[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: - Report User KiiT1337 (Report Archived by BP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Users Involved

Your LFS Username: J--

Their LFS Username(s): KiiT1337
Their In-game Nickname(s): Red/EricĀ„

Incident Information

Date of Incident: Wed Jun 28 2023
Time of Incident: 1:45:00 GMT+3

Description of Incident (Include Timestamps):

Until the end of the replay, Eric failed to apologize for crashing me at 3:35.

Evidence

Replay / Screenshot Link(s):

MPR

[Image: lfs-00000026.png]

[Image: lfs-00000027.png]
Why are you reporting a (likely relatively minor) incident which occurred around two weeks ago?
(2023-07-11 08:33)BP Wrote: [ -> ]Why are you reporting a (likely relatively minor) incident which occurred around two weeks ago?

You're right, it might be relatively minor, but Eric's response was not acceptable. I hadn't really had much time over the past few weeks, and if I remember correctly, chat logs could be stored for up to 12 months and I have already attached MPR.
In the event of late evidence submission (which is actually quite rare), we would consider the following factors: the time between the reported offence and the report itself, the reason for the late submission, and the severity of the reported violation.

Accepting evidence in this circumstance may set an unhealthy precedence. We would not want players to sit on evidence for a number of days or weeks and then finally post the thread when it (possibly) benefits them, including to possibly hold leverage over someone (I am not necessarily saying this is applicable here).

Any reports on the forum should ideally be submitted on the same day, or at most a few days later if the reporter genuinely didn't have time sooner.

In this case, it is hard to justify reviewing evidence submitted almost two weeks after the initial reported violation, which looks to be minor at the most. For this reason, the report will not be accepted and will be archived.

Hopefully you can understand the decision.
I haven't seen anything about late evidence anywhere in the manual or in the reporting guide, but it might be understandable for some of the above reasons. The actual report is meant for how the user responds towards me and not accepting the mistake and apologizing; this is a violation of the basic rules of the server, which this report aims to demonstrate the rules for the user, not for the consequences that I didn't wish it for someone enjoying the server; also I don't wish unfair gameplay for someone following the rules. As I said some of the reasons mentioned could be understandable to reject that report.

I think at the moment nothing more could be done than thanks for clarifying the reasons for not accepting the report.
I understand your reasons for reporting, but not for the 13 day delay in posting the report.

You were playing LFS in the meantime so you should've also had time to post the report.

You're right that we don't explicitly mention this sort of thing anywhere - it is largely common sense IMO. Thankfully this sort of thing is very rare. In fact this is possibly the longest ever delay I can recall. At most it's usually a few days with a valid reason.

Thanks for your understanding

No action has been taken as explained
Thank you for your report, it has now been moved to the archives.
Reference URL's