[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Trackday layout suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi guys,i have an idea about trackdays rotations.

we should have trackday on server 1 and if its blackwood then normal blackwood layout on server 2., and if its westhill trackday then westhill retro on server 2.

This idea will appeal to the trackday hotlappers aswell as normal drivers because we know how boring it is just driving on the trackday city parts is. so give us the option as a community to pick what they want to drive on.

vote yes or no on the poll
+1, im sure i suggested this myself in the past.

Not everyone hotlaps for hours, and it would lighten up the rotation cycle a bit
I'd like to vote Rockingham, but the option wasn't avaliable.
This has to have been formally suggested at least 4 times already, including by myself. It's insane to me people are somehow happy to drive around in an industrial area not even 1km wide surrounded by empty carparks for an entire week. It's even more funny to think that old BL had it's rotation slots reduced because it was too boring. It becomes hysterical when you realize a perfectly fine track in Rockingham is still being shunned from the rotation because:

(2022-05-11 05:04)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]We had that for quite a while when we started with S3 and it was just devastating. The map is just annoyingly small and has way too many turns. No road longer than 50m, everyone was just circling the oval like lemmings and the track is so small that sirens never fully disappear. Never again!

How is this garbage any better?

I've almost completely lost interest in playing on the server at all, a strong part of that is because of the insistence to force tracks that a significant portion of the playerbase dislikes on both servers for an entire week.

I'm genuinely lost at the constant refusal to split tracks between the two servers, I'd love to be enlightened.
(2022-12-10 18:10)Tris Wrote: [ -> ]This has to have been formally suggested at least 4 times already, including by myself. It's insane to me people are somehow happy to drive around in an industrial area not even 1km wide surrounded by empty carparks for an entire week. It's even more funny to think that old BL had it's rotation slots reduced because it was too boring. It becomes hysterical when you realize a perfectly fine track in Rockingham is still being shunned from the rotation because:

(2022-05-11 05:04)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]We had that for quite a while when we started with S3 and it was just devastating. The map is just annoyingly small and has way too many turns. No road longer than 50m, everyone was just circling the oval like lemmings and the track is so small that sirens never fully disappear. Never again!

How is this garbage any better?

I've almost completely lost interest in playing on the server at all, a strong part of that is because of the insistence to force tracks that a significant portion of the playerbase dislikes on both servers for an entire week.

I'm genuinely lost at the constant refusal to split tracks between the two servers, I'd love to be enlightened.
this +11111111111111111
(2022-12-10 18:10)Dino Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to vote Rockingham, but the option wasn't avaliable.
same here
(2022-12-10 18:10)Tris Wrote: [ -> ]I'm genuinely lost at the constant refusal to split tracks between the two servers, I'd love to be enlightened.

I think they refuse to consider this because it will show how unpopular track days actually are in the TC community, and will remove what they consider an "added layout" There will be a large amount of people going to the non-track day server over the track day server. IMO Server 1 should be the non track day and server 2 should be track day. The bois who want to hot lap can simply chill there while regular server activities take place on server 1.

If chuck used the rally feature every track day and set up hourly events with different cars that went on a repeat cycle every 24 hrs. for that week (similar to the 24 mins of Weston) with a scoreboard track day popularity would be much higher. He already has the stuff to do it, he would just need to pick 24 cars once every track day rotation to do it with. Would be even better if there were prizes for top places
Funny thing is, there used to be this full track on one server and trackday on the other.
iirc when BL Track was on server 1, BL Full was in server 2, and when BL Full was on server 1, BL Track was in server 2. Same goes for Westhill.
But you know what was funnier? When BL Full was on Server 2 people would just stay on Server 1 complaining how bad BL Track is instead of swapping servers. I suspect this also was another reason why this was scrapped

I love to drive in LFS and all, but Blackwood Trackday is the most boring out of all. Blackwood full track isn't any better but the track at least does open some space. That coupled with the Rally Stage gives it a bit of breathing room. Doing some laps around Trackday sounds nice and all, but does get zzzz after some time.
Blackwood on both layouts for me is just a map to farm in Rally Stage and not a map I can enjoy driving somewhat fast at all.

I'll give it a +1 but its just that, a vote.
I vaguely remember this (was on a lot of substances at the time) and youre absolutely right, people cried about it while Bandit and I farmed the shit out of the rally stage. People cried about it while we would server hop from 1-2. it was great since both servers never filled up completely and you could get into them easily. Most of the people complaining that stayed on the trackday server simply stayed because it was the most populated server so they would have ears to hear their cries.
Problem with this is that you'll be restricting those who actually enjoy the Trackday variant from enjoying it to its full potential (i.e full with other players, giving a really immersive experience).

What we have in place now (as in the current Trackday Rotation Schedule) covers everyones favourite tracks fairly (ok, lets exclude Rockingham).

I for one would be annoyed if your suggestion was implemented Franky, because Blackwood Trackday is my personal favourite, but I know as soon as the Non-Trackday variant was being offered on Server Two, everyone would just leave to join there.
^ ^ pretty much that. everyone has to stand back a few times in order to have a healthy rotation
(2022-12-11 07:43)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Problem with this is that you'll be restricting those who actually enjoy the Trackday variant from enjoying it to its full potential (i.e full with other players, giving a really immersive experience).

