[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Current mod status on [TC]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.

We are well beyond the "trials and errors" regarding mods in LFS and many hours went into building a system that is in place today for you all to enjoy.

However, we can't help but wonder what you guys think how we are handling the whole modded situation.
  • How do you like the recently added jobs, what would you like to see added, how you would modify jobs or improve them?
  • How do you like the buses? Are they adding to the atmosphere of the server, to the identity? Are they a nuisance and break the flow of the tracks (goes for Sydney as it is a small track)?
  • How are you satisfied with the quality of mods currently offered? What would you like to see changed? How can we improve?
  • How do you feel the current situation is with rent fees for non-purchasable mods?
  • Do you feel losing money is now easier with many mods currently available? Are the penalties for speeding too high?
  • As a COP, what is your biggest pet peeve/annoyance? Are the modded cars too fast? Are you annoyed the COP cars "have" to be rented in order to chase faster mods?

Those are just some of the questions that offered themselves up. I am sure there are many more questions that need to be answered, therefore we are inviting you to elaborate in detail what can be improved and/or changed.

Looking forward to reading your responses,

Ice on behalf of [TC] CityDriving Management
wouldnt it be easier for chuck and member 1s to go through the mod list and block the shit useless mods with insim? that way there would be over 200+ mods for us rather than the whitelisted mods that everyone is bored of already.i feel the current system is much slower and in the long run and more work.

(2022-02-09 17:07)Fwanky Wrote: [ -> ]wouldnt it be easier for chuck and member 1s to go through the mod list and block the shit useless mods with insim? that way there would be over 200+ mods for us rather than the whitelisted mods that everyone is bored of already.i feel the current system is much slower and in the long run and more work.

i agree
Can you imagine the frustration of constantly choosing mods followed by a failed attempt to join the track because the mod has been restricted via the insim rather than through the LFS Host settings?

Ideally Scawen and Co should provide a better solution.
Does anyone know if there is also a pathetic limit to the cars you can Favourite?
(2022-02-09 16:42)Ice Wrote: [ -> ][*] How do you like the recently added jobs, what would you like to see added, how you would modify jobs or improve them?

Personally I quite enjoy them, they add some variety and something to do if you are bored and don't necessarily want to wait around for calls or actively chase people.

I do think that the freight jobs seem to have lower rewards than the bus jobs, especially considering the amount of time you spend waiting (loading/unloading) when doing the freight jobs, but I have no real evidence of that.

Haven't really done many taxi jobs but the only complaints I had about that are that some people seem to park in the middle of the road or in some dangerous places and use their taxi job as an excuse and sometimes where exactly you should drop off the passengers is a bit unclear, perhaps a small chalk marking or something similar would help a little bit since sometimes I struggled to determine the exact point I was supposed to stop at.

(2022-02-09 16:42)Ice Wrote: [ -> ][*] How do you like the buses? Are they adding to the atmosphere of the server, to the identity? Are they a nuisance and break the flow of the tracks (goes for Sydney as it is a small track)?

As with the previous answer, the bus jobs are nice and add a bit of variety to the gameplay and also to the traffic. Many people complain there are too many at certain times / on certain maps but I think after it isn't so "new" anymore then there will be a good balance. A license for buses would be nice imo though.

(2022-02-09 16:42)Ice Wrote: [ -> ][*] How are you satisfied with the quality of mods currently offered? What would you like to see changed? How can we improve?

I don't really understand the system that you are using to decide which mods are allowed on the server or not. I appreciate that it's early days but recently I saw some D1GP-spec drift car there and some other ridiculously high-powered cars which I feel don't really fit in with the cruise nor cops and robbers aspects of the server.. I'm sure over time it will improve, but it would be nice if the cars available were balanced in some way, and fit into the "theme" of the server, although I can't really think of a solution to that atm.

(2022-02-09 16:42)Ice Wrote: [ -> ][*] How do you feel the current situation is with rent fees for non-purchasable mods?

I think it is a decent way to approach it, it's a good way for players to test mods and give feedback on how they fit in to the server. Although, it does confuse me why GTRs cost like €14/km but a modded car which is just as fast (if not faster) is €3/km, but it's understandable since going through every car and changing their rent costs would be a decent amount of work especially since some of them seem to get deleted a few days later.

