[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Floods in Newcastle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well had a nice surprise on Thursday at around 4pm it went dark, the whole sky turned white/grey, started pouring down, followed by thunder and lightning. Unusual for our area!

Here's some pics I managed to get (would of took more/videos etc but had limited space on mem card)

bottom of my street
[Image: 30o0K.jpg]

around the corner
[Image: kz3Hi.jpg]

again a few streets from me
[Image: BFkwV.jpg]

train's were off, they kicked everyone off and all public transport/taxi's were off so a lot of people stranded
[Image: noAHo.jpg]

time lapse of the storm

and finally, lightning striking the tyne bridge

In the end people ended up staying at relatives as taxi's, buses and trains were called off. Cars were stuck and ended up driving on the path/grass to get home, also a lot of cars parked on the path (must of been water damaged). Overall was quite an eventful evening.
Wow Ohmy. Amazing pictures. Was any of your property damaged??
About how deep was the flood?
@Turkey - Nah thankfully our street is on an incline so all the water ran down to the bottom of the street (unfortunately at the cost of our neighbours!)

@Aus - Street around the corner about 2 foot deep, other areas ranged between 1foot-4foot deep.
Having had part of my house damaged by the Cumbrian floods of 09 and seeing some other buildings in our area completely gutted, I get the feeling Northern England needs a break from this crap.

Hope the damage to your neighbours houses wasn't too extreme.
Should design better drainage systems. Tragic of course, but still. Hope the damage isn't too bad. Also, is that McGherkin stalking you "around the corner"? Tongue
Heard about this last week. I was like wow looks like Indian Monsoon weather in Uk!!
Problem is we hardly get any extreme weather for longer period of times like countries like America, Asia etc. So money won't be put into safe gaurding the streets like better drainage systems etc. So what we have is what we have Tongue
(2012-07-01 08:26)Orange™ Wrote: [ -> ]Problem is we hardly get any extreme weather for longer period of times...

True, same thing happens when u guys get like an inch of snow. "Oh, no, shut everything down, the sky is pooping cold white rain". Whole country grinds to a halt. lol.

Come to ozzie lol.
(2012-07-01 04:43)ChrisM Wrote: [ -> ]Also, is that McGherkin stalking you "around the corner"? Tongue

I thought exactly the same as I saw that Clio xD
Wow, I'm glad Finland doesn't get that kind of floods Ohmy

Hope the damages weren't awfully high for people over there!
Not my pics, nor was I there, I'm 80 miles away Smile

Heworth
[Image: 6522a495.jpg]

Metro
[Image: e74f9fd0.jpg]

Tyne Tunnel
[Image: 5bfc9e64.jpg]

[Image: 7469494008_494c2e5a27_z.jpg]

And finally, the hail in Leicestershire lol

Nope wasn't me. Although I did take the Clio swimming that night. 80mph + puddles. Rolleyes

I know someone on another forum who got flooded by that storm, their pumps failed (built on a floodplain...) and everything was under a foot of water. Maybe they'll think about diesel pumps next time...
(2012-07-01 09:45)Cola Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-01 04:43)ChrisM Wrote: [ -> ]Also, is that McGherkin stalking you "around the corner"? Tongue

I thought exactly the same as I saw that Clio xD

Funny you should mention that. Was walking home with a mate at about 1am the floods had practically drained away by then, but the clio managed to float away ended up facing sideways lol.
Lightweight for extreme performance Wink
(2012-07-01 15:53)McGherkin Wrote: [ -> ]Lightweight cuz of bad performance Wink

Fix'd
All the plastic provides good buoyancy
Plus it doesn't rust. Win-WinLose-Lose.
Holy moly, I love water floods! But it's like getting an swimmingpool around your house over there..

It's because it brings damage if it gets to heavy, but so now and then I'd like to see some flowing water over the streets..
(2012-07-01 15:29)Hexta Wrote: [ -> ]Funny you should mention that. Was walking home with a mate at about 1am the floods had practically drained away by then, but the clio managed to float away ended up facing sideways lol.

Haha Smile
Reference URL's