[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: MOT inspection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I was thinking in TC there should be a MOT inspection monthly (one MOT lasts 30 days) per car and should cost like 500€. Also for every layout would be nice to make like a MOT garage and you have to wait there 5 minutes until new MOT is made. When your car does not have MOT cops can see it and can fine you. Also without MOT you can not participate in track days
I like the idea! Simple, and straight to the point! Smile
(2021-07-22 20:36)Erko987 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

I was thinking in TC there should be a MOT inspection monthly (one MOT lasts 30 days) per car and should cost like 500€. Also for every layout would be nice to make like a MOT garage and you have to wait there 5 minutes until new MOT is made. When your car does not have MOT cops can see it and can fine you. Also without MOT you can not participate in track days

I like this idea, I don't know if the number of days and the cost are appropriate, but it's an interesting addition.
Another way to get our virtual money. I say yes.
I made an mistake. I accidentally voted for NO in the poll. Please cancel my vote.
I think we have enough money-sinks in the TC economy...
(2021-07-23 11:19)Vader Wrote: [ -> ]I made an mistake. I accidentally voted for NO in the poll. Please cancel my vote.

i can not cancel the vote, i tried.
Idea is good, but 500 for 30 days per car seems too much.
500€ is like 20 mins of driving, it's pocket change.
(2021-07-23 13:29)Yukine Wrote: [ -> ]500€ is like 20 mins of driving, it's pocket change.

+1
(2021-07-23 13:09)Misterviin Wrote: [ -> ]Idea is good, but 500 for 30 days per car seems too much.

imo even shorter than every 30 days Biggrin
Great idea.

I suggest that the pricing depends on the car itself. For instance, UF1/XFG/XRG would have different MOT pricing than say, an FZ5.
(2021-07-25 16:58)Kumail Wrote: [ -> ]Great idea.

I suggest that the pricing depends on the car itself. For instance, UF1/XFG/XRG would have different MOT pricing than say, an FZ5.

Great suggestion Smile
Nice idea!
30 days ? why so long -. would that mean that i can't drive the car?
We did use to have vehicle servicing on TC a while ago. That was similar to an MOT but it lasted much longer and I can't remember if there was such a cost.

Maybe bringing that back but with a small fee would be like what the OP is saying? Then just reword it a bit for MOT instead.

I voted no, however, as I think the current system works well.

(2021-07-27 10:08)Titan Wrote: [ -> ]30 days ? why so long -. would that mean that i can't drive the car?

I think the OP means the MOT test itself lasts for five minutes but then you have a valid MOT inspection certificate on the car for 30 days.

(2021-07-23 12:09)Erko987 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-07-23 11:19)Vader Wrote: [ -> ]I made an mistake. I accidentally voted for NO in the poll. Please cancel my vote.

i can not cancel the vote, i tried.

Of course you can't cancel the vote - you don't have any admin privileges.

You should be able to cancel the vote by clicking "Undo Vote" at the top of the poll near the title?
the MOT should not expire after days but after kilometers ...

for example 1000km or so
(2021-07-27 10:32)Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]You should be able to cancel the vote by clicking "Undo Vote" at the top of the poll near the title?

That's not possible for regular users it seems like.
Valuable idea. Probably will help for balance the economy.

This is +1 for me.
Reference URL's