[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Keeping trip after being sent OOB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, the tittle is self-explanatory.

Got yeeted out of map with a 530km trip (what else is new right?)
Pretty frustrating when you are compounding large bonuses over the course of 3 days only to have it go to waste because a player was "playing on a 144p screen and couldn't see me" and as a rebuttal i get "well that's just 4 hours of driving" and "i can pay you what your bonus would be"

1. Some of us don't have 4 hours of continuous game time in the day (im old)

2. the bonuses get LARGER as they go, anyone who does long trips know this. that 1 payment i was offered was just one of 9 that i was still going to get

I noticed when a player deliberately goes WW into a pit or AB they get auto spec'd yet they get to KEEP their trips even if they are outside of a safe zone.

Would it be possible to implement something similar to the WW Auto spec feature for people who get specd for "taking wrong route "? that way people who SHIFT S or DC outside a safe zone still lose their trip?

Just a thought. I was obviously pretty upset after being told to "not drive unsafe vehicles" that can cause me to get yeeted.

BTW to the player who yeeted me, if you read this, THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK on you. I just had to quote you for context and i understand accidents happen. Think of this as accident insurance LOL
No from me.

Shit happens sometimes
(2022-01-18 16:19)BP Wrote: [ -> ]No from me.

Shit happens sometimes

sometimes.....would imply low frequency.

this is an everyday occurrence.

it's just most players don't care enough simply because they don't keep long trips.
I can understand your frustration. Otherwise, this would be a protection, almost an incentive, for users to make a mess outside the stunt zone. Voted no.
(2022-01-18 16:27)Grizz Wrote: [ -> ]almost an incentive, for users to make a mess outside the stunt zone.
People who do this kind of thing don't care about their trips to begin with. Even so, aren't there already rules against this exact thing?

Honestly I find it pretty dumb that it's just accepted to be fine for people to lose trips they've spent hours, sometimes across multiple days building up just because of someone else's carelessness or even maliciousness.

If you're so worried about abuse just limit the amount of times you can have your trip saved this way. For example there could be a limit to once every 100km. This would not allow people to abuse it by going oob constantly, but it would benefit people who do genuinely try to drive carefully and just get caught up in someone else's mistake.
It makes me grumpy when someone hits me while I've taken a long trip. Yes from me.
It could be "activated" only if the trip reach a certain level, 100km for example.
(2022-01-19 01:19)Moune Wrote: [ -> ]It could be "activated" only if the trip reach a certain level, 100km for example.

Yes, or even at 200km when the bonuses start getting serious.

Quote:For example there could be a limit to once every 100km. This would not allow people to abuse it by going oob constantly, but it would benefit people who do genuinely try to drive carefully and just get caught up in someone else's mistake.

This right here. Its about benefiting the good players who enjoy the whole insim experience. The stunt guys don't care for trips, some of them don't care for the $500 fine if they SHIFT P before the 5 mins. Those guys aren't going to abuse anything because they don't care. The people who would abuse this are probably the same people who already abuse the system by logging on/off. I'm sure parameters can be implemented to monitor such things (like keeping a log similar to the !report logs) so those people can be dealt with automatically through a auto ban similar to the code 1 stuff without any admin intervention.

We already save the trips for WW drivers and major server outages, i don't see what the major issue would be if OOB trips were saved as well, like it literally would not affect game play in any negative form whatsover.

For the record, when i got yeeted today, it was largely LFS Phyzikz screwing me over. The other player would have never guessed in a million years that driving over a downed motorcycle would somehow push it under the map into the underworld of LFS.
There are definitely users who do not care about trip and will cause big accidents.

It's not necessarily malicious either, some people just like to noob around.

I think that InSim should in general reward safe driving and protect a safe drivers trip better as a reward for said safe driving.
Yes! its not really "shit happens" its bad game design happens, it would be very nice as im very unlucky to loose a high trip by going out of bounds pretty much every time i play on tc, and 99% of the times i go oob is by a crash caused by another player and it would be great to add that now, as the bus just sometimes falls under ground when u flip over or when you get hit on a motorbike, its almost certain that you are going oob.
Reference URL's