[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Police Rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was in a chase litrally 10 minuites ago and i got pitted into a barrier, now i believe that there should be a rule saying, The Road ahead should be clear and safe to perform a PIT. E.g. Barriers etc...

I mean i do it anyway, and its a law that cops in real life follow
Under certain circumstances in certain country's, it would be permitted to intentionality crash your suspect. It all depends on if you can justify your reason for doing it.

For example, a suspect is driving recklessly to the point that the chances of a fatality/fatalities are very high if immediate action is not taken. In this case using a contact manoeuvre that causes your suspect to hit a solid object may be permitted, depending on which country the chase is taking place.
PIT maneuevers should not endanger other road users, however they are designed to imobilize a suspects car, i.e into a barrier on the servers.
Do the same to cops and wait for them to complain here Wink
They can do it to cops too, thing is that 90% of the time the cop gets rammed and not PIT.
It's perfectly allowed for cops to PIT their suspects into a barrier.

(2012-06-01 13:48)Malibu Wrote: [ -> ]They can do it to cops too, thing is that 90% of the time the cop gets rammed and not PIT.

Exactly that.
I tend to try PITting them into barriers so it will stop them. Robber's will/have done the same thing to me. All in all, its fine to PIT someone into a barrier long as traffic isn't coming.
I don't see a problem with it, the main problem for me is when cops pit you into oncoming traffic. And most of the time it doesn't happen once, it can happen quite a few times. Would be a lot better if cops could just make sure the road is clear when they go in for a PIT.
Lets not forget those suspects that have a fetish for brake-checking a cop when his going to perform a pit maneuver. Usually when I find a small window, I go for it. my .02
In the end of the day, it's not the suspsects safety the cop's on the server are interested in IMO but other drivers, the big concern for the cop should be the vehicles around them (coming from the guy who caused like two massive pile ups the other day xDD). And in a server like Sydney, it's impossible to PIT a suspect without them hitting a barrier one way or another..
It's your job to not get pitted into a barrier, not the cops.
Pitting into a barrier is fine and will probably be fine forever because the cop's main focus is mainly to neutralise the car they're chasing, and pitting into a barrier (not ramming into one) is fine and legit and you can avoid it so it's fair. Furthermore, if you're being chased by a cop, you can pit them into a barrier as well.

It's just pitting into traffic which isn't a good idea, but of course accidents can happen and someone may accidentally be pitted into a vehicle.
maby someone need to change the rules then.

- Vincent
(2012-06-01 19:32)Vincent Wrote: [ -> ]maby someone need to change the rules then.

- Vincent

What needs changing and why?
(2012-06-01 19:41)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-01 19:32)Vincent Wrote: [ -> ]maby someone need to change the rules then.

- Vincent

What needs changing and why?

well, in the rules stands : when the road is clear from cars barriers etc.
miniyer sayd : ''now i believe that there should be a rule saying, The Road ahead should be clear and safe to perform a PIT. E.g. Barriers etc..''

I think that's a rule but no one care. what is then the utility of that rule ?

- Vincent
I don't see that in the rules.
The only two rules regarding force are these two:

Quote:5.3. Use of Force
Force may only be used if the suspect has failed to stop. The InSim will state when the suspect has failed to stop (after approx 45 seconds)
5.4. Force / Physical Contact
Any force used must be calculated and tactical. The direct impact of intentional contact should cause very minor or ideally no damage to either car. Ramming is forbidden.
It doesn't say that in the rules Vincent. Think about and research your response before clicking post.
(2012-06-01 20:54)Lampshade Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't say that in the rules Vincent. Think about and research your response before clicking post.

Im sorry, but he said so, haha

I will next time Wink

- Vincent
Well, though it was never explicitly prohibited by the rules, it was still considered a foul move ever since I can think of as pitting or pushing someone into a barrier has only one aim: To disable and/or destroy the others car the fastest, laziest, and dirtiest way. Hence it's quite as worse a direct crashing, which is not allowed for reason.

Bit sad to see how low our standards have gone.
The cops role in a Chase is to stop the suspect. If you have an opportunity to pit them into a barrier.. why waste it?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's