[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Suggestions for MOT system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently a MOT system has been introduced. You can read more about it here:
https://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthr...#pid296134

Currently a new MOT will be valid for 1000 kms on a car. Personally I think this is not a good idea. Some cars are driven much, and may need a new MOT every new week or so. Let's compare this MOT system to real life, I don't know any country where the MOT/TUV/APK is valid for a certain amount of mileage on a car, it's rather related to time, like every year or so. I think this could also be the case with the MOT in TC. It needs to be related to TIME, not DISTANCE. For instance maybe like 3 months or half a year or so. And if it really has to be related to distance, I think 1000 km is too little.

Another idea is to include some repaircosts when getting a new MOT, when the car has been crashing alot lately.

Also, maybe remove the whole MOT system for vehicles that don't require MOT in real life, like bicycles and scooters.

But what do you guys think? Leave you thoughts below.
I agree regarding MOT exempt vehicles.

I think 1000km is reasonable though, and its not as if an MOT costs a lot... its €100.I don't think its too much hardship to get an MOT when you are likely to be at a pitstop much more frequently anyway.

It adds a lot of gameplay elements for cops, which is good.

Your poll option of "Getting MOT may also include some repair costs if a car has been crashing alot" is interesting though. I wonder if this could interlink with the SR system... If you have a really poor SR relating, then perhaps you need to get some "repairs" done with your MOT.

Again, nothing too expensive - but still enough that it adds to the gameplay.
I voted to increase the distance on the MOT and maybe link the crashes related to the car for a variable price, I think it could add some realism to the system.

I'm also favorable to an exemption for some vehicles, paying for a MOT on a bike is kinda weird.

Good system so far, though.
In essence, it's very similar to the vehicle servicing we had a couple of years ago. I like the idea of additional costs for "repairs" if the vehicle has been crashed a lot. Possibly something SR could play a role in if it ever returns with a favorable algorithm.
I had the same votes as Seabass here, pretty good suggestion, I would love to see it being related to time, and not distance, maybe if it could be similar to the times that the MOTs are done here in Portugal* it would also be nice.

For light passenger vehicles (9 seats or lower and <3500kg dry weight), the first MOT needs to be done within 3 months before the car turns 4 years old, then another MOT needs to be done 3 months before it turns 6 years old, then 8 years old and every year after that.
My Corolla is almost 32 years old, so it had its fair share of MOTs IRL (side note: it failed the most recent one hh)

Also, maybe ingame you couldn't sell cars to the dealer without a MOT? Or maybe you could? Same to sending/selling cars to other players?
They could also add a popup message when your MOT goes red, and maybe even at going yellow.

"The MOT of this vehicle has expired. Please have it checked at an MOT location."

"OK"
I love that kind of features, it adds interaction with your cars/garage.
My suggestions would be price ranges. E.g:
-Removal of MOT for bicycles/non MOT vehicles
-100€ for cars/bikes
-250€ for vans
-500€ for buses & trucks.
Reference URL's