[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: FernBeach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FernBeach Mod.

overhauls all of Fernbay to be more colorful .

"do Remember Fernbay is the oldest track or one of them in LFS. and it has not yet been updated, so mapping of files is crazy insane to even work with. however i feel i pulled this one off quite okay though considering bad mapping, old files, and weird coloring this track has to mention a few obstacles i went through with this mod".
so i hope it will bring some joy to someone while we all wait for updated graphics of same track.

Readme inside.

remember to always set mip map sliders to all right side in (options/graphics).
this smoothens the overall image out.

ReadMe:
Made this little mod thing which is an unofficial track overhaul mod for Fernbay.

its a bit darker than you are used too. and it does change all you see on track.

it gives myself a sense of GTA Vice city(ish) with the skies(sti228) and darker tarmac/gravel.

i really took time on this so i hope it can make a smile to someone.

i would say it works best with weather set to sunset.
all 3 weathers have some sunny skies on them.

it works for all combos of FE. i added my own made smoke file which gives you dirt for the dirt track and smoke for the race track.

i added some screens.

it changes sound, overhauls the entire track.

some files are used for other tracks which is why you get a little extra files in this mod.

some files are made from lynche´s files like the bridges and pavillion on the hill.

this mod is NOT made to look good. but to give you a more vibrant feel while driving.

if you cruise ,you also get centerlines with this.

if you race. then you got some more racelines to aim for.

tarmac should be moving under cars and therefore wont be seen as perfectly sharp. this is the agenda with the tarmac.

some last minute things were made like the marshall helmet really fast. but those can be updated over time. so far i just changed to poor quality looking LFS logo to the one you find in png folder with color.

changed all trees almost to palm trees. updated trunks. made distance markers with growth and other things you may discover if you try this mod.

INSTALL:

1. download or copy a new lfs install. (use this for the mod).
2. goto mod folder named data.
3. copy the data folder to LFS directory.
4. overwrite all files.
5. open lfs and play.

6: Note if you are using mods, you will need to copy your entire mod folder too the new install to be able to use mod cars you are able to drive.

i added a small replay so you quickly can see how the track looks. it does have a lyt on it. to show how objects/markers appear.its just a AI driving in case you wonder.

[attachment=1708]
[Image: Fernbay-Hotel.jpg]

[Image: fernbeach.jpg]

[Image: fernbeach2.jpg]

[Image: fernbeach3.jpg]

[Image: fernbeach4.jpg]

[Image: fernbeach5.jpg]

DOWNLOAD Link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/msvwekejoj3v5i...K.rar?dl=0

yer i stuffed a freaking helicopter in there Smile

EDIT 25/12-23:
Fernbeach will be part of my Rally edition which now also contains amazing aston and wonderful westhill.
(they might be released in smaller packs over time to check if something should be made different for people to test).
Reference URL's