[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Delivery Missions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since people had been asking on this:

I currently have no real idea how such a system could be done or what people expect from it, so I'm asking here if anyone has some ideas how it could work.
is done in a similar way to RC .. how exactly it works with the insim no idea ..

you drive there to get an order .. then you drive to your destination
Chucking some ideas out there. They're probably flawed but maybe there is some foundation to work with from these:-

Complex: Car Dealer Supply Chain

Here's an idea that probably would not happen overnight, but would introduce a whole bunch of mechanics:-

Introduce a whole new supply-chain mechanic into the Car Dealer, where there are raw materials, that then need to go to factories to get turned into parts, which then go to Car manufacturers.

Certain loads would require certain vehicles that may be less or more expensive to own

When a player buys a car from the car dealer, depending on the vehicle it consumes a certain amount of parts. Prices on vehicles fluctuate depending on supply and demand

Simple: Delivery Scooters

We gain a new 'hunger' bar that runs out say once in 4 hours?. When it runs out you can keep driving but a 'hungry' driver earns 1€ less than the normal rate.

He can then call upon a Deliverpoo Scooter, who'll bring him his Certified fresh steam' hot "The big one" and his hunger bar will be filled again. Scooter boy gets say 50€ for his efforts, a nice way for people to grind and earn some extra dosh on a scooter.
(2021-12-01 14:47)Tommer Wrote: [ -> ]Chucking some ideas out there. They're probably flawed but maybe there is some foundation to work with from these:-

Complex: Car Dealer Supply Chain

Here's an idea that probably would not happen overnight, but would introduce a whole bunch of mechanics:-

Introduce a whole new supply-chain mechanic into the Car Dealer, where there are raw materials, that then need to go to factories to get turned into parts, which then go to Car manufacturers.

Certain loads would require certain vehicles that may be less or more expensive to own

When a player buys a car from the car dealer, depending on the vehicle it consumes a certain amount of parts. Prices on vehicles fluctuate depending on supply and demand

Simple: Delivery Scooters

We gain a new 'hunger' bar that runs out say once in 4 hours?. When it runs out you can keep driving but a 'hungry' driver earns 1€ less than the normal rate.

He can then call upon a Deliverpoo Scooter, who'll bring him his Certified fresh steam' hot "The big one" and his hunger bar will be filled again. Scooter boy gets say 50€ for his efforts, a nice way for people to grind and earn some extra dosh on a scooter.

I really do not like systems that depend on 100% of players to work. What if people simply do not want to deliver? Will all players earn -1€?
IMO keep it simple for now:

- Every map would have a truck depot. Although I think the system would work best on larger maps
- !startdelivery at truck depot - you are then assigned a random delivery location. Examples for Weston: petrol station, hospital, Westlodge
- Earnings for job depends on the distance between the depot and delivery location, and if your vehicle made contact with someone else (I know this sort of thing is already calculated for condition)

I was also thinking that one type of delivery could be vehicle delivery. IIRC it's possible for the new-car dealer to run out of some car variants, so it could be made that users would have to deliver cars to keep stock up - as opposed to admin intervention.
+1
addition to that, maybe would be interesting you need to do certain amount of distance (50km,100km...) befor you can depo at your delivery location. i think those short routs would be boring
I haven't given it much thought, but perhaps take inspiration from ETS2? In a simplified form of course. So you go somewhere to take a job, then you transport that load to your destination. Then get your paycheck. Maybe the amount you get could depend on whether you have accidents on the way or are late. Again, much like ETS2.
If we ever get a bike with blue lights, as well as for Police cars, you could do blood/organ deliverys for [MED]
yh +1 on that sounds pretty good
What abouuuut

[Image: LC4lWTA.png]

Smile
how about a simple doordash/uber eats system where the driver gets an alert for where to pick something up and where to deliver it after (car parts maybe?)

please consider that if you reward speed, there might be a lot of chaos, so maybe introduce a harsh penalty for crashing (e.g. losing the order and taking a hit on their ranking) or curb it somehow

the car accessory system could also be useful for equipping vehicles with parts to enable delivery (uber eats-style box for bikes etc)

heres something i wrote a couple of years ago:
https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthr...?tid=30512
However it's done, I think a new role should be created alongside COP, TOW, etc. If the tag is not on, then no jobs should become available. I think it's important not to amalgamate it with those playing as Citizen/Robber. This would be useful for structuring the administrative side of coming up with any new rules that would need to be drafted, as well as for implementing any stats/ranking system on World (e.g. like we have with COP XP).
I thought about something more interesting - what about giving users a list of points they have to go through or stop at instead of one destination. this is pretty much how missions in drift city work.
they also have timed missions, but I think that might be a little too chaotic for city driving
Delivery truck jobs will be cool for sure! One thing to add as suggestion is - New gadget - GPS , we buy it and when delivering we get red dot on the map to show where we need to deliver it or the same thing but in tc map app for android
(2021-12-01 16:19)BP Wrote: [ -> ]IMO keep it simple for now:

- Every map would have a truck depot. Although I think the system would work best on larger maps
- !startdelivery at truck depot - you are then assigned a random delivery location. Examples for Weston: petrol station, hospital, Westlodge
- Earnings for job depends on the distance between the depot and delivery location, and if your vehicle made contact with someone else (I know this sort of thing is already calculated for condition)

I was also thinking that one type of delivery could be vehicle delivery. IIRC it's possible for the new-car dealer to run out of some car variants, so it could be made that users would have to deliver cars to keep stock up - as opposed to admin intervention.

