[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Admin candidate community voting system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So soon there may be another new admin. I have a suggestion for this recruiting system. What if the admin candidate not only has to pass the exam/test and pass the consultation, but what if there is also a voting system for players? So for instance when a candidate is not rejected with the test and also passes the consultation by other admins, he/she gets to be voted on by players of the community. This can either be a yes/no system, where the candidate needs to get an X amount of yes-percentage. Or this could be a voting system where 2 or more candidates are presented to the community, and players can only vote once on the candidate who they think suits the role of admin best.

Pro
- Includes the community's opinion on who they want to see as admin.

Con
- If a candidate gets outvoted, he/she may experience loss of face.
Unfortunately I don’t think some members of the community could be trusted to vote sensibly and that will just open a can of worms which isn’t needed. The internal recruitment process is extremely comprehensive and I think as a team, we have enough members to vote for or against new candidates to join the team and weigh in with our own experiences of potential new members.

Also worth bearing in mind that there may be more than 1 new member… so the idea of voting for the “best” would not cover all basis.
Ash explained it very well. If a team opens a recruitment phase to look for new members, it's somewhat obvious that only the team members themselves should discuss if those other people should be accepted or not. And it being TC, it's an even more restrict process due to the fact that you do get (some, not all) admin permissions as a TC Recruit aswell.
Big No

It's like when you get a job that requires an exam and approval from the board, you earned it. You can't leave that accomplishment at the hands of a vote after earning it through merit, especially when a good amount of the voters would vote for/against someone based on favoritism or grievances.
I can see your reasoning for this. Future admins should be repected and liked members of this community, but this is something that we're pretty good at gauging anyways.

Like others have said, there are too many players who are not mature enough for such thing and it wouldn't achieve the desired the result in my opinion. Just trust that we will not recruit problematic players.
For reasons stated by others, it's something we need to handle internally via our recruitment process, which is structured in a way to make sure only the right people end up as admin.
You make a good point.

Maybe I overestimated the playerbase
Yeah, I agree with what's been said here.

However, if you ever see us select a candidate and you think you know something we don't (something which may change our perception of the candidate), then of course you're free to PM (preferably forum) a member of management.
Reference URL's