[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Best F1 battle ever?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

That is proper racing, the last lap is just epic. Wheel to wheel. You dont see that in F1 nowdays.
Now that is real racing, non of this political bullshit
If Formula 1 would be like that, I'd watch it.
F1 in the 80's:
56 laps of hard effort... I'm just a tenth of a second behind him. *small mistake* 3 seconds behind.

F1 now:
Press DRS and Kers.
(2012-06-25 22:20)Aus Wrote: [ -> ]F1 in the 80's:
56 laps of hard effort... I'm just a tenth of a second behind him. *small mistake* 3 seconds behind.

F1 now:
Press DRS and Kers.

That's nonsense, it's still very hard effort, it's just different from what it was.
80's F1 > Any other period. Turbo FTW.
F1 in the 80s had more fatal accidents. Last was Senna in 1994, technology is for everyone's safety and benefit.
(2012-06-27 00:17)Rifo Wrote: [ -> ]F1 in the 80s had more fatal accidents. Last was Senna in 1994, technology is for everyone's safety and benefit.

Even then it is still very dangerous, look at what happened to Massa a couple year ago, he could very easily have been killed from that, would have turned F1 on its head.
(2012-06-27 07:23)Nipper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-27 00:17)Rifo Wrote: [ -> ]F1 in the 80s had more fatal accidents. Last was Senna in 1994, technology is for everyone's safety and benefit.

Even then it is still very dangerous, look at what happened to Massa a couple year ago, he could very easily have been killed from that, would have turned F1 on its head.

True, F1 will always be extremely dangerous, but it is much safer than the 80s.

Incredible video nevertheless, shows real determination and skill.
great racing, but i think f1 should scrap kers and go huge turbo engines Biggrin but safety wise todays is miles safer, just look at how far there heads are sticking out, and look now a days, u can just about see the top of there helmets when looking from the side!
Tbh, I'd rather drive an F1 car than my car...Wink
(2012-06-27 13:52)Kieran Wrote: [ -> ]great racing, but i think f1 should scrap kers and go huge turbo engines Biggrin but safety wise todays is miles safer, just look at how far there heads are sticking out, and look now a days, u can just about see the top of there helmets when looking from the side!

Well, as Rosberg said, hes steering wheels rev limiter lights are on same level as his eyes Tongue And the pedals are almost the same level as the steering wheel.

But oh well, it was more dangerous then than it is now, but you have to be crazy anyway to drive those things xd
They're almost certainly significantly safer than most modern family cars.
Modern family cars don't go round a track at 200kmh..
Reference URL's