[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Banks and Bank Robbery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello everyone, I had a fun little idea about a bank robbery system within TC that could be interesting.

My vision: The idea is to create a bank building on every map. This bank, like in real life, holds a lot of money but comes with a lot of security. The idea is to be able to start a robbery on this bank, stealing the big bucks that's inside. However, you must be able to also escape with the money as there are a lot of cops who will try to stop you. If you escape, you earn a lot of money but if you get caught, expect severe punishment!

Logistically: If there is a minimum of 5 or 6 cops online, a player (or 2 players, maybe co-op mission to promote teamplay?) can start a bank robbery. The robbery takes a certain amount of time to fully rob, for instance 2 minutes. During this time, all available cops receive an alert and can respond to the bank robbery and prepare for the chase afterwards. Unlike a normal chase, during a bank robbery EVERY cop is instantly able to respond and join the chase, this way it is much more difficult to escape. Regarding money, my initial idea was to be able to earn somewhere in the range of 5k-6k depending on the storage capacity of your vehicle (think of it as stuffing your car with duffel bags full of cash). This way road legal race cars like GTR's that have low storage will earn a lot less compared to a 4 seater sedan or pickup truck if escaping successfully. If you get caught you're fined with up to 7k-8k depending on how much you stole in the first place. This is a very severe punishment made to discourage people from spamming the robbery.

To make sure the system isn't abused, there would be 2 limits on bank robberies. Firstly, each individual player can only attempt a robbery for example once a day or every 2 days. Secondly, after players attempt a robbery, the bank is put on a cooldown of 2-3 hours. If suspects get caught, the money is returned to the bank for the next crew to attempt to rob. To incentivize cops to take part, they are able to receive larger rewards than usual the longer the chase goes on (not in the form of a fine from the robber, but as a reward from the bank for returning the money successfully). This system is designed to promote creativity, suspense and roleplaying in the server without it causing too much chaos, since it is risky to attempt and is limited on how many times you can do one, making sure there is still peace on the server.

Extra details: Perhaps there's an option to buy extra items/tools like an AK-47 or Upgraded Vault Drill, which can speed up the process of the heist. Or maybe an advanced signal jammer that delays cops from being notified of the robbery for 15-30 seconds.

Lastly, assuming all of the above is able to be done, I would suggest that only certain players could actually start a robbery. For instance, you need some minimum km's or even minimum Robber XP.

[Image: 02BADYDIVERACTION1-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg]

I came up with this idea inspired by GTA roleplay, the details are not bulletproof but I think the idea itself could be very fun! Please leave your suggestions or feedback I'd love to pursue this idea further if people support it Smile. I'm especially looking for feedback from Chuck as he knows how probable this idea is to implement into the Insim.
Excellent idea, that's +1 from me!

This will make the chase a lot of emotions until the last moments and big chases after the thief. The system will be fair because you could get weapons like AK-47 etc. to rob a bank and this "modification" will cost a bit.
It will also be a big risk, you have to think carefully about the robbery and where to run away from the cops so as not to lose the stolen money and your few thousand euros.
This system can be extended a lot, but a trial version on each map would be great to test the behavior. The bank could also be in the right tactical spot on the maps.

It's a good idea to be able to do robberies you need to have a certain amount of robber XP, because you need to be a fairly experienced robber to make such big heists.
It will be hard for robber to escape so many cops but it will be worth it if he succeeds.
It's good that there will be a bank limit, e.g. one or two attempts a day, so as not to overload this system, but it will be exciting!
Such a great idea. Would be awesome
Would be great
100% I think i've played just what you described on a older LFS server a whole while ago. Not as advanced ofcourse but more with a simpler bank rob system , i think it needed a certain amount of cops online to be available. Was fun, would be a great feature!!
I love the idea, and I think it would be a lot of fun to do such a thing. I really hope that this would come to life.
Absolutely love the idea

although it will need it's special rules, for example a tweak on the robber ability to be able to escape Offroad, currently if u go offroad u get spectated, but since this is a larger situation.. It encourages the cops to be more prepared and have a diversity of vehicle choices, ones for tarmac and other are offroaders.. Etc.. It opens up more creativity for players, for robbers to put an actual escape route and plan their escape and for cops to be prepared to take action and spread on the lookout for the robbers, not just a simple plain chase where you'll be not only outnumbered but you'll almost be guaranteed to be caught because all cops wanna get the fastest cruisers available.

