[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: More incentives for MED/RES/TOW?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed that now, with the new mods and roles such as TAXI and Truck, there are barely any people left who fill in the role as MED/RES/TOW. ATM, 42 people are connected of which there is 1 RES. Now, TOWs can negotiate a fee before they help a person, but that rarely happens on the server afaik. MED/RES is dependent on donations of other users. Of course I am not certain whether the decline of "helping" roles is due to the new roles or it all being new and therefore more exciting to play in the new roles.

But I was thinking, would it be an idea to hand responding vehicles a payment of approx 20-30€ per call they arrive on. I know there are already RP points, but those don't do a lot apart from bragging rights. Maybe to avoid inflation, you could charge connecting users an "insurance fee" of 20-30€ per time they connect or per 100km.

If you look at how much money you can earn as a taxi driver (approx 15-20€ per ride at least, which is 1-2kms), this doesn't seem too unfair to me. But I'm happy to hear your opinions.
yes sound good to me ive been needing help loads and no tows/res/med on and i think there the only rolls that dont pay money its donated so a +1 from me there mate pretty good idea might bring people back to the role
yes / no
(2022-02-06 12:55)Fwanky Wrote: [ -> ]yes / no

Best input yet, thx Heart
https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthr...?tid=29371

Made a thread about an auto compensation for tows/res a few years back after witnessing a long tow procedure where the person rescued just said "thanks" then disconnected shortly after.

See how far that went?
An automatic "respond bonus" would be fine by me. I wouldn't have supported it a while ago, but now I think it's needed to address the situation you've described in your post.

Also, maybe the winch command could be updated: !winch [money] - the crashed player accepts the offer, and the money is automatically sent from the crashed user to the responder upon completion of the winching.

I'd also consider making the winch a little bit cheaper and slightly quicker to use.
(2022-02-06 16:44)Felipe Jardim Wrote: [ -> ]https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthr...?tid=29371

Made a thread about an auto compensation for tows/res a few years back after witnessing a long tow procedure where the person rescued just said "thanks" then disconnected shortly after.

See how far that went?

Back then there were no other roles apart from COP, which also has it's drawbacks. Now, it's way easier to earn money by driving around and stopping for a few moments, and earn way more than actually contributing in a positive way on the server and helping others.
That's a bit different for me than it was before the new roles were implemented.

@BP: Those additions sound good to me, I wouldn't have brought it up either if the new roles weren't added. Donations were fine pre-jobs/taxi era. This idea is more to ensure playability in the long term, also for other users. No need to dare to go for long rides if there is no one available to help because there is no benefit compared to other types of roles. I don't mind the winch time in all honesty, some good old "hit it until the wheels are right up" works fine to this day, I can say from experience. Wink
+1, i used to put in tow alot, now i bearly do although there's more calls due to more vehicles and their variations but mainly because they don't help it financially with covering costs, u get a donation u can spend it within 2 mins of a rental mod. So no income that counts.
I'm so with this idea.
Your newly arrived missions have finished Med-res-tow. It is very normal for this to happen. I'd rather make money from other jobs and get something new than waiting for a call and earning nothing.

It should definitely have more payoffs, not a lump sum.

For med and res, we should definitely not waste money on the way to the scene at high speeds.

Med-Res-Tow should definitely earn as much as the police. I only earned 175,000 in 1210 hours. really very little.

(Extra) Most of the people in the game pass the ambulance, the rescuer or do not give way. If they won't give me way on the road, there's no point in using a siren or a light. As with the police, the phrases that will encourage the ambulance and rescuers to give way should appear on the screen.
+1.

Had to ask several times yesterday for help. 1 towie on and was already on a shout. So ended up getting help from a civilian. An incentive of some sort would encourage more to be Med/Res/Tow, especially now with all the new implementations on the server and everyone trying them out or using those missions.
Reference URL's