[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Additional information/rules for Safetycar/Marshall (TOW/RES/MED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since we had some nice races lately, I noticed a handful people being a safety/rescue car at the track, which is nice. However, I think there should be some rules/suggestions for safetycars during and around races. This could be written in Manual or in Rules, whatever the admen/Chuck like.

Feel free to copy anything you like. My English is pretty poor, so consider rewriting it in correct English.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: r34safetycar.png]

SAFETY CAR instructions

You can assist in races as a safety/rescue car, but you need to have a valid RACE license, as well as a valid TOW or MED/RES license.
The main goal as a safety/rescue car during races is that the race needs to go as smoothly as possible, in a way that participants should not find any hinder by your presence.
Consider using a faster car, so keep up with the speed of the participants (Like a FZ5 safetycar or the R34 lightbar). In some races, the participants use lightwight vehicles with slicks. If you use a road car (which you do) with road/super tyres, you can still find it hard to keep up, especially in corners. Please take note of this.

It can be smart to position yourself at a tactical location around the track, for instance near a sandpit. But please park as much to the side as possible. Please find your spot BEFORE the race starts. Do not cause any hinder for the participants!

[Image: sc1.png]

If a participant crashes, or get stuck in a sand pit, you should be VERY careful when driving towards this person. Check you map, check your surroundings. You cannot cause any more hinder to other participants. Turn on your strobe/hazardlights, and when you're near the crashed car, and the situation is dangerous (E.g., the crashed car is on or near the track) you can turn on !caution, as a way of waving a yellow flag in a real race. If the crashed vehicle is far from the track, you can still keep your strobe/hazardlights on, but keep !caution off. Otherwise participants might get distracted by it.

[Image: sc2.png]

At the start of the race, you can decide to follow the pack for 1 or 2 laps. This way you can be the first to appear at a crash scene, if that happens. Two things to note tho:
- Be the last vehicle. Even when the light is green, some latecomers may still exit the pit and drive behind you. Be aware of this, and make room for them to overtake you. Get out of the racing line, let them pass.
- Do not tailgate. There is really no advantage to tailgating vehicles at the back. They do not need a flashy car driving up their rears. This can be distracting for them, and hinder them. Just keep a nice big gap between you and the pack.

After a few laps, usually the pack has more or less fallen apart, and it's not of any big use to keep following it. On the contrary: The participants at the front might be coming up behind you sooner or later.

So when it's safe, enter the pit, or park at a tactical location like a sandpit.

[Image: sc3.png]
@chuck, or any other admin that makes skins, could you consider making an official TC Safety car skin for the RB4 lightbar or RB4 T5 rescue? I noticed that the R34 mod has been removed...

I think the RB5 can be a good replacement, because power+awd+lightbar.

Would be nice to have a standard safety car skin on tc.
yes!! good idea 7marty
Reference URL's