[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Let's Make the Chase Fair and Great Again!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
since the mods Have launched There are so many fast cars such as LX8 V8 Street, The power inside of this car is insane and there's many and many of these kinds of cars, now it doesn't matter how pro the driver is like before anyone can escape by these cars
After the mods launched I start to hate being the suspect and I'm sure the rest are mad too cuz I know there is always the guy who wants to drive the fastest car to have a chance to catch the others with it

What I'm asking exactly from the admins is to either remove the car from the server cuz literary there is No point in having lx8 there is already lx6, Or reduce the power from 621hp To 222hp

And Lx6 is Already known as Super Fast What's the point of having Lx8?

By Voting Yes for Removing the car or Or even reducing the power You making the Chase Great Again!
Tbh, this isn't only busted car out there. But yes, it is too overpowered.
You're right But still, you can dodge the other cars, But No Way you can't get away from LX8 Ain't No Chance
Isn't the ridiculously fast RB more of a problem?

But judging by the poll, I'll ask a level 1 to remove this LX8
Believe me, If I got to decide, I'll Do determine the maximum speeds and the number of horses each mod car , I'm starting to get sick of seeing fxo overtaking me with 300 km/h and I can't catch him with my Big boy Fz5 XD
To be honest too many cars are overpowered. But in this situation for this thread, I am also asking to remove the LX8 or be forced to drive it in 50% restriction. It's overpowered the only thing you've to learn it's how to control it and that's easy for you if you have driven LX6 before. So my vote will be " Yes please remove it ".
(2022-01-12 21:10)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't the ridiculously fast RB more of a problem?

But judging by the poll, I'll ask a level 1 to remove this LX8

It is a problem.
To make chases fair again, we would have to add some sort of Tiers/Heats system. If a suspect is a slow car, only slow cars with similar performance could join. If they fail to bust him for long enough, the second tier unlocks and faster cars can join in on him.

Of course for that to work you would have to check every mods power to assign it to each category and so on and on. So that sucks.

So then just restrict cops to cars that have lightbars on them. I assume that will happen sooner or later because when night update comes you wont be driving as a cop without lightbar at night.

I mean i don't even drive as a suspect no more, whats the point, some guy will pick S15 with insane downforce or some other OP mod that there are many and you are done. Besides whats the point of running anyway.
(2022-01-12 22:03)SIMOX Wrote: [ -> ]To make chases fair again, we would have to add some sort of Tiers/Heats system. If a suspect is a slow car, only slow cars with similar performance could join. If they fail to bust him for long enough, the second tier unlocks and faster cars can join in on him.

Of course for that to work you would have to check every mods power to assign it to each category and so on and on. So that sucks.

So then just restrict cops to cars that have lightbars on them. I assume that will happen sooner or later because when night update comes you wont be driving as a cop without lightbar at night.

I mean i don't even drive as a suspect no more, whats the point, some guy will pick S15 with insane downforce or some other OP mod that there are many and you are done. Besides whats the point of running anyway.

since the night update is in the way, we could Give the modelers a limit for the hp & torque you don't go more than the required limit or your car will be rejected to get in tc

example:360hp * torque 300

even the new Toyate suproza T, it got 680hp Sheeeeeeeeesh, whenever I saw this car in front of me while I'm on duty I pretend that I don't see it, Ain't No wayy To catch it
I would like to add something, Toyate suproza has incredible power, it needs to be removed too, this car is faster than the GTR's damnMad. Moreover, these fast cars do complete chaos on the server, they have to reduce the power of these cars by using restrictions like buses.
I agree that in general, most chases that I have experienced recently do not feel balanced

However I think having fast and slow cars makes driving on the server more interesting with a wide variety. I don't want cars to be removed because they are too fast (or too slow).

I do not think that this issue is the fault of mods. If you think back to the days before mods, the majority of cops generally always went for the FZ50. There was a time very long ago when FXO was a more popular choice.

My feeling is that we should not remove mods for being too fast, but rather the insim risk/rewards wants balancing, to incentivize mid-range car usage both by cops and robbers.

I know many disagree with me, but I also maintain my position that robbers should have something to gain and cops should have something to lose. Currently Cops have everything to gain and nothing to lose, whilst Robbers have everything to lose and nothing to gain.
I'm a bit in the dark here as not really drove the modded cars, but I'm sure skill of a driver has to count that's what used to make the game exciting the different levels of speed experience etc. Some people just don't want to play fair or go by rules anymore keep t.c. unique mods are fun but keep certain ones get rid of the rest make a general poll each week or something keep it fair
I agree the lx v8 is pretty unbalanced in tc's current state and probably shouldn't be allowed

(2022-01-12 22:21)M6 Wrote: [ -> ]since the night update is in the way, we could Give the modelers a limit for the hp & torque you don't go more than the required limit or your car will be rejected to get in tc

example:360hp * torque 300

But this is an awful idea imo. With limitations like this many supercar/hypercar replicas that are bound to be made in the future would end up being disallowed on tc, or being allowed in a significantly watered down form despite their specs being completely reasonable in reality.

(2022-01-12 21:22)M6 Wrote: [ -> ]Believe me, If I got to decide, I'll Do determine the maximum speeds and the number of horses each mod car , I'm starting to get sick of seeing fxo overtaking me with 300 km/h and I can't catch him with my Big boy Fz5 XD

I think this is a bad idea too and I'm also not sure which fxo mod you're talking about here. Is it the fxo sport awd? In that case I think it's perfectly reasonable for a believably modified version of a mildly sporty car that already had good handling and a decent amount of power to be faster than a bone stock late 90s-early 2000s mid range sports car.

But regardless of which specific mod you're talking about I don't think it's a reasonable expectation to balance mods based on the extremely tame default LFS cars.

