If its shaky ill have to buy a new one I guess xD

Cheers Johan Smile!
It doesn't matter how thick the plate is , its need to be mounted to the wall to secure it won't shake Smile
Still needs to be thick enough to mount the wheel to the plate without those annoying plastic bits that come with the wheel Tongue
Ive got mine mounted just like johan.

Onto the wall and wood.
I am really putting so mutch strength on the twistly little things to get it as tight as posible, the marks are in the wood itself Smile
Anyhow, this is a picture of how it looks like.
I've got an pencil just to compare it. {No rezise }
I have my G25 on my desk, no noticeable shaking. Hollow desk, approx 1 Inch.
Reference URL's