[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Smooth DS4 Joystick Axis?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm using a Dual Shock 4 controller to play LFS since I don't have a wheel any more, and I assigned the right analog stick to Look heading so I can look around from side to side whilst I'm driving

Trouble is that, the analog stick as I move it, the input numbers jump around a bit and LFS does no smoothing.. so the camera flickers.. it's not always bad, but sometimes it can be pretty distracting..

Here's a video so you can see how it behaves, jerking around

Wonder if anyone has this issue or an idea how to solve it?
(2022-06-02 18:08)Tommer Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm using a Dual Shock 4 controller to play LFS since I don't have a wheel any more, and I assigned the right analog stick to Look heading so I can look around from side to side whilst I'm driving

Trouble is that, the analog stick as I move it, the input numbers jump around a bit and LFS does no smoothing.. so the camera flickers.. it's not always bad, but sometimes it can be pretty distracting..

Here's a video so you can see how it behaves, jerking around

Wonder if anyone has this issue or an idea how to solve it?

I also use controller, but as far as I know, I do not know of any fix to solve the issue. I just said "screw it" and kept it like that. To be honest I use hood/roof/chase camera 98% more than I do cockpit so I am not THAT bothered :shrug:

Welcome to LFS I guess...
Managed to fix the issue

Incase anyone else interested, I downloaded and ran ds4windows

It registered a new controller which I selected.. I edited the controller in ds4, set it to Emulate DS4 in 'Other' (for some reason it defaults to making DS4 behave like xbox controller...)

Finally by increasing 'fuzz' setting in DS4, the input has to change a certain amount before the new value is sent as input, which in effect stabilizes the output at the cost of a tiny amount of accuracy, perfect for fixing this problem.
Reference URL's