In case of a co op, what if one have ran and the other came in with a big vehicle trying to block the way, will it still called interfering with a chase? It will be not realistic.. Having this rule changed to allow interference with a chase against them is quite a good one (disallowing heavy ramming) again, it makes it useful to put plans for robbers & cops.

Classes of heist, (numbers are just an example)
A class, gives a random between 40k to 50k but requires 4 Player and at least 8 cops
B class, gives a random between 30k to 40k but requires 3 players and at least 6 cops
C class, gives a random between 20k to 30k but requires 2 players and at least 4 cops
D class, gives a random up to 10k and requires one player and only 3 cops

A cool down timer where if you stay a certain distance from the nearest cop for a certain time you'll have evaded the heat and escaped, because with such many cops they'll just spectate you, know your location and prepare & sit waiting for u to pass by, this acts as a "lost eyes on suspect" in real life..

A random reward, this will be guaranteed when you start a heist..
either u got caught or escaped, its just called a side reward to compensate for the lost money because of speeding during a chase and the rental gateway vehicle.. Take is as a random amount of money that fell from a money bag during the brake in..should hold no more than 3000.. Randomized each time.

The use of civilians or emergency responders like tow, res/med
Robbers may have a One_Time chance of using a tow to place a ramp for him somewhere for his escape, or a civilian to block a road for a short time only, or to cause an accident scene that will delay the cops (not ramming cops only delays.. Like obstacles) for a agreed_on money givven from robber to the ones who helped him.. The chosen guy that will cause the distraction or help in gateway route must remain incognito untill the scene happens, he will get to be part of the escape plan put will be away from the beginning.. He may get chased as a suspect of helping a heist but will have smaller fine.
They may only be used Once per heist, they cannot rejoin the chase, runner or the hiest until it's all over.
Hmm, thats a great idea B)
+1 Nice idea
Great idea! Can't wait for this, it's going to be cool Smile
Would be fun, nice idea
Good idea, however knowing the past there is a high chance cops will camp out the bank meaning on some maps it's going to be hard to even get 10 seconds in before you get chased.

Another thing would be the fact it'd be the same people trying to spam the robbery meaning you'd only get like 1-2 people a day doing it (If they no life, which I know they can). Especially with the minimum cops you need before you can even rob the bank.

Perhaps you get less money the less cops there is online?

Either way, good idea. But really needs a lot of work put into it before it can be classed as "Safe to do/economically reasonable/viable for the public which will not distress them".

+1 from me however.
Huge yes for [TC] Payday
(2023-05-21 18:27)fillakilla12 Wrote: [ -> ]Good idea, however knowing the past there is a high chance cops will camp out the bank meaning on some maps it's going to be hard to even get 10 seconds in before you get chased.

Thought about same thing, cops already often just sit near roundabout or straights, waiting for any occasion. This will be another situation where some people will do that.

Anyway, great idea, love it.
This would be awesome, a nice combo between lfs, gta and payday
(2023-05-21 18:33)Vitas 993 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-05-21 18:27)fillakilla12 Wrote: [ -> ]Good idea, however knowing the past there is a high chance cops will camp out the bank meaning on some maps it's going to be hard to even get 10 seconds in before you get chased.

Thought about same thing, cops already often just sit near roundabout or straights, waiting for any occasion. This will be another situation where some people will do that.

Anyway, great idea, love it.

Can be easily fixed, solution is to put the bank in a discrete location. Somewhere away from main road and have it's own road leading to/from track
I see a lot of people commenting about certain aspects of gameplay being ruined like cops camping or gameplay being disturbed: I agree with them, but there are some easy fixes to most of those comments for instance making a rule where cops cant engage physically until the process of the robbery has been done.

If there is support for the idea from the community, and support of the idea from TC Insim and Staff side I would be happy to spend more time optimising rules/gameplay/mechanics to make sure it fits into the normal TC routine and gameplay Smile
I support this proposal, which may also benefit anyone who is running from the cops. It will add a different breath to the game.
cool idea
impressive idea
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's