[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: - UNBAN DEDEFEDIA (Unban Request Denied by Josh)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- Your LFS Username: Dedefedia

- Time & Date of Incident

- Replay / Screenshot Link: https://zippysha.re/v92cQa0dz1/FE1X_0R_mpr
- Replay Timestamps: Replay end, talk with Josh.

- Reasons as to why you think you deserve an unban and why you feel your unban request was unfairly denied: I'd like to know why I'm getting banned for so long, for asking a player from Russia what he thinks, why can't players from Ukraine play LFS like him? I didn't say anything bad and I don't know why Joshu made such a personal decision. I feel really innocent and I can apologize for my question if necessary if I offended that player, but knowing the whole geopolitical situation and all the events of the world, my question was not offensive and not worthy of rebuke. Be patient and watch the full replay if necessary. + I am your premium support.
Hi Edgaras,

I will briefly summarise a few points about your ban and unban request.

You said the following comments direct to another user:
Chatlog (dedefedia) Wrote:"Maybe you know why players from Ukraine can't play LFS like you? Smile"
"Do you know what the word dalbajob means? Smile" (said twice)
"That word means you Smile"

"Are you upset? :DDD"
"Your whole country should be banned Biggrin"

"I'm even wondering how you will explain the word dalbajob to TC admins Biggrin"

It is clear that the word "dalbajob" is an insult along the lines of stupid/dumb F*** (Central Asian/Russian). You seem to have missed this part out of your original post though.

I !PM'd you online and asked you if there was a problem with the specific user you were talking to. Your response was:

Chatlog (dedefedia) Wrote:"hello I just don't support what his country is doing in Ukraine. Smile and he pretends not to know anything Smile"

I explained that "He is not the president and I doubt they are his decisions". You can't blame one person for everything their country is doing politically.

I checked the replay before I spoke to you as I assumed your messages were the result of a crash or incident with this user. You weren't even on the track and had no interaction with this user before you started talking to him.

It seems completely unprovoked. I appreciate everyone is entitled to their own opinions but that does not give you the right to be abusive to users who are simply playing and minding their own business.

The reason your ban is one month is simple. The behaviour you have shown tonight is completely uncalled for and rude. As I said in-game it almost borders racism - you have targeted a user specifically due to their nationality for reasons that they likely have 0% control over.

Although you have no previous bans (and a very good URS history) you have nearly 800 hours playing on our servers and broke the most basic rule that every server has in place - be respectful.

Josh.
(2023-07-07 23:05)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Edgaras,

I will briefly summarise a few points about your ban and unban request.

You said the following comments direct to another user:
Chatlog (dedefedia) Wrote:"Maybe you know why players from Ukraine can't play LFS like you? Smile"
"Do you know what the word dalbajob means? Smile" (said twice)
"That word means you Smile"

"Are you upset? :DDD"
"Your whole country should be banned Biggrin"

"I'm even wondering how you will explain the word dalbajob to TC admins Biggrin"

It is clear that the word "dalbajob" is an insult along the lines of stupid/dumb F*** (Central Asian/Russian). You seem to have missed this part out of your original post though.

I !PM'd you online and asked you if there was a problem with the specific user you were talking to. Your response was:

Chatlog (dedefedia) Wrote:"hello I just don't support what his country is doing in Ukraine. Smile and he pretends not to know anything Smile"

I explained that "He is not the president and I doubt they are his decisions". You can't blame one person for everything their country is doing politically.

I checked the replay before I spoke to you as I assumed your messages were the result of a crash or incident with this user. You weren't even on the track and had no interaction with this user before you started talking to him.

It seems completely unprovoked. I appreciate everyone is entitled to their own opinions but that does not give you the right to be abusive to users who are simply playing and minding their own business.

The reason your ban is one month is simple. The behaviour you have shown tonight is completely uncalled for and rude. As I said in-game it almost borders racism - you have targeted a user specifically due to their nationality for reasons that they likely have 0% control over.

Although you have no previous bans (and a very good URS history) you have nearly 800 hours playing on our servers and broke the most basic rule that every server has in place - be respectful.

Josh.

And why didn't you quote any of his answers?
Not really, so what do you call racism, I asked? Seriously?
So maybe you can answer why he pretended to be a fool and a victim in this place instead of saying a favor? You at least understand what is happening in the world right now and that after punishing me for an expression, the meaning of which you do not even understand, but only GUESS what it COULD mean by banning me for 30 days?
Your ban is based on assumptions alone.
There are many more deserving players on the server, but for some reason they do not catch you with their behavior, but I asked the most sensitive question and immediately got a ban, although I just wanted to know about the player's opinion and which feedback, but his answer was very terse and insensitive. I am very sorry that you have made this decision. I am very disappointed because he punished me without even understanding all the epithets of the words used.
If you find me leveled for one sensitive issue, then you are a racist yourself, because I too have the right to an opinion and freedom of speech, which you took away from me by banning me. Oh, and your own opinion about the geopolitical situation and events in the world, as you have shown by banning me. Thank you.
(2023-07-07 23:18)Edgaras Wrote: [ -> ]And why didn't you quote any of his answers?

His answers are as follows:
"Why?"
"sorry"
"IDK man"
"sorry"
"Why u ask?"
"I can ban u for word"

To me those are the answers of someone who is trying to play their game and not looking for an argument.

Quote:Not really, so what do you call racism, I asked? Seriously?

If you are asking what racism is to me, it is treating someone purely based on their race/nationality/beliefs/religion. Seems to be what you have done here.

Quote:So maybe you can answer why he pretended to be a fool and a victim in this place instead of saying a favor? You at least understand what is happening in the world right now and that after punishing me for an expression, the meaning of which you do not even understand, but only GUESS what it COULD mean by banning me for 30 days?

I'm not going to start discussing current world events here because it is besides the point of your ban. As I said before political views are not a reason to become rude to people in-game. Again, the person you were talking to likely has nothing to do with the events in Russia/Ukraine..

Quote:Your ban is based on assumptions alone.
There are many more deserving players on the server, but for some reason they do not catch you with their behavior, but I asked the most sensitive question and immediately got a ban, although I just wanted to know about the player's opinion and which feedback, but his answer was very terse and insensitive.

The ban is based on my review of the replay and chatlogs. It doesn't take a genius to work out that your conversation was not the result of an innocent question. It was clearly meant to be insulting. I would like to make it clear it wasn't the question you asked that was the problem. It was the blatant insult directed towards this person.

As you can also see above his answers were not terse and insensitive. He barely gave you any answers. Once again, he was not looking for an argument and did not give you any reason to insult him.

Regards to other players. I deal with people as fairly as I can and I only sort out problems I have seen or am made aware of. Please don't go down the route of 'I am singling you out'.

Josh.
I just don't see the point in debating with you Josh anymore, but you accuse me of racism only with your own opinion and attitude going forward. I'm not a racist like you claim by banning me. Here is an act of your supremacy, which I think I do not deserve. If you ban everyone because of a more sensitive question, then know that there are more "racists" like me on the server.
Unban Request Denied
Please read our terms & conditions if you wish to appeal this ban.
Reference URL's