[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Busstation Drifterscorner improvement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Minor suggestion on the layout of Aston.

So I've been doing a ton of bussing at Aston lately. The only real downside is the entrance of the busstation at drifters corner. There are currently 3 exits of the busstation area, 1 big one in the middle and 2 questionable small ones on either sides.
When I start a route, I commonly see myself reversing after stopping at this busstop. Yes of course I can go straight and make a U turn, but it seems too much hassle.

[Image: 6488425cc9dfb-Busstation_drifterscorner_old.png]

My suggestion is to reconsider the layout of this part, and to make 2 exits/entrances, both wide enough for heavy vehicles/busses. This way when a bus needs to stop here, he/she doesn't need to make a u turn but can just exit at the other exit/entrance.

[Image: 648842534d9c8-Busstation_drifterscorner_new.png]
(blue is barrier, yellow arrows indicate the direction of traffic)

Also, maybe lift the roof thing of the busstop abit up, because it seems to low to fit my bus under at the higher part of this corner.
Nice idea, I think a rework/refresh of that area would be quite nice if the objects allow for it. Even just some wider entrances as you suggest.
Something like this would make more sense than awkward entrances mid corner.
[Image: sVopAhn.jpeg]
(2023-06-13 15:55)SIMOX Wrote: [ -> ]Something like this would make more sense than awkward entrances mid corner.
[Image: sVopAhn.jpeg]

yes
yes to bromox idea. Also the entire area should be a safezone, lost two trips here thinking i was in the designated spawn area.
Well we can trial things, but I want to mention that those sharp corners are there by intent. To efficiently slow down traffic and to keep chases away.
With both ends open I can already see cars, failing to brake in time, crashing into there, ploughing through waiting cars, or merge at high speed without looking, and also every chase going around the bus station.
(2023-06-14 04:40)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Well we can trial things, but I want to mention that those sharp corners are there by intent. To efficiently slow down traffic and to keep chases away.
With both ends open I can already see cars, failing to brake in time, crashing into there, ploughing through waiting cars, or merge at high speed without looking, and also every chase going around the bus station.

i was about to mention that, but in order to brake late people that would "prevent" people to crash at that entrance in the middle, but not an issue.

2 different access to the bus station would be helpful to keep the bus going straight inside the bus station, not making an L in the middle of the street with the big buses we have nowadays on lfs
I like the layout idea in OP.
(2023-06-14 04:40)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]With both ends open I can already see cars, failing to brake in time, crashing into there, ploughing through waiting cars, or merge at high speed without looking, and also every chase going around the bus station.

Keep the slalom barriers but open them wide enough to allow buses/hgvs to manouver through without getting sent into OOB, chases already go in there when the suspect is desperate, so this wouldn't change that fact much.
Reference URL's