[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Phone / PDA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have never created a [TC] Gaming Forum account until now because I didn't feel the need to. I rarely post ideas unless, in my opinion, they have potential. So here is a very simple idea of mine:

On the server, you can't acess the main menu unless you are on the safe zone. However, I think it would be a good idea to add an item, like a "Phone" or a "PDA", that would enable you to access some, but not all, of the options on the main menu. For example, a PDA would not give you access to settings, and it wouldn't allow you to buy a car from the dealer, and view your property and garage, however it would enable you to access the bank, current car, or property, or even the help menu.

Of course, this idea can be changed and the menu access can be tweaked to the admin's taste.

It would also be expensive, like 10,000 € or 10,500€.[/font]
and why should you do that? what is the advantage? until now i only see work from admin ..

the system as it is now is sufficient .. so why make it more complicated
I actually like it.

However, when people use it while driving, that might be a problem, bc potential crashing may occur.

A solution could be that the "phone" would only be clickable when your car is stationairy.
(2021-03-06 12:47)MartyDeslions Wrote: [ -> ]I actually like it.

However, when people use it while driving, that might be a problem, bc potential crashing may occur.

A solution could be that the "phone" would only be clickable when your car is stationairy.

No, no, no, ofcourse you should be able to use the phone while driving, but the police will be able to fine you lmao.
(2021-03-06 12:47)MartyDeslions Wrote: [ -> ]I actually like it.

Yes, that would definitely be a good idea, thank you for your contribution. However, another user suggested to be able to use it while driving, but having the possibility of being fined, which is also a good idea. I think we should leave this to the admins.

(2021-03-06 09:17)Titan Wrote: [ -> ]and why should you do that? what is the advantage? until now i only see work from admin ..

the system as it is now is sufficient .. so why make it more complicated

The advantage, as I see it, would be that people could store their money without having to return to the pits; it would also be useful for people to view commands without going to the pits or going online.

Obviously, we cannot make it super OP or super complicated, but I don’t think it would be that complex of an idea to have a phone implemented.
I like the idea personally. Even if it’s just to wire transfer money to other players.
Reference URL's