If people want to drive around in ridiculous builds(within belief) or powerful supercars then I think they should be allowed to have their fun. I think any needed balancing should be done by tweaking the chase system itself, something like what Simox and Tommer suggested. Rather than messing with the stats of specific mods or disallowing them completely.
What a bummer to see the LX8 go, it was much fun on Blackwood.

If the suspect can use an LX8 so can the cops, and let's not forget cops can setup infinite roadblocks to stop the car.
(2022-01-13 10:16)Tommer Wrote: [ -> ]I agree that in general, most chases that I have experienced recently do not feel balanced

However I think having fast and slow cars makes driving on the server more interesting with a wide variety. I don't want cars to be removed because they are too fast (or too slow).

I do not think that this issue is the fault of mods. If you think back to the days before mods, the majority of cops generally always went for the FZ50. There was a time very long ago when FXO was a more popular choice.

My feeling is that we should not remove mods for being too fast, but rather the insim risk/rewards wants balancing, to incentivize mid-range car usage both by cops and robbers.

I know many disagree with me, but I also maintain my position that robbers should have something to gain and cops should have something to lose. Currently Cops have everything to gain and nothing to lose, whilst Robbers have everything to lose and nothing to gain.

How about a system that calculates the rewards of a chase depending of the cars?

-Same car or equal performance = cop get 100% of the initial reward calculated by InSim. Nothing changes

-Cop car is better than suspect car : Cop wins less money after a chase (can reach 0 if the difference is ridiculous, like XFG VS a 700hp car), if the robber can escape, he can win extra money for beating a faster car or the cop can lose XP, or both (maybe, take the extra gain directly from the cop?)

-Suspect car is better than cop car : Extra XP for the cop if he can bust the suspect, and also an extra gain (maybe take the extra gain from the robber? It would be a little harsh maybe, given the speeding penalties while in chase)

Sure the bikes and trucks could be a problem about balance, but for standard cars,you could be able to cop with the LX8, but you would be forced to chase equal cars as chasing an XRT would earn you almost nothing, and you could lose big if you crash and the XRT can escape.

The higher is your probability to bust the suspect, the higher is the loss if you fail.

(Of course it would need balance for several cops in different cars in a same chase, which can be pure hell, i understand it.)
Personally, to go with the theme of the server, the mods that should really only be approved for road use on the server, are ones which are more "road legal" (probably not the correct term, so hear me out).

For example, there is an FZ5 with an Inline Turbo 4 which is a dream to drive, same as the FZ30D with the Straight 6 Turbo 'Diesel'. Another example is the bimmer currently in development by Tommer. These are more "road legal" cars, more 'sensible'.

For the other mods with obscenely powerful engines etc, like the LX8, shouldn't these really by bound to the race track and require a race/track day license to drive? If I remember correctly, the GTRs can't be driven on public roads, so why should these cars, like the LX8 and Toyate Suproze or whatever it is called, be allowed to be driven on public roads?

I'm not too sure what a suitable solution that wouldn't cause too much upset would be?
GTRs can be driven with road tires and intake restriction, so the same should apply to these overpowered cars.

I hate when the solution proposed is always 'remove' or 'delete' instead of just working around the issue. Seems lazy and half assed. These simple issues can be resolved sensibly adding handicaps (which is why the handicap features are there in the first place).

When the 1st Bus came out, the administration quickly mandated a 50% res to keep it realistic and worked with it until there was a better solution.
(2022-01-15 17:49)Owl Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, to go with the theme of the server, the mods that should really only be approved for road use on the server, are ones which are more "road legal" (probably not the correct term, so hear me out).

For example, there is an FZ5 with an Inline Turbo 4 which is a dream to drive, same as the FZ30D with the Straight 6 Turbo 'Diesel'. Another example is the bimmer currently in development by Tommer. These are more "road legal" cars, more 'sensible'.

For the other mods with obscenely powerful engines etc, like the LX8, shouldn't these really by bound to the race track and require a race/track day license to drive? If I remember correctly, the GTRs can't be driven on public roads, so why should these cars, like the LX8 and Toyate Suproze or whatever it is called, be allowed to be driven on public roads?

I'm not too sure what a suitable solution that wouldn't cause too much upset would be?

I quite agree with this, also with the RX7,RX8,'94 ETK-K series mod from BeamNG (BMW Z3 basically) Supra and R33 (Stock ones) mods.

GTRs can be driven but with road tires and restrictions so they have ~330hp for 1250kg and aboutt 275hp/ton with driver and a full tank (for comparison, FZ5 is 241hp/ton, LX6 is 302hp/ton,Rossi is 323hp/ton, Toyate is 480hp/ton and LX8 is 727hp/ton)

If the limit of cars is about performance, i think 300-320hp/ton max would be a good one. (which would be a 29% restriction on the Toyate and 45% on the LX8)
(2022-01-16 23:14)Baboulinet4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-01-15 17:49)Owl Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, to go with the theme of the server, the mods that should really only be approved for road use on the server, are ones which are more "road legal" (probably not the correct term, so hear me out).

I quite agree with this, also with the RX7,RX8,'94 ETK-K series mod from BeamNG (BMW Z3 basically) Supra and R33 (Stock ones) mods.

GTRs can be driven but with road tires and restrictions so they have ~330hp for 1250kg and aboutt 275hp/ton with driver and a full tank (for comparison, FZ5 is 241hp/ton, LX6 is 302hp/ton,Rossi is 323hp/ton, Toyate is 480hp/ton and LX8 is 727hp/ton)

If the limit of cars is about performance, i think 300-320hp/ton max would be a good one. (which would be a 29% restriction on the Toyate and 45% on the LX8)

Thumbup
LX8 is now rentable race (track) car only
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's