[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Different Speed Limit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Explaining the main idea

As we see in the last few months we have LFS mods and it became a main part of TC servers which have a lot of cars and some of these are trucks and buses. Mostly we can't reach the speed limit in these trucks and buses on some maps such as Kyoto and Aston etc... What I was trying to say is what if there are different speed limits for those trucks and buses such as in some countries.

Example

[Image: Default-Speed-Limits-For-Vehicle-Classes.png]

Certainly an excellent idea, but these things usually take a lot of time to make.

and it might impossible to do it, it's a complicated process in the end
Thank you. To be honest, I didn't think it's impossible to do that since we have a different speed limit in each route in the game, maybe the speed limit is sort when you choose your car?
I can just see this being unnecessary and needlessly complicated for all. -1 for me
(2022-03-11 15:38)Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]I can just see this being unnecessary and needlessly complicated for all. -1 for me

In my opinion, it's useful because buses and trucks are slow in acceleration and slower in corners also can't reach speed limits in some routes all of that makes a big difference in an earn money system.
(2022-03-11 18:42)January Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-03-11 15:38)Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]I can just see this being unnecessary and needlessly complicated for all. -1 for me

In my opinion, it's useful because buses and trucks are slow in acceleration and slower in corners also can't reach speed limits in some routes all of that makes a big difference in an earn money system.

This could be solved quite simply actually. Current system affects the slow cars like gorb 65 or invalidka not being able to reach the required speeds comfortably for max income. So instead just make cars have max income as long as you are driving on or below the speed limit. Have something like 50km/h as minimum speed required so noone is glitching the system by slowly rolling, etc.
as Kyle said, unnecessary and needlessly, -1 for me also.
(2022-03-11 22:07)SIMOX Wrote: [ -> ]This could be solved quite simply actually. Current system affects the slow cars like gorb 65 or invalidka not being able to reach the required speeds comfortably for max income. So instead just make cars have max income as long as you are driving on or below the speed limit. Have something like 50km/h as minimum speed required so noone is glitching the system by slowly rolling, etc.

Yeah this would be a more practical solution. Max out the income leading up to the speed limit for these slower vehicles. I run the metrobus at 25% most of the times just to get a solid +3 constantly.
Reference URL's