[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: (Refund Request Archived by Crille) Refund Request - wierd bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- Your LFS Username: sico

- Time & Date of Incident 2/7/2012 9am UTC + 1

- Replay / Screenshot Link:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/tripsaved.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593...ayout.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/...edppl.jpg/
- Replay Timestamps:

- Reasons as to why you think you deserve a refund:
Well the story goes,

After being AFK for most the night after doing 200km I decided to go cruise with dowpy since we were both on a 1000km run. I picked up some suspension damage from the ramp at the parking area so wen't along to the other pits and shift+p in safe zone.

Still had my 200kms. Now dowpy asks how much fuel I have onboard. I realise it's not enough for a full cruise stint so i reverse to refuel but get specced.

The message "Trip-protection saved your trip" popped up and I copied it into chat to show that I was safe and could continue with the bonus run. (as shown by the first screenshot).

When I left the pits, it still said 200kms.

Now the magic happens in the form of a 10km bonus with a really high payout. 156 euro to be exact. (shown in screenshot 2). I gathered that this isn't normal by the reaction from dowpy and Formula. (shown in screenshot 3). Obviously this has annoyed me since I was assured that my trip was saved. And 200kms magically disappeared.

Now i must start again .Laugh

Not sure what to expect back but maybe a little explination? My kms maybe?

Thanks, ocis.
Maybe or maybe not i shouldn't post here, and although I have no evidence, I can say i saw this happen yesterday or the day before to someone else to. And iirc, the figure of 156 euro for 10kms was the same. Not sure of names tho, or whether the same thing happened with trip protection tho.
Well, there is indeed a bug, or glitch. You were spec'ed in pits because you went wrong way (rather than going too fast). In that case, you lose your trip but not the bonus pot, which means the remaining money is been paid out the next opportunity. That happens even before the trip-protection works, so the "Trip-protection saved your trip" thing blatantly wrong. Well, there are several things acting wrong and I need to sort out first what the actual intended behaviour is before trying to fix a thing. So bottom line, thanks for pointing out that issue , but I doubt we can do anything regarding the refund request. We cannot give out kms.
(2012-07-02 11:03)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ]Well, there is indeed a bug, or glitch. You were spec'ed in pits because you went wrong way (rather than going too fast). In that case, you lose your trip but not the bonus pot, which means the remaining money is been paid out the next opportunity. That happens even before the trip-protection works, so the "Trip-protection saved your trip" thing blatantly wrong. Well, there are several things acting wrong and I need to sort out first what the actual intended behaviour is before trying to fix a thing. So bottom line, thanks for pointing out that issue , but I doubt we can do anything regarding the refund request. We cannot give out kms.

That's ok, all I wanted was to know why/how this all happened.

Thanks for explaining it Chuck! maybe other people can see this and avoid reversing into a pit box Mad
Refund request has been completed - Moved to Archives
Reference URL's