[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Players deciding about adding mod cars to TC server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. I believe that TC server players should decide which mods they want on the server and which are not. Now it is mostly only Chuck who decides, sometimes at the request of a person, he will add the car he wants. I noticed that very often new, interesting mods are being added (https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods) that could easily be even in a car dealer.
In my opinion, players should decide what mods they want to have in the list of available mods on the server and in the car dealer, not mainly a few admins who often don't know about these cars. This will definitely expand the game on the server, because we will be able to decide which cars we want, for example by polls.
At the moment, for some time on the server nothing new has been added to the list of new interesting mod cars also not to the Car Dealer. Similarly, the earnings of individual cars and motorcycles should be optimized due to the often illogical earnings of individual cars, e.g. slower cars than UF1 earn less or are not added, and for example UF1 Truck, which is faster, earns the same.
I think honestly this can be adopted but slightly tweaked verbiage on what you wish to be implemented... perhaps "Players should be able to veto or add mod choices via weekly suggestion-basis thread on the forum" (which will be vetted by TC mods and referred to Chuck)

Chuck and the TC team (besides the LFS mod mods who are already sleepless) need to go through tons of cars and make sure they aren't stupid or silly. It's still Citydriving after all, not Hamburger driving or Stone Age driving. If players had ruling over what can and cannot be added to the TC mod list, it will get far too messy.

.... Not only that but each car has to go through TC car market rate and pricing, and if cars get added constantly I think Chuck will #leaveTC one day Biggrin

(TL;dr version : Players should have a SAY in mod suggestions, but not be able to IMPLEMENT such changes)
I agree with Nova. Most new mods are either broken or too Overpowered and most people prefer the looks over the handling.

Give it some time, and if the mod is stable and good, then Chuck will add it to the dealer. They recently got rid off a lot of mods from browser, as in "filtering the trash".

If you want to test new mods that are freshly added you can always test them on that just ride server, atleast thats what i do.

For the motorbikes, we need to do a separate topic about income because yes it's shit.

In the end it doesn't make too much sense because Chuck still has to white-list the mods anyways.

Or are you people going to really die because a few days passed since X mod has been published?. And then people cries if the mod gets removed because the creator didn't check proper licenses or the car is too op or too bad to even exist.
The poll choices are a little extreme. As a side note, there's no point having multiple choice enabled when there are two options.

Back to the poll choices:

It should not be solely Chuck whitelisting vehicles (and it is not - I think it is any level 1 admin). Unfortunately it is only Chuck who adds them to the dealer.

I also think it should not be up to the community to decide which mods are allowed and which aren't. I think the decision should rest with the [TC] team, with members of the public certainly being allowed to share their opinions in the Suggestions forum.

I am not able to vote either way.
The fact that it is just me deciding is actually wrong. Every admin can add mods to the list, at least rentable ones. We have an internal discussion forum about cars that we find worthy being added as permanent and ownable additions. We then decide about price and such things.
After that, I will add the parameters to the database. That's the task that only I can carry out physically.

But we're heading towards a technical dilemma.
Some background info:
LFS can either allow ALL mods to be available or a whitelist. The whitelist can only take 120 entries. Blame Scawen for that, as it could technically support 253, but he chose to set the limit at 120. (no comment) So, we can choose between allowing 120 mods or ALL of them. ALL would mean that also totally inappropriate things would appear in the mod list. Like that idiotic hydraulic lift, the puck or the dragster. Things that we'd never want to have on TC.

If we exceed the 120 limit, then Insim will switch automatically to allow ALL. Which means, it would allow all mods to be seen in the list in LFS, but it still would only allow known and configured cars to be used. Which would result in people getting spec'ed if they try to enter the track with one of those. It's like playing lottery. You see a car in the list and chances are that you get spec'ed if you actually try to use it. Not a nice situation either.
^Thats a good technical explanation.

The "lottery" of cars would obviously cause some confusion, but getting autospec'd in the spawn zone isn't the end of the world and no loss of anything except some seconds of personal time would result from it.

I don't like the idea of allowing everything on the servers, however a great deal of mods look decent enough to be used in TC servers.

Couple suggestions from me:

Maybe an individual submission system similar to the Police/med/res/tow skin approval system where a person could ask to include a car with a good reason as to why TC should allow the car, in which the administration could either say yes or no (also providing a good reason in case the mod is denied and not some useless response that indicates they don't want a car because of an arbitrary reason)

Another suggestion that i would do myself if it was my server/insim. That would be to allow the player to purchase the mod outright as long as it fits city driving criteria. The player would present the mod they want to add/purchase then the administration would come up with a fair price and earning rate for that vehicle. Add a small limited number of that same vehicle added to the dealer inventory (fewer than 10) and if it proves to be super popular, the inventory would be increased to the normal 1000.

We (or at least myself) have been driving the same handful of cars here on TC for 14 years now. We got a taste of new content, and we want more within reason obviously.

Chuck, once again thanks for your hard work these past few months. Not easy to juggle around life IRL while keeping up with our impatient asses. Hats off to you sir.
Reference URL's