[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: Driving behavior on Blackwood Trackday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so currently the Blackwood Trackday map is on. As you can expect, alot of people drive up and down the main street in the industrial part. It is not uncommon to see people drive like maniacs, like going ww/ignoring red lights/etc..

It can get really irritating. Especially when people crash into other people because of their extreme driving behavior, and then just drive off, with or without a generic "sorry" bind.

Yesterday this got abit too much for me and I got somewhat angry. I apologize for that.

I think this layout could be improved if the speed was reduced on that main part. I don't mean like the speed limit, which is ignored alot oc, but like maybe add some roadworks/detour? Or something that breaks the straight line, and thus the speed for people going 200.

Please post your suggestions below to help cure this nuisance.
yes this works:

[Image: 64bbc4b0e52ba-closedroad1.png]
even though it has rules, its still a GAME. accidents happen, pixels bend but noone DIES. fix your bent pixels by pressing shift p and move on. i say no, leave the lay as it is
(2023-07-22 14:12)7mar Wrote: [ -> ]even though it has rules, its still a GAME. accidents happen, pixels bend but noone DIES. fix your bent pixels by pressing shift p and move on. i say no, leave the lay as it is

yes, dino approves this message. just pixels guys.
(2023-07-22 16:32)Dino Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-07-22 14:12)7mar Wrote: [ -> ]even though it has rules, its still a GAME. accidents happen, pixels bend but noone DIES. fix your bent pixels by pressing shift p and move on. i say no, leave the lay as it is

yes, dino approves this message. just pixels guys.

Last seen LFS 4 months ago

Welcome back (not)
(2023-07-22 17:52)A n a n s i Wrote: [ -> ]Last seen LFS 4 months ago

Welcome back (not)

h
People will do what ever they want on Blackwood track. It will always be a destruction derby track. Small track with too many people on. 90% of people dont stop for reds - includes admins/cops/meds etc. It's one of those tracks, you either hate or like. It's the least track I like. Maybe do what we have on Fernbay - Server one with a barrier on the straight as suggested and server 2 with out? Or slow the 60mph speed limit down to 50mph?
The limit on that long stretch shouldn't exceed 50 kph, given how narrow and densely populated it is. If not, just make it a 1-way road.
(2023-07-23 17:25)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]The limit on that long stretch shouldn't exceed 50 kph, given how narrow and densely populated it is. If not, just make it a 1-way road.

This.

I think making the main stretch a one way will not only decrease the likelihood of accidents in the area, but also force players to use the other roads instead of mindlessly driving up and down that section, the area would have to have a "force to spec" insim zone to enforce it.

[Image: bltd1w.jpg]

a few bus routes/stops would have to be altered but it's not out of reach.
Weve done this before and it worked out great.
(2023-07-23 23:27)Dizzle Wrote: [ -> ]Weve done this before and it worked out great.

i know and agree with you but back then, there weren't any 30 ton buses cruising back and forth going like 30, driving in the middle of the road not letting anybody pass as the admins supported their actions by saying "tHe RoAd iS a sInGlE lAnE RoAd. OnLy aT tRaFfIc lIGhTs It SpliTs inTo TwO." the each road should be 2 laned as 2 cars can fit without a problem if both drivers have a brain, maybe then the bus and truck drivers will stop whatever they're doing
Delete layout and make AU2 layout :thumbsup:
Just messing around with the layout tonight, i came up with an idea of what a possible 1 way of the problem area could look like.

[Image: bl1w1.jpg]
[Image: bl1w2.jpg]

Honestly i would like this over the clustercrap we have now, you guys can't be giving out 40 UF1 restrictions everyday, even though they were rightfully deserved.
(2023-07-24 09:12)A n a n s i Wrote: [ -> ]Delete layout and make AU2 layout :thumbsup:

way before you were born there was a tc layout i remember from way back called TC USA and it was basically a layout on the autocross track.

Was crazy to cop on
Reference URL's