[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Event: "Tour de TC"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not too long ago the TC crew hosted an event: The 24 minutes of Weston. It was a great success. People who were interested were able to join the race, while others could continue cruising.

I think it would be nice to see more of these events. For this instance, I suggest a Tour De France kind of event. So when the map changes to Blackwood Trackday or Weston Trackday, there will be an official Beecycle race held on the racetrack. Yes, those bikes can be messy, but when people take it more serious, it could be a very interesting race.

[Image: AVFHB1656969305.jpg]

And it doesn't even have to be on a trackday. You could even close off a section of the map, and let it be a race on public road, but closed off. Just like real life. Though this might be more work and it might have a bigger impact on people that don't join the race. If it's held on a track like Blackwood, they (Chuck or an admin) could add some objects on the track to make it just a bit more challenging. I don't mean like an obstacle course, maybe just one or two chicanes on the long straight part.

Cyclists could tune their setups to have a higher top speed but slower acceleration, or vise versa.
This is the best terrible suggestion I've ever seen and I'm absolutely here for it.
Tour de bikes flying oob
Yes, I like this very much
I'll be the advertisement car in front.
can we get a update on this?
The event was great! Let's hope they organize these kind of events more often.

[Image: tourdetc2.png]

[Image: tourdetc3.png]

[Image: tourdetc4.png]
(2022-08-05 16:14)Marty_Deslions Wrote: [ -> ]The event was great! Let's hope they organize these kind of events more often.
This one was quite rushed and quickly set up, but any ideas for the next one to make it better?
(2022-08-05 17:01)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-08-05 16:14)Marty_Deslions Wrote: [ -> ]The event was great! Let's hope they organize these kind of events more often.
This one was quite rushed and quickly set up, but any ideas for the next one to make it better?

hmm, I think this works quite well for now.

But not too long ago, Chuck did the "24 minutes of Weston", which was like a bigger event. It was multiple days, and participants had to register and stuff.
If you or Chuck or any other admin feels like it, they can organize something like this. But I'm not sure if there would be enough dedicated players that wanna take the cycling that seriously, but who knows.
Maybe in terms of the course, it's nice to have some variety. So not just the player with the longest gear wins, but also like some chicanes or something in the course, so it also comes down to handling and acceleration, and not just top speed. This way people/teams can really fine tune their bike setups and cycle skills.

But I think its also fine as it was today Smile
nice, i love impromptu where i missed this......
Reference URL's