What we have in place now (as in the current Trackday Rotation Schedule) covers everyones favourite tracks fairly (ok, lets exclude Rockingham).

I for one would be annoyed if your suggestion was implemented Franky, because Blackwood Trackday is my personal favourite, but I know as soon as the Non-Trackday variant was being offered on Server Two, everyone would just leave to join there.

Blackwood Trackday is also my fav map

and I highly agree with Ash. that having a different Layout on server 2 is a terrible idea and it will definitely kill the vibe
Agreed with Ash.

Also, I don't think BL TD is as hated as some users believe.
(2022-12-11 07:43)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]Problem with this is that you'll be restricting those who actually enjoy the Trackday variant from enjoying it to its full potential (i.e full with other players, giving a really immersive experience).

how is it restricting? most hotlappers (including me) actually dont want the random no brain dribbles on the track when we do our hotlaps. the chat and so these people are too much of a distraction. thus having a seperate server away from said dribbles is a better solution.

also no way in hell is driving around some 100m of buildings anyway near fun
thats some bs right there. also isnt the whole point in tc is to be a city driving server and not a trackday/racing server,. so let the community aactually drive on more of the road..

(2022-12-11 08:25)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed with Ash.

Also, I don't think BL TD is as hated as some users believe.

also isnt the whole point in tc is to be a city driving server and not a trackday/racing server,. so let the community aactually drive on more of the road..#

also as leader you should really listen to the community and its obvious people want this. it makes sense to add MORE ROAD TO DRIVE ON = MORE FUN TO BE HAD = MORE FAIR AND FUN POLICE CHASES!!
I’m not going to go down in much more detail Frank as you pretty much decided to bypass my main points of my post.

Also, let what you said sink in for a minute… “city driving”. Driving around small tight built up roads is pretty much the definition of “city driving”. I am going to presume you were not back here in the original days of the USA server etc.

Anyway… we have these discussions for pretty much every single track when someone doesn’t enjoy it. If we listened to every single post someone makes when they aren’t happy, then we’d be changing tracks every 10 minutes…

Cheers for your input though.
(2022-12-11 14:16)fWANKy Wrote: [ -> ]how is it restricting? most hotlappers (including me) actually dont want the random no brain dribbles on the track when we do our hotlaps. the chat and so these people are too much of a distraction. thus having a seperate server away from said dribbles is a better solution.
Can we see the survey you've conducted within the community to make this statement? Would save management some time and effort W00t
(2022-12-11 14:41)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not going to go down in much more detail Frank as you pretty much decided to bypass my main points of my post.

Also, let what you said sink in for a minute… “city driving”. Driving around small tight built up roads is pretty much the definition of “city driving”. I am going to presume you were not back here in the original days of the USA server etc.

Anyway… we have these discussions for pretty much every single track when someone doesn’t enjoy it. If we listened to every single post someone makes when they aren’t happy, then we’d be changing tracks every 10 minutes…

Cheers for your input though.

iv been here since 2012 and i do remember usa , the layout on autocross.it was a shambles and as removed.also yes driving around small built up roads. so lets put normal server on server 2 and let people driving on more road

hotlapping isnt boring, but doing it day in and day out it gets boring and for others too, so it would be a nice change to go on server 2 and drive normal on the normal layout

tbh trackday on both servers doesnt make sense anyway, ur just wasting the server because no one joins it anyway, atleast with my idea it will be more populated and have 60+ users like on kyoto and aston did.

(2022-12-11 14:45)Ras Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-12-11 14:16)fWANKy Wrote: [ -> ]how is it restricting? most hotlappers (including me) actually dont want the random no brain dribbles on the track when we do our hotlaps. the chat and so these people are too much of a distraction. thus having a seperate server away from said dribbles is a better solution.
Can we see the survey you've conducted within the community to make this statement? Would save management some time and effort W00t

try reading chat, u'll see people get annoyed when their laps get wreaked or invalidated by these people who dont care or follow rules.
We've got 42 players currently on Server One and 12 on Server Two. I think the numbers wouldn't be so high if people really didn't enjoy it.
(2022-12-11 15:06)fWANKy Wrote: [ -> ]try reading chat, u'll see people get annoyed when their laps get wreaked or invalidated by these people who dont care or follow rules.
I've personally not seen such complaints in chat before (re. hotlapping on track day). So i thought you had made some kind of survey, to be able to state such things, but i guess you just pull it out of your hat for the sake of it.

So, you're basically saying that a small handful of people actually would partake in trackday stuff, while most people would flock to the full layout server...what does that tell you? Seems like for one week we give a handful of people what they wan't vs the entire community.

Why is 90% of sever traffic on the side roads and not on the track?

There are two severs, i don't see why we can't have this. Hell, now that i remember there was even a 3rd server with full blackwood on permanently.

Trackday popularity would rise with regular mini events that don't require much organization or scrutiny. I think this would be the best solution. Maybe then the industrial side roads won't be so cluttered.

(2022-12-11 15:16)Ash Wrote: [ -> ]We've got 42 players currently on Server One and 12 on Server Two. I think the numbers wouldn't be so high if people really didn't enjoy it.

Most players like playing with their fellow mates, So naturally they wan't to be in the most populated server. And in that full server you will find most people not on the track, with cries about how chaotic this layout is.

BTW Chuck, we need industrial park drag strip.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's