[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Police commands (Left,Right etc)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right maybe only me that has problem with this so if so.. then o well. When there is a chase going on, you have 2-3 coppers in your chase. I think only the cops in your chase should be allowed to help you out in telling you where the robber is going. As today [CSR]Sinoco[COP] -, yes you was helping me or as you said but it didn't as it was spammed over my screen with other cop chases doing the same "hes gone left" I just don't like having all the info on my screen.

So all i'm saying is, when you are in a certain chase you only see commands from coppers in your chase not from other chases. Just spamms over the screen and confuses. 3 chases going on at once.. Spam, spam (hes gone left etc)

So you have to be in that chase to see "hes gone right or left or robber done a u-turn" i dont need info on other chases to be honest.
Nice simple idea +1

If we had a simple !right and !left command (or similar) then the text would be the same for all cops, instead of some "!c Turned right >" and "!c >>>>> Suspect has turned right >>>>>>>11!!1!1!" etc etc etc.

We could also hide other !left/!right commands from other chases which would obliviously keep things less complicated.
(2012-06-30 17:22)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]Nice simple idea +1

If we had a simple !right and !left command (or similar) then the text would be the same for all cops, instead of some "!c Turned right >" and "!c >>>>> Suspect has turned right >>>>>>>11!!1!1!" etc etc etc.

We could also hide other !left/!right commands from other chases which would obliviously keep things less complicated.

It be nice because then no spam from cops who are not even in chase and from other chases. If i lose that chase it's because of robber is too fast, too good, i've crashed, traffic etc.
Honestly... I don't see how it being 'splashed' over your screen is an issue if it's for your chase. I do see it as being a problem to other chases - I would say that.

However, with all that beside the point, it is a fine idea, as it does get confusing with 2+ chases going on and having to decipher what !c is for what chase.
(2012-06-30 17:22)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]Nice simple idea +1

If I may extend this: !left / !right is pretty much single purpose.
I'd rather make an separate cop chat which only scopes the current chase. So cops can share any kind of message within the same chase.
Unfortunately, many commands with starting with !c are already taken.
Maybe a nice idea
if someone joined your chase:

You're now supposed to use !sl(Suspect Left)/ !sr(Suspect Right) /
I'd really like it if upon "failing to stop", the only cops who can see your !c chat are the cops in the chase. If you need more backup, you can use !cg (cop global), and if you're not in a chase you can use !c to people who aren't in a chase, and !c to those who are, but obviously those in a chase (or a different chase, in a different situation) would have to use !cg to respond.)
And if you're in chase then if you talk in /c [CHASING] (( Automaticly and if you're not in a chase [PATROLLING]Smile
I don't like the idea of 2 fully separated cop chats, however I like BoyPower's idea.
(2012-07-01 08:19)KaraK Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like the idea of 2 fully separated cop chats, however I like BoyPower's idea.

How come? only you would see one cop chat if you are in that chase. You won't see any other cop chat from other cop chases. I love the idea because that way you don't have spam from other chases and normal chat from cruisers.
Because if you fully separate the chase-chat from the nonchase-chat, then the chase is basically restricted to the cops in chase. People like to pretend they're a helicopter, spectate the suspect and give info on what they're doing. Not to forget cops who want to do a roadblock, or cops who want to join the chase. How are they supposed to contact the cops in chase?
Making the chat from cops in chase only be visible to the cops in chase, and to those not in any chase, would work. Cause I agree with you, I get confused when I get all those LEFT and RIGHT messages while they're for someone else.
Yeah I personally dislike being completely separate from chat. I think tha BP's suggestion is best, with the cop chat for the local chase and then cop chat globally kinda thing.
+1

I'm also with BP's idea.
Alright, Maybe we can make a Vote about this?
I like Orange's idea most.
(2012-07-01 12:29)Dowpie Wrote: [ -> ]I like Orange's butt most.

Fixed Wink
Apologies for writing so much here Tongue

!c Should remain universal to all cops IMO since that is it's purpose we don't need two cop radio's to complicate matters further.

I'm totally down with the idea of having simple !left !right !uturn commands which would largely make things more reasonable. Especially since atm somepeople's idea of a left turn bind is this;

!c [AEFIOQTT] to ALL UNITS our suspect is performing a LEFT TURN

Which in the 5 seconds it took you to flick your eyes up to the top left to read past the vast verbal cabbage and look back to the road, you hit the oncoming car that you didn't see whilst reading it and missed your turn Tongue

My suggestion is that !left !right !uturn simply bring up a small non-invasive button that is relayed to all of the cop's who are in the 'chase' (not joining) stage of the chasein the middle of the screen like a siren button, that simply says "Left" "Right" "U-Turn" and possibly a "!cancel" that says "Cancel that" on the button - This way those of us with a larger screen don't have to take our eyes off the road to see these messages, we see them faster, and spend less time reading them and more time responding to them, hopefully reducing accidents and increasing police efficiency during chase.
+1 it would also be good if it said "suspect has made a left turn, heading down...... or heading north/east/south/west etc. as those further behind still wont be able to use.
Surely...

!c All cops chasing BP go to Chase1

!channel Chase1

!ch Suspect has gone left/right/uturned/backflipped to the moon e.t.c.

Bind !channel Chase1, !channel Chase2 and !channel Chase3 and hey presto.
(2012-07-01 16:28)McGherkin Wrote: [ -> ]Surely...

!c All cops chasing BP go to Chase1

!channel Chase1

!ch Suspect has gone left/right/uturned/backflipped to the moon e.t.c.

Bind !channel Chase1, !channel Chase2 and !channel Chase3 and hey presto.

Honestly - I can't type while I'm driving. If I'm in a chase with someone I'm just barely keeping up with I am not going to take any attention off of driving. I would rather have something I can bind than having to type. You say you can bind it, sure, but that will take about a lot of buttons that I (and I'm sure many) don't have.

Plus - a lot of people use mouse, and they absolutely cannot type while driving. I think that this is a 'workaround' and an actual solution to the problem might be less of a pain in the arse. Something else is that this isn't restricted to just cops... the suspect, whomever, could join the channel.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's