[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Fern Bay - The Intersection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As we know, the current bridge is somewhat of a mess, from cars going full speed to suspensions being broken even when going 2km/h, so I have combined (copypasted Biggrin) the most recent layout and replaced the bridge with the mighty Intersection.

So far the only change I did is making the right turn from Devil's Corner into Bridge East a bit wider to accomodate wider vehicles (tried with buses, trucks and the Pushback Tug). The one that might need touch up is the right turn into Bridge West.

I would love to see this layout tested in the server, at least for a few days to see how it plays out.

Before & After
[Image: E0KC7SP.jpg]
[Image: lZjQywp.jpg]

[Image: L0UJsdJ.jpg]
[Image: cOVKjHE.jpg]

[Image: kkw34ij.jpg]
[Image: 13qBAyb.jpg]

[Image: CGv8IuT.jpg]
[Image: sPBvkVc.jpg]

Here I leave the layout for those who want to ride around it, or even improve it more
[attachment=1964]
i vote yes, i miss it so much
Personally, I always did prefer the junction. There was the argument that too many crashes were occuring with the red light runners. But equally, with cars getting bigger and faster, the bridge seems to be causing the same kind of problems.

If I'm not a mistaken, two busses could probably not pass each other on that bridge and if they can, it's a few mm.

I'd like to see the junction back, it was much wider and easier to drive through.
The bridge makes the traffic a lot smoother in general. The old layout was one of the

biggest crimes in LFS talking about layouts, in my opinion. People just need to adjust both

speed and setups a bit for the bridge. It is the same for some parts on all TC maps, by the

way. Of course, two busses passing on the bridge need to take care. But its the same at

some parts of all maps, not only at this bridge. Best could be to run both layouts on FE

next time its on schedule, see where people will finally drive then. 2 servers offer the

chance to test it, so why not do it. Greetings P V L Smile
Honestly I have never played on old fern bay aka. Jamaica. But I think that is a good looking layout.
The bridge layout isn't bad at all but this is like more realistic.
GO CHANGE NEW LAYOUT NOW!
I think people have just forgotten how bad the junction was we had in the past. Not by the layout, the layout is perfect, its due to ignorant players who ignore signals and cause grief.

The OP said he cannot go "full speed over the bridge", without braking his suspension, which is either 250 or "2kph", which is just nonsense. We're not here to provide you with roads that you can constantly travel on with 250 kph at all times. Even if you slow down to 50kph, it's still a lot faster than having to stop for 15 seconds at a red-light. Think about that.

The bridge isn't perfect, no doubt, but it's as good as it can be, given the limits the game gives us. Atm, you can pass the whole junction with absolutely no delay and no danger to your car, so I'm wondering how little it takes for some people to give that up.
ofc we know about the crashes that happened there, theres actually a video that gt4tube made about the traffic light crashes, but we just miss it. we have been driving on this "restricting" layout for over a year now and its very very very very very very very very very boring.
I'm surprised a bridge linking highway 2 to devil's corner hasn't been tried yet. based on the amount of space on both sides of these two locations, a wider bridge could possibly be installed over the bridge east/west road.

My only issue with the current bridge is the U turn simulator suspects who keep going in circles in that area, which in turn leads to accidents and general chaos. The best one was the one individual who decided to do a U turn on the bridge itself while in a chase, that went very well for him xD
Yeah minus 1 to me. I like bridge back Wink
With your design its like 2 intersections right after eachother.

I would personally prefer to see the part that is now (today) unused, made into a turn right only thing. So people coming from the east part wanting to turn right, towards the pit, can do so without having to pass the traffic lights.

I can be messy if that part can be used in both directions
1. I have now clue where you see 2 intersections.

2. Imagine that little lane was grassy. Its not a real road, rather a little area that happens to have a concrete gound.
At some point I played with the idea of a little gas station there. I mean you can do a right turn there, no problem, as long you respect that you don't have the right of way.
It's also not an official road due to the fact that it only has very limited turning abilities. I.e. you can't exit turn left in either direction. Therefore, Insim also ignores it as its impossible to calculate routes with it.
ive been driving on those layouts like a maniac as a cop and a robber too these days, but i havent had any accidents at that junction. maybe its a skill deficit of yours of not being able to check the map properly, or avoid the crossing cars properly (to those who are saying that this is a dangerous layout)
[Image: 64afcc0321c1b-fern2023alt1.png]

You can easily make it into a right turn only turn. Please note that the barrier need to stay to prevent people from using this shortcut in the wrong way.

Another option would be to turn it into some sort of parkinglot. You may want to add some more barriers/chicane stuff to prevent people from using it as a shortcut.

[Image: 64afcd2b9ac1c-fern2023alt2.png]
(2023-07-13 10:11)Marty_Deslions Wrote: [ -> ]le quote

I think with the right turn one, the WW auto-spec might return, since suspects and cops love to go WW on that part.

For the parking lot one I can suggest adding a barrier on the Bridge East side so people can't WW into there, and are forced to use the currently useless right turn lane.
so theres layout without bridge, then layout with bridge
layout with bridge - very good with amount of objects in road but bridge sucks
layout without bridge - to many objects but good without bridge

Solution - Remove bridge on layout w/ bridge and place objects in same area that is similar to layout with no bridge.
Reference URL's