(2022-02-09 16:42)Ice Wrote: [ -> ][*] Do you feel losing money is now easier with many mods currently available? Are the penalties for speeding too high?

Doesn't bother me much but tbh most of us guys have way too much money anyways. Tongue
-New jobs are fine, I guess. I mainly made deliveries with xfg. Maybe add a buyable property item to install on a vehicule, which reduce un/loading times for deliveries (Hand truck, Pallet jack, Forklift).
Could be nice to have a bonus system, like we have for driving km. 10/20/... successfull deliveries grant you a bonus, reduced by the amount of damages from previous missions (similar to driving, if you drives to fast, the bonus do not increase).

-Buses are ok if drivers are ok (not blocking the entire road, using turn signals). It add rugosity to the driving experience, which is good for a cruise oriented server.
Server need maybe a low capacity bus for 20/25k for begginers.

- That depend if we are talking about rentable or buyable mods.
A lot of mods are compatible with the server spirit at a point they could be buyable, a lot of real life random 100/200bhp cars. Peoples often complains about lack of mods but it also take time for a mod to reach maturity (many revisions).
There is now 20 buyable mods which is not a lot, but for a total of 594k€. I honestly dunno if a rossi worse 100k. No opinion.
suggestion: add the precise mod name in the car dealer description list to prevent confusion and hard-to-find mods (uftruck is actualy uf diesel, easyly confused with UF Pickup. RB5 is actually RB4 GT T5, etc.)

For rented mods, its a good way to see if a mod fits the tc environnement before making it buyable, if peoples enjoy it. TC allowed rental before mods. Maybe rental cost could be proportionnal to W/power ratio for mods.
Most problematic mods are overpowered ones I suppose.

-About quality of mods, it vary wildely. Mods without working lights and readable dashboard speedometer shouldnt be allowed.

Also some already buyable mods are undrivable, unfinished or simply pointless (golfcart, scooter, tesla truck for example).
Make slowest but well made mods more profitable than +2? (uftruck, snail, bclhau)

-penalties are a bit too high especialy on low speed roads(70/80/100). Speeding already put a driver into a risk of chase.

-Fairness of chases always been a subject. Complex topic, dunno.
-I can't talk for new jobs as I didn't do these, but it adds some variety of gameplay.

-Buses looks good, they add more life and variety to the server, they're not a nuisance as long as they're driven by people who don't crash into everything.

-Mods currently buyable are good overall, the only concern I have is about the Cammera maybe being a little bit overpriced, and outside mods, the XFR and UFR maybe in need of a price change due to the loss of performance with the switch to road tires. (Or maybe do a road only version that can't be used in RACE mode for a lower price?)

It would be good to see these two cars be used again.

(Didn't test the Goliath and the GG55)

-Rent-fees for mods are great IMO, it's cheap so you can test the mods and earn money while cruising in your favorite mods while waiting for them to (maybe) be for sale.

It may be a little bit cheaper for fastest mods, given the fee of the current GTRs

-About the speeding penalties, it is easier to lose money, as the cars are much faster. Modify the speeding penalties while keeping current speed limits may be a good thing, in a reasonable way so the server doesn't transform into a racing server.
My suggestions:
1. Losing money in chases by suspects:
- for example 25% less money loss when escaping the police, suspects after potential catch not only will get a min. 300$ fine, for example, after about 30 minutes of chase, even a few thousands (most on westhill full), which for many people refuse to run away from the police.

2. Losing money by exceeding the speed limit:
- Lowering the losing money while accelerating (or at least on Westhill Full, where there are a lot of long sections with relatively low max speed restrictions) (especially when we deal with a lot of new, faster cars, for which we only pay rent for driving them);
- or reduce losing money for selected faster cars.

3. If there is no (so far) logical way to solve the 120 slots whitelist limit, then remove existing cars that are a copy of the slower basic ones and no one drives them, for example the XRV8 (https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/59A792 ) for a trusted, well-made, e.g. new Simox's motobike (https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/CB3723) and should after some time add them to the Car Dealer.

4. Change in earnings of individual modded cars that are available in the Car Dealer:
- slower or simillar cars, motorbikes etc. from UF1 earn at least as much as UF1 or more.

