[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Heavy weight license & speedlimit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The recent mods & jobs introduction expended the server roleplay wise.
In that regard, I have two suggestions about heavy vehicles.

In real life, Europe & UK in mind, you need a proper license/permit to drive vehicles that are over 3.5t GVW and/or exceeding certain amount of seats.

I believe larger & heavier vehicles, like the LCT3000 & ONIBUS VTR, should be treated differently than a car due to the difference of performance, purpose, and their size.
Those vehicles require a bit more skills and care due to their size, usage & lack of top speed, than the casual car.

What about introducing a new license destined to heavy weight vehicles, in a similar fashion than the taxi job requiring acquisition of a license?
> The acquisition of the license would allow usage of that category of vehicles for a year.

That category of vehicle doesn't reach the speed limit in many scenarios, both on small or large tracks, what about setting a general speed limit for it?
> Limiting heavy vehicles driving at inappropriate speeds, reducing the danger to other drivers.
> For own-able vehicles, this would permit to avoid the harsh reduction of driving income when driving on a faster road (120~160kph).
Good idea. I have voted yes for suggestion one.
Two yes One no,

those tests were a pain in the past I tried to do the COP one and failed it b/c it's not made clear it's multi-choice..

Speaking as someone who used to be a lead trainer. I don't think the tests even really significantly increased the quality of cops.. I've seen some interesting ..displays.. recently. So in all my experience of the tests is they just penalize people who don't check boxes and deal with bureaucracy for a living.

There's also something to be said about those who follow the word of the law instead of the spirit of the law. If I wanted to increase the quality of driving at [TC] I would focus on training, driving lessons. Nothing can replace that.

Besides that, noobing about in the bigger vehicles is kinda what makes them fun, I don't think that the servers really got worse as a result of it, at least from what I experienced so far. I say let the people noob!
More licenses, please no
Each license gonna cost 2500 and that's a bit expensive for some.
Not to mention there's already plenty of mods that are ownable
And they are somewhat expensive, putting more licenses and restrictions will limit players who can enjoy or even use mods on the server. That's not what's the server about i think
So if licenses to be added or a new aspect of roleplay its not good without considering the economic system of the server for all players.
Reference URL's