[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Weston retro suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since we don't have full weston anymore, being trackday and retro our only options would anyone like to see a few side roads added to the retro layout? the general consensus is that it gets boring after 20 mins of play which i agree.

There are two overpasses that intersect the backstraight section by the bus station and HW2 before cattle market, maybe the side roads connecting these two places can be opened with everything else around it blocked off just for some variety in driving/chases/etc. and the side road from the overpass to the infield entrance could also be incorporated and maybe a short bus route added in. just a thought

image for reference. black indicates roads used, red indicates barriers and insim chase zones
[Image: WE-Layout.jpg]
I vote to just remove it from the rotation
(2023-05-21 14:16)BP Wrote: [ -> ]I vote to just remove it from the rotation

i dont mind the track but jesus christ this isn't 2009 lol
I really like this track because I like racing maps and I also know a lot of people who like it too but your addition to the track is interesting because it also includes a gravel road so I voted Yes.
I also would like to see it removed from rotation
(2023-05-21 14:33)Dizzle Wrote: [ -> ]I also would like to see it removed from rotation

When we have Nurburgring full 2 way map then remove ok?
i'd rather drive westhill retro than corby any day. Remove that shit from rotation
I personally enjoy driving Westhill Retro because I like the WE national track, but I can see why people hate it. I think if some side roads and internal roads were opened, just some of them not all, it would make the gameplay a bit more dynamic and also make chases less boring
Remove every track make server demo version
Or change the map to AU2 for one week
/j
Personally I'd like to see either the inner roads (woods) added or directly remove this map from rotation.
Nostalgia was great, but sometimes you gotta let things of the past, in past. Smile
Westhill retro is better than trackdays for me but open up the full map would be something different as well so i agree that sometimes it becomes boring but yeah it isn't 2009 like Jardim said but westhill retro is still great and it has great roads on the map if you open them up so people can drive there as well removing this track from the rotation doesn't do anything it just make it so we got one less track and that is boring.
remove everything from rotation and delete the server. np
(2023-05-21 23:58)7mar Wrote: [ -> ]remove everything from rotation and delete the server. np

We've thought about it.
(2023-05-21 14:20)Hamster Wrote: [ -> ]I really like this track because I like racing maps and I also know a lot of people who like it too but your addition to the track is interesting because it also includes a gravel road so I voted Yes.

Very true when you said it's a race map more likely a competitive map for COP / Suspect When it's hard for the suspect to escape because there are no other alternative routes except going straight And here is where skills would be useful for that quite a map

It'd be a sad thing to see it gone
mini bump.
(2023-05-21 14:16)BP Wrote: [ -> ]I vote to just remove it from the rotation

(2023-05-21 14:33)Dizzle Wrote: [ -> ]I also would like to see it removed from rotation
+1

alternate my thought is to open the gravel road from T1 after straight that goes all the way along with the main straight to the end past the small go kart track and past the lodge backside. going left on turn towards the big stunt area and could come out in the corner, or following the small gravel road between main track and the spectator stands. it would give a little extra road and in my view some rally type cruising on other than tarmac. it could be extended from the T1 spectator stands to the bus st even. having a extra road to grind on. in some instances i think the retro tracks is very outdated by now. also the retro tracks are not really like the old westhill as it changed too much since then. same with Blackwood really. it could be good if server one had normal map and server two for example has retro. i believe this is the case atm with blw ? which i think is quite okay. just leaving my comments and hope i didnt bump it too much.

ps: i would also like to suggest using the original names for tracks in the future.
it looks like we gonna get some more tracks in the update. its confusing when going to many servers to have two names spinning in your head at all times. im aware this means alot to some people and maybe staff too. but it seems to me to be obsolete in many ways.

(2023-05-21 14:40)Felipe Jardim Wrote: [ -> ]When we have Nurburgring full 2 way map then remove ok?
on my server there is 3 layouts you can choose that is longer than nurnburg ring.
2 of those are infact both ways. which is unique because UM21 only made it one way.
it took me a week to reverse the entire track with signs to go with it.
they are not nurnburg. but longer Wink you be welcome to check them out if you like.
Bump since it's WE retro week

seems like this is something players would like

Also another suggestion i felt like i could include in this thread rather than make a new one. Change the HGV/BUS spawn to this parking lot right here (make the entire area a safezone for quick pitting). The current spawn for HGV vehicles is kind of a pain, because you have to turn around in a relatively tight area to go to bus station, not to mention this area seems to be a run off for people who can't stop in the back straight/chicane section
[Image: weretro.jpg]
Bump....anyone think this would be a good zone for bus/heavy spawn?
To be honest in my preferences the west hill should be just a full west hill like black wood did back in a day
Reference URL's