[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Return to spawn after being busted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So if you try to flee from a cop, after 45 seconds a chase starts. You can get busted after that. I don't do chases that much, but from the ones that I engaged in, it felt like something is missing. Like, you have police officers chasing you and trying to block you etc, but then when they blocked you for 5 seconds, all of a sudden they all go and you have to look at the chat to see what's up. Like oh, ok, appearently I've been fined an x amount of euros. Ok. It just feels like a climax buildup, but the climax itself is missing.

I'm suggesting that when a player gets busted, he/she will also be returned to spawn. Just like in real life when you get arrested, you get taken into the police station, right?

Remember the old games like GTA? When you get wasted, you respawn at the hospital. When you get busted, you respawn at the police station.
(2023-01-09 13:55)Marty_Deslions Wrote: [ -> ]So if you try to flee from a cop, after 45 seconds a chase starts. You can get busted after that. I don't do chases that much, but from the ones that I engaged in, it felt like something is missing. Like, you have police officers chasing you and trying to block you etc, but then when they blocked you for 5 seconds, all of a sudden they all go and you have to look at the chat to see what's up. Like oh, ok, appearently I've been fined an x amount of euros. Ok. It just feels like a climax buildup, but the climax itself is missing.

I'm suggesting that when a player gets busted, he/she will also be returned to spawn. Just like in real life when you get arrested, you get taken into the police station, right?

Remember the old games like GTA? When you get wasted, you respawn at the hospital. When you get busted, you respawn at the police station.

"you respawn at the police station."

I was getting an idea about a Police station with some QoL things for cope like x4 battery charging or something and where busted people would respawn, but i don't think teleporting cars to respawn at the police station, while your real spawn is else where is possible.
I'm just slightly worried that suspects will start to drive erratically knowing they'll simply 'respawn' after they've been busted.
It's a nice idea. Sonic does make a good point about people not caring so much if they flip or drive dangerously as they'll be brought to a safe place when busted anyways.
I'm ok with it as long as i get to keep trip! but that raises the issue of driving like a maniac as Sonic mentioned.
For the roleplaying, that's awesome idea and I'd like to see it on the server. Heck, even for the sake of one's sanity during situations like when you flip in chase, get busted and then cops just leave (as sometimes it's the case, cops just busting, saying nothing and they're off to the next guy; though most friendly cops often chat and/or help. But I digress), in which situation after chase you gotta call tow and wait or pit and lose trip.
However I'd like more if it was an option you could turn on and off in preferences in menu. Or if after a bust there was a window "do you want to spawn in x place?" with options yes or no to click or to type !yes or !no, similar to the !sorry window after crash, of course with a timer, if decision time runs out, you stay where you were.

Anyway, that's a yes from me
(2023-01-09 22:45)Cam Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just slightly worried that suspects will start to drive erratically knowing they'll simply 'respawn' after they've been busted.

We could introduce what we had “back in the day”…. Busted and you have to spectate for x minutes before you can rejoin! That’d solve your problem Tongue
Reference URL's