[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Remove money loss for MED/RES when on call.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Like the title says, remove the money loss for speeding when on a call as a med/res just like for police when in a chase.
I can see this easily abused.
I think people are generally quite sensible when it comes to MED/RES driving. Not sure if people would abuse this if it was implemented, and if they did it would result in a sanction, in the same way it would do if a cop was speeding.

+1
So i can see this used in a positive way but there have to be a way for the insim to detect if you are on a call or not since it can be abused if it doesn't.
(2023-07-17 16:29)hsTurbo Wrote: [ -> ]I can see this easily abused.

Not really, it is the same as cop. If abused - admin take off rights. Simple as that.

(2023-07-17 16:35)Luke™ Wrote: [ -> ]I think people are generally quite sensible when it comes to MED/RES driving. Not sure if people would abuse this if it was implemented, and if they did it would result in a sanction, in the same way it would do if a cop was speeding.

+1

+1 from me too.

I find most meds/tows etc drive better then cops. If it is abused then admins will deal with it like they would with cops.
I think the idea behind the system not already doing this, is so that you don't recklessly exceed the speed limit just to get to the accident scene.

It's the same for all Ambulance drivers in the UK. They cannot pass a certain speed as it would be still classed as reckless operation of a motor vehicle.

So my advice is to go slightly above the speed limit. If you're losing a large amount of money something is wrong.
I think this suggestion should be realized, but there is a problem.

There is the fact that MED/RES/TOW is often a type of license that people get for their first license experience. (This is how it usually works)

This is definitely not a generalization, but after people start using these tags, they try to do their duty without knowing what to do and without buying any equipment.

For such people, this advice is very dangerous.

In addition to this suggestion, I think it should be activated after a certain level or time, I don't know, but it definitely shouldn't be active for everyone.
Cops in chase don't lose money because they genuinely have to drive as fast as possible and it wouldn't be fair for them to lose money for this.

IMO a MED/RES doesn't really need to drive that far over the speed limit. SOS calls are not usually overly time-sensitive. There are also some good points made above.

I understand why you're suggesting it but it's a no from me personally.
-1 from me as well. You can already go 30% over the limit without losing anything. And those limits are usually quite generous. Faster than that would be recklessly.
I couldn't resist replying here as I'm among the most experienced EMS drivers of TC. Usually, I check the location of the vehicle: is it standing somewhere dangerously or parked somewhere safe with a overheated clutch? I don't like to speed a lot when it's a low priority call. People like to get help ASAP but there's just no need to drive 150+ km/h on a busy 100 km/h road when the car stands somewhere safe.

I try to drive as careful as possible (we don't want the EMS unit to be involved in accidents) but also as fast as possible if it's needed. IMO it should be the same as now: we can speed legally while responding if it's safe to do, but it costs some money. We need to avoid situations where EMS units try to 'race' against each other to be the first one on the scene. That's just dangerous. I'm afraid that will happen if we remove all restrictions to speed while responding.

As rule of thumb, I try to drive around max. 50 km/h faster than the speed limit (except for long straight roads without other cars nearby, that's just pedal to the metal in the good old RB4). Combined with the 30% rule mentioned by Chuck, I earn more money while responding than I lose mainly.

Actually, all emergency vehicles in The Netherlands may never exceed the speed limit by more than 40 km/h. They may break that rule only in exceptional circumstances (like a chase, hostages, or extremely high priority medical emergencies like CPR's).

So -1 from me. We are here to provide safety, not to cause accidents. I'm afraid that will happen.
Its just very usual to see a MED/RES/TOW on his side or even roof these days.

Tell me how can this happen so many times ? Some people do stunts while having

one of the above tags on, so I can really not see any reason to even allow to speed

free far over limits.
Before that, I feel like 60 to 80% of the res/med doesn't take their job seriously and only think of going to a call asap, without regard for others.

Although I don't fully agree with the "you drive too fast you're reckless", it's up to the player to adapt, to both the situation and THEIR OWN SKILLS.
There's no purauit or cardiac arrest going on. If you need to rush to the point you lose money, then that's on you.

I'd advocate to make the res/med roles to be harder to access, to clean up the players that can't properly do their roles. Wouldn't that also take care of the speeding "problem" too? (lol)

Edit: Go cop if you need pesos.
I agree with BP's post, SOS calls are not time sensitive, so the only ones that should legally speed way across the limit; is cops in chases.
i lose money as a cop too, while going on an attempted theft call. i need to be quick there dont i?
@CHUCK
I voted -1 because of reasons already mentioned above by other people. You only start losing money at >30% the speed limit. You can go at 120 kph in a 100 zone and you don't lose any money. That's more than enough speed for a medic/rescue unit. Plus you'll see lots of people in big fire trucks that can barely reach the speed limit anyways. (lmao)

And as Wouter said, feels like there's always a "race" in between SOS units to see whoever is reaches the scene first. That can be dangerous for other people on the road and even the SOS units themselvew, but mainly - pointless and unnecessary.

(2023-07-19 18:08)7mar Wrote: [ -> ]i lose money as a cop too, while going on an attempted theft call. i need to be quick there dont i?
@CHUCK

Well, theft attemps (usually) occur less often than a MED/RES call. And again - up to you if you want to lose money by speeding or not. And if you indeed catch the thief and chase them, if they stop, they'll get a hefty fine anyways. And if they don't stop, cops will bust them anyways in their OP cars /j
Reference URL's