[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: DCS World Machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey! I'm looking for some tips to buy a machine for running DCS World.

There is the DCS World minimum and recommended requirements:

You guys can help by indicating some parts for buy, fitting with recommended requirements, that have a good relation quality-price.

Thanks!
Just a tip, I'm not good at pc specs, but don't get DCS through steam, get it on the DCS website and use the openbeta version, and buy the modules through there, reason being is that some aircraft are in openbeta only and steam doesn't have that, it doesn't effect multiplayer any using openbeta.

Also you might be best asking on the DCS forums
So this would be list of parta i'd have.
I am cufrently rocking i5 4570s @2,9ghz. 1060 6gb gpu and 6 gigs of ram. Dcs runs, but on full minecraft mode.

CPU I5 11600k (Intel performs better in gaming than amd)
MOBO: Gigabyte z590 gaming z (get a z chipset)
GPU: RTX 3060 of some good manufacturer (left you with more choice on this one)
RAM: 32gb DDR4 3200mhz, quad-channel (make surr to get ram from good manufacturer)
PSU: Around 650-700W from good manufacturer, and at least 80+gold rated.
If you get cheap crappy cpu, you also need a co2 fire extinguisher and your local emergency services nuber on speed dial.
Case and storage you choose whats best for your needs.
(2021-09-10 00:28)Lyrinx Wrote: [ -> ]Just a tip, I'm not good at pc specs, but don't get DCS through steam, get it on the DCS website and use the openbeta version, and buy the modules through there, reason being is that some aircraft are in openbeta only and steam doesn't have that, it doesn't effect multiplayer any using openbeta.

Also you might be best asking on the DCS forums

(2021-09-10 08:01)Misterviin Wrote: [ -> ]So this would be list of parta i'd have.
I am cufrently rocking i5 4570s @2,9ghz. 1060 6gb gpu and 6 gigs of ram. Dcs runs, but on full minecraft mode.

CPU I5 11600k (Intel performs better in gaming than amd)
MOBO: Gigabyte z590 gaming z (get a z chipset)
GPU: RTX 3060 of some good manufacturer (left you with more choice on this one)
RAM: 32gb DDR4 3200mhz, quad-channel (make surr to get ram from good manufacturer)
PSU: Around 650-700W from good manufacturer, and at least 80+gold rated.
If you get cheap crappy cpu, you also need a co2 fire extinguisher and your local emergency services nuber on speed dial.
Case and storage you choose whats best for your needs.

Thank you guys, I will look at it. Probably gonna buy something like it, Mistervinn. Thumbup
My brain stopped working when inwas thinking about ram channels. Finally got it back working again
Reference URL's