This is probably the best way to go about it, the only thing i would personally add is a time limit for these and a payout fluctuation based on that time
(2021-12-17 04:04)Felipe Jardim Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-12-01 16:19)BP Wrote: [ -> ]IMO keep it simple for now:

This is probably the best way to go about it, the only thing i would personally add is a time limit for these and a payout fluctuation based on that time

Yea that sounds pretty good, but at the same time they could add car parts for cars, like so people would try to drive carefull, if u crash your car too much every part could add different engine restrictions, atleast thats what came in my mind after reading this.
Quote:Yea that sounds pretty good, but at the same time they could add car parts for cars, like so people would try to drive carefull, if u crash your car too much every part could add different engine restrictions, atleast thats what came in my mind after reading this.

NO!
(2021-12-17 04:04)Felipe Jardim Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-12-01 16:19)BP Wrote: [ -> ]le quote

A time limit would only make people speed like a F1 car to get to a delivery and maximize profit. I'd prefer that if you speed the payout gets reduced, therefor be encouraged to actually follow at least the speed limits. To somewhat make people actually drive like normal human beings on trucks and vans.
Delivery job, from a to b or from a "factory" to delivery points.

Pay depending on the distance and also on the amount of cargo delivered and/or the place delivered.
(Small trunk = low capacity, Van/Truck = high capacity. [Cubic meters unit?])

For a larger scale system:
-Trucks delivering from a factory to initial delivery point.
-Private vehicles delivering from initial delivery point to customer(s) (last kilometer delivery).
[Last kilometer delivery with multiple drop points to avoid monotony?]

Taxi/Uber job, taking "people" from a to b, with waiting time between fares.
You can receive "people"'s call from a random defined point or some sort of taxi station.
Pay depending on the fare distance (predetermined pay, to avoid abuse of driving around).

Bus job, self explanatory, one bus station (start/end point) and multiple stops along the way.

Stopping in a defined spot starts a timer of few seconds (loading people).
[Keeps your brakes on for safety!]

If you move out of the bus stop while loading people, it counts as missed stop and your pay suffers.
[Slight movement could be allowed, to avoid being penalized by other players mistakes (1~5 meters)].

"Jobs" would require a minimum of driving safety.
Money bonus for the delivery speed should not be implemented to avoid chaos.
While you make money, the goal is also to enjoy driving/rp'ing. We're not working for Amazon.

Delivery's (object or people) pay could be impacted by speeding.
- Similarly to the driving income, being over the speed limit leeway could lower the job's pay by x every few seconds, up to a final pay of 0€.

The "roleplaying" excuses would be:
- Cargo would be damaged by dangerous driving.
- No one would voluntary use service of a dangerous taxi driver.
[Those would be logical excuses, not implemented penalties!]

No actual penalty for collision with other players, unfair system at the root as the faulty party can't be determined and could lead to abuse.

Each job could require a license, for each player to further acknowledge driving rules and maybe roleplaying rules that might be born with the related job.

Each licenses could be available with no or lower minimal distance than other rp jobs but still at an expense, to make the server more fun to play on as a new player and deepen the roleplay.
[Get yourself familiar with the server (rules and habits) by driving around with your car and after few hours be able to get your job license to further progress.]

Truck/bus usage could be kept behind a pricey (10k?) "professional" license, along "professional" vehicle buy cost, to avoid some nubbery and also justify working.
You're not supposed to be driving large, dangerous, vehicles at the second you're born into the world.
They could also come with a dedicated speed limit, like 90kph for trucks (EU countries who limits their trucks to 80kph are nubies).

In my opinion jobs should be an occupation rather than a large money income.
This is a cruise/cops'n'robber server with also nice drifters and a bit of nubbery, not the land of brain dead people running from a to b to make money.
(2021-12-22 03:06)Yukine Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion jobs should be an occupation rather than a large money income.
This is a cruise/cops'n'robber server with also nice drifters and a bit of nubbery, not the land of brain dead people running from a to b to make money.

This is a really well thought out suggestion and I agree with everything other than this part.

If jobs do end up getting implemented I think they should give at least somewhere on par with income gotten from the currant available systems. imo seeing a server full of people cruising from a to b in a variety of cars doing jobs that take them to various different locations not commonly driven would be much better than how things are atm, and would simulate a "city" atmosphere much better.

For example on BL currently if you really want money you take a uf1 and drive at 30mph on the same loop ad nauseam, all tracks have a few loops like this that people use when they want to grind money, I can't see how anything could be more brain dead than this. Yes there's copping, but that's often a less consistent way to earn money compared to just driving the same loop over and over, it also relies on being able to play while the server is near it's peak activity to even come close to earning the same.

Either way I really hope that jobs are at least given a chance, even if just as an experiment. I think they have the potential to make the server much more interesting and improve the experience overall, especially for new players.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's