5. If there is very little interest in a current map, there is a small number of people on the server, for example 2 days before changing the map (which is by default in Friday/Saturday), change it faster to the next by an example more votes on YES in the poll.
Would be nice if there was a separate tab for "whitelisted mods" instead of the usual favorites, all mods, staff picked whatever. The mod update itself did revive the game somewhat in my eyes, but it doesn't help that there aren't many great mods at the moment. Most of them are just taken from somewhere like Sketchfab and converted, but that's not a problem with the server itself.

I would like some of the better mods to be made available for purchase just so I don't have to rent them and just loose money for driving something different than a XRT for once. When the update initially came I did really enjoy driving the FZ5 with the lightbar since it made for quite a more immersive experience, i'd love to see more "official TC" job vehicles, even if they are just the normal cars with lightbars and bullbars.

The addition of jobs is something I haven't paid much attention to since they don't have a high enough incentive to do imo. Would like to see more buses on the road since I don't see those that often and that'd make for a more interesting environment for chases and normal driving.

Overall though I think the server itself is doing fine and the real changes just need to be made to the game itself with options that allow for more freedom.
(2022-02-09 17:21)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Can you imagine the frustration of constantly choosing mods followed by a failed attempt to join the track because the mod has been restricted via the insim rather than through the LFS Host settings?

Ideally Scawen and Co should provide a better solution.

litterally took me under an hour to make the list of cars that arnt right for tc, its more of a case of whos more lazy, tc or scawen.. and thats the way it is atm with the insim blocking cars.
How do you like the recently added jobs, what would you like to see added, how you would modify jobs or improve them?

Jobs are remiding me of wkd a little , they're okay but should pay a little more so its a compentece against regular crusing

How do you like the buses? Are they adding to the atmosphere of the server, to the identity? Are they a nuisance and break the flow of the tracks (goes for Sydney as it is a small track)?

Buses are okay , but could get rid of air restrictions , more fun

How are you satisfied with the quality of mods currently offered? What would you like to see changed? How can we improve?

Main thing more mods , second thing , add them to the dealer

How do you feel the current situation is with rent fees for non-purchasable mods?

should be Purchasable

Do you feel losing money is now easier with many mods currently available? Are the penalties for speeding too high?

Definitely losing too much money , i remeber them days where cop and suspect use to earn from a good long chase
At least get rid of losing money druring a chase , because thats why there are chases , to save money

As a COP, what is your biggest pet peeve/annoyance? Are the modded cars too fast?

im annoyed because you get rid of sick cars e.g. LX8 , fantastic car that required a little skill to actually drive fast , but it was overvoted by the FZ5 forever Crew

Are you annoyed the COP cars "have" to be rented in order to chase faster mods?

As mentioned above , should be purchasable , or rent should be 0 as a cop , civil repossesion or something Biggrin
-PICK PRO MODS!
-NO PICK NOOB MODS!

Quick solved.
I have a couple of ideas for the next update for mod cars mainly, but for now, the questions: (I hope you like reading lol)

Jobs: The deliveries are good, but maybe the rewards for it should be a lil bit higher, since if with a car u have to make many travels to complete it and you get a low reward, it doesn't feel satisfying. Taxis are great actually, but there's a little thing you can add to be a bit more realistic, a limited drift angle insim; I know it sounds hard, but you could try use the system that some drift servers have to add it and prevent people to arab drifting or drifting at low speeds and the passenger who's with us panics, but what if someone crash us, we start spinning and the angle limit detects it? Well, TC has the crash detect system who tracks the player who crashed us, so you can use that to avoid the angle limit system detect we are drifting or spinning and avoid any issues. (Maybe a lil text about the crash from the passenger would be a bit funny)

Buses: Pretty cool, don't think there's anything to add, and for me, there's not problem.

Mods Quality: Very decent at the moment, but there are some cars that are just ridiculous like some awful versions of the XRT or the FZ5, practically slow or super fast like one LX that was removed for being too aerodynamically no drag damn fast with super wide tires (KY days). Maybe you can remove some of the cars that you feel unfair not in general from others but for chases too. Actually, you could try to add only mods that are approved purchasable because those are actually the ones which won't be removed like it happened with the 650TT bike (My fav bike gone :c), that is purchasable but non existent now.

