[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Prohibit voting to Restart Race or End Race
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Recently there has been an increase in people voting to End Race or to Restart Race for a laugh, but it is extremely disruptive to the Gameplay Experience of everyone especially when there's something like 30 players online at any one time, we had one earlier today and the InSim along with us as Players struggled to get the game going again, the InSim even stated that the Server looked like it was lagging.

My suggestion is simple-ish, to implement a piece of code that would stop the voting of Race End or Race Restart completely, this would end the misery of the disruption that is caused when everyone in the entire server votes to end a race or restart a race? Also, with any Spam Votes encountered to give out Fines or Kicks as per the usual way?

Thank you.
+1
While visual and audio (SysMessage) spam was not fun, being forced to stop driving and seeing all chases being forced to end was lamentable.
I'm not that expert coding, specially with DotNet. But I think is not possible you block players to Vote End and/or Restart the Race. Maximum you can do is "punish" who try to Vote End and/or Restart the Race through spectate him and cancel his vote but anyway the sound will have already been reproduced.

Note: The Insim already punishes who is the last to vote before the Game considers the vote to be valid, so InSim cancels the vote for specting the player (since you can only have a valid vote when you are on the track).

As stated by Live for Speed documentation by setting up through the config file (host one), the attribute "that comes closest" to what is necessary would be:

Live for Speed Documentation Wrote:/select=yes :no / yes : (can guests select track)

But it would be unviable because most TC members, excluding Server Controls and Chief Constables, do not have administrator rights on the servers. Their powers are defined through ranks set by InSim itself.

Opera summary, that's a +1 for the idea. But I think it can not be done sucessfully.

*Anything that I can may have been wrong about the internal workings of InSim and the TC Management, please disregard.
+1
I agree with this since people use this way not only to troll but, also to be annoying,
But also u might have been griding for a high trip and u just wanna get to 1000 km and u lose because someone might want to end the race for some weird reason so please make this a thing it's only for the better I would say.
Our servers are already configured with :
/vote=no
/select=no

If I'm not mistaken, one controls the ability to vote-ban/vote-kick people and the other merely to allow people to select the track, but that does not cover the ability to vote for restart/end the race.
IIRC, the only thing Insim could do is to issue a vote-cancel command every time someone starts a vote.
Well, this only thing you could do probably will prevent these troubles, Chuck.
Chuck Wrote:IIRC, the only thing Insim could do is to issue a vote-cancel command every time someone starts a vote.

This is common on other servers, so a good solution here too I think.
(2021-05-26 08:07)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Our servers are already configured with :
/vote=no
/select=no

If I'm not mistaken, one controls the ability to vote-ban/vote-kick people and the other merely to allow people to select the track, but that does not cover the ability to vote for restart/end the race.
IIRC, the only thing Insim could do is to issue a vote-cancel command every time someone starts a vote.

Hi Chuck,

Yes, this is what I was trying to get at, just having something like a automatic Vote-Cancel Command that would be issued every time a vote is cast implemented in to the InSim would stop all of the chaos and the trouble that has been caused recently.

It has been implemented widely across other Live For Speed Servers notably within the Airio System that is in Race Servers, and it would as Pete has said be a suitable solution to this issue.

Thanks Smile
If it can also prevent the chat spam of "someone voted to end race" that would be nicer too, but might be not possible, idk
(2021-05-30 18:13)Sky Wrote: [ -> ]If it can also prevent the chat spam of "someone voted to end race" that would be nicer too, but might be not possible, idk

Well, something like auto-hello fine. First time may be a warning, next time will be X amount of money. Next time will be x2, x3,x4 and then 24hr ban or something like that.
Reference URL's