[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Blackwood "Retro" instead of Blackwood "Full"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi community,

So together with a few people I came up with an idea (which has been around for a long time) to replace Blackwood "Full" for Blackwood "Retro" in the Track Rotation. There would be two maps for Blackwood:
- Blackwood Trackday,
- Blackwood Retro.

This would coincide with the fact that we currently have Westhill Trackday and Westhill Retro.
Blackwood Retro would be a track with all the paths in the middle of the track, the entire pitlane and a parking behind the pitlane.
A lot of people don't like driving in the city area... racing there and chasing because it is very buggy (kerbs, corbs, bushes, trees) and it often spoils the chase.
From what I noticed, as we currently have Blackwood "Full", a max about 5 people actually go there and mainly go drifting or earning money, and the rest of the server goes on the track area and enjoying it.
The track is great for racing, cruising, chasing (along with the middle of the track), especially since when the server is full it is very crowded which increases the fun Smile
Back in the good old days there was a map like Blackwood "Retro" where you only drove track, pitlane and paths inside the track. There are many videos of this such as COP LIFE by SeanProd.TV
(see links):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCM704mOzF4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKhVqtU2s1o
You can see the announcement at the bottom of the screen in one of his episodes:
[Image: image.png]

So you can see that even then people really liked it, crowded streets, nice chases, good cruises, what more could you want? Wink
Many people will like it because the city often spoils chases (the city is generally bugged).

(EDIT: Changing this would make driving on the right side of the road, but I think it's a + because the vast majority of us are used to the right side of the road)

In addition, the city area may cause unnecessary lags, because it contains a lot of built objects, and when there is Blackwood "Full" I can hardly see anyone in the city area...
For proof just look this (random moment):
[Image: image.png]

Would you like to replace Blackwood "Full" for Blackwood "Retro" in the track rotation?

Don't worry! If you really like city area you will drive there all the time when not hotlapping on Westhill "Trackday" map Wink
it would be good.
I would like to see Retro, full and trackday as 3 separate lyt.
Yeah I think this makes sense

(2023-05-27 19:39)Felipe Jardim Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to see Retro, full and trackday as 3 separate lyt.

I'd rather jam my balls in a vice than have this
Great idea, I like it
This seems like a great idea, +1 from me Smile
Loved the idea +2
If you dont like the city area, do NOT drive there. It is as easy as it looks.
+1, most of the time the retro track is used anyway, the city is barely used other than maybe 2 or 3 farmers. A full retro would be nicer with high traffic
+1 It makes so people can choose and i do like this so it's a yes from me.
Great idea, I like it
+1 but leave rally stage for us farm guys and block everything else off, leave storage yard open for whatever but make it a NO CHASE ZONE so if people go there they get auto spec, that would make most of everyone happy.
Blackwood retro was a map in TC Three once if I can recall correctly. **ONCE**. Hmmm I wonder what happened for TC to not use that map again...
BP decided to delete it from rotation before he placed his balls somewhere they shouldn't be.
(2023-05-27 21:36)Felipe Jardim Wrote: [ -> ]BP decided to delete it from rotation

Did not!
Demo vibes, i like the idea Smile
Just like with Westhill, I'd rather have Full and Trackday, so people can choose where to drive.
In full, those who like the city part will go there, and those who like the track area will go there. Easy solution for both parties and no need to split the track in 3 rotations
Yes we had that before and I'd personally prefer that over BL full since BL full has way too many roads to make it fun.
However, busing and transports are probably boring as hell on Retro Wink
(2023-05-28 05:43)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Yes we had that before and I'd personally prefer that over BL full since BL full has way too many roads to make it fun.
However, busing and transports are probably boring as hell on Retro Wink

You may think it's boring but in my opinion it's not.
There will be crowded roads, right side driving, a little bit other layout i think like in these videos... Just Look on these COP LIFE videos I posted links. It's so fun to watch, a lot of People on the roads W00t
+1 Blackwood "Retro" would be nice in the track rotation. Like old days fun chases in that beautiful track without many roads.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's