Mods Rent: Not pretty good I would say. LFS has become more diverse with more cars to express and experiment, but the rent fee is a problem we are facing rn, because in order to make money using them is to always obey speed limit to gain trip bonus and even being a taxi driver at the same time. We are forced to use purchasable cars to get money normally quick for new players or those who doesn't have a lot (like me), and the fact that if we speed up more than 33% of the speed limit, we lose money stupidly fast, and all the money we hardly collected with a rented mod car it feels painful. Actually you can add some non-approved high rating mods which you can predict those will be the chosen one to be approved and be the purchasable ones.

Speed penalty: Speaking of losing money damn fast cuz high speeding... LFS practically is a real simulator to me in terms of physics, but we only had cars that doesn't go beyond than 240km/h on street cars, except the FZ5. But now with the modding system, now this goes more than just 280km/h and many players have been using them to have fun, but the penalty for speeding a lot is just terrible because you just overtake the 33% of speed limit and you lose like 1000$ in just 20 secs (Don't wanna imagine on slow maps like SO or FE). So my solution to that is reducing at least 50% of the penalty speed in general because with mod cars that are easy to overpass the limit even on KY or Aston this feels very restrictive, specially right now being rent cars now, but overall, in chases. Since we have faster cars, many people now refuses to being chased by the cop because of the speed penalty, you know, you choose to pay just 80 fine instead of losing literally 10,000$ to get a 300$ fine bust. What I recommend is that you can adjust the speed penalty of 50% to 75% only on chases so people would want to chase and run away of the cops without worrying about losing money super quick and pretty much have fun.

Cops situation: Well, I haven't been a cop yet since the modding release, but what I would want to see is the Cops version of some cars, don't know if I want it to have the NFS Hot Pursuit vibes but I think you get it.

I think that's all I have to say, I hope this improves a lot the TC experience with the modding system now. Smile
Q -"How are you satisfied with the quality of mods currently offered? What would you like to see changed? How can we improve?"
A -Add more cars that have already been available to drive for months to the dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Q- "How do you feel the current situation is with rent fees for non-purchasable mods?"
A - If you're allowed to drive it, should be on the dealer.
Lots of people been requesting it even made a poll yet no admin interaction with it. Come on guys some mods (even pointless ones) get added in minutes (Cybertruck, bikes, golf cart etc) but then good ones neglected since mod launch
https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthr...?tid=34403
All good afaik, but the payment system might need a bit improvement, someone mentioned smt wich is really annoying from even before mods is that res/tow gets charged for speeding when they responding, i think that should be changed..
Yeh frieght and buses payments actually don't cover the loading/unloading time along with an automatic payment for tow/res to help them as with more varieties of mods there's always new ways of death lol
Otherwise i like everything else.
(2022-02-09 19:28)Fwanky Wrote: [ -> ]litterally took me under an hour to make the list of cars that arnt right for tc, its more of a case of whos more lazy, tc or scawen.. and thats the way it is atm with the insim blocking cars.

I appreciate your input but implementing and testing isn't as simple as you think it is. Making a list on notepad is the toddler stage of making decisions on mods.
I can't believe what I'm reading. One side is screaming for more mods, 120 isn't enough, and then others are screaming to remove more mods.

What do we take from this?
1- I played for a long time in the new jobs that were brought in and I enjoyed it. For both jobs, I should be able to add alternative vehicles to the server and buy them now. For example, if the LCT3000 and Yukine output the mod, Transit. LCT where needed, Transit where not needed.
Other buses must be purchased within the bus. (I'm not saying add and buy every bus. 1-2 more vehicles can be sold. I don't want to be tied to just one vehicle.)

Taxi duty is fine. Things don't have to change. Let's not just pick up passengers in the middle of the road and from the highway.

+ + (These things have finished their Med-Res-Tow tasks. Please take a look at SO•Marty's latest post, and take action. This is the most important issue to take action right now.)

2- Buses added color to the game. There should definitely be no restrictions in some places, but something can be done to use the bus more correctly. License etc. things.

3- Added mods are not bad, but quality mods are not added. No Lamborghini, no Porsche 911. (I think the vehicle with the most beautiful roof lights I have ever seen. It should be added and sold.)

4- Although 3-5 Euros seems very innocent, it hurts a little when it lasts a little. We should be able to get + money from the rental car within the speed limits.
1. Lower speed fines
2. Add mods to the shop
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's