[TC] Gaming Forums

Full Version: WESTHILL trackday chase zones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can these areas circled in red be a NO CHASE zone?

[Image: grass2.png]

Not really in the TC spirit to circle these areas during the majority of a chase.

Not only does it get old, but this area generates no driving income and it is almost impossible to to box and pit when directions can be constantly changed every second.
Or, if a chase is more than X time there (e.g. 30 secs-1 minute/2 mins), it gets auto-busted.
Not many do their chases there anyways, instead I suggest the ability to flag a suspect as offroader such that appropriate backup can be prepared beforehand, or the chase avoided in the first 45 seconds if chasing an offroader is too much labour.
I don't like the idea of forcing chases to certain areas. IMO chases should be allowed in any area that is reachable and not OOB.

This is one of the annoying tactics used by a suspect. Same as lots of U-turns, other offroad/sand chases and tank sets. All it calls for is the correct tactics and communication between cops to deal with it.
(2023-08-20 21:44)Ghutra Wrote: [ -> ]Or, if a chase is more than X time there (e.g. 30 secs-1 minute/2 mins), it gets auto-busted.

yeah this would be a better recourse, because being there for less than that isn't a big deal at all.

(2023-08-20 22:02)Adorable Wrote: [ -> ]Not many do their chases there anyways, instead I suggest the ability to flag a suspect as offroader such that appropriate backup can be prepared beforehand, or the chase avoided in the first 45 seconds if chasing an offroader is too much labour.

This can't always be predicted, usually the suspect uses this as a last resort because they can't escape through conventional methods. most of the time, the cop is lured into this minutes after the 45s start.

(2023-08-20 22:58)Josh Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like the idea of forcing chases to certain areas. IMO chases should be allowed in any area that is reachable and not OOB.

This is one of the annoying tactics used by a suspect. Same as lots of U-turns, other offroad/sand chases and tank sets. All it calls for is the correct tactics and communication between cops to deal with it.

Or a !Mayday
I'm with Josh here. We cannot just exclude things just because they are disadvantageous to cops. (Little side-note: Technical issues, like the missing income can be dealt with)

What would you do if you find yourself chased in a inferior car to the cop? It is practically impossible to outrun them, especially as many cops use overpowered cars these days. They come along in harmless looking FZ5 shape but have twice the power.

And don't forget, as cop, you have the unique advantage of doing !lost if you don't wanna continue. You can always find someone else to play with.
I'm completely with Josh and Chuck here.

IMO the odds are already stacked against suspects, in part due to the number of cops who like to choose extremely powerful vehicles regardless of the suspect's vehicle.
Voted: (No)
Why (some of you think when) they chased someone they have to bust the suspect at any cost and get annoyed if escape. Sometimes I watch on web chases for fun (a lot of vids from US), some of the suspect are so desperate in they mission to protracted the chase (that are their last minutes of freedom). Or even to escape. They drive with 70-100+ mph through whatever, yards of the houses, off-road side of the highway, wrong way against the traffic, crashing into it and etc.. Some of these cases cops are using push bar to ram side of the susp car or even give up and keep eye on the suspect with the helicopter, because it's too dangerous for the civilians. (Not a common practice in LFS)
..The police can't do much. They have a dozen of units, spikes and roadblocks.
It's funny how it seems to be unfair for these custom (sport) FZ5s and have 90% closed cases and some guy with 37'' tires and lifted suspension find out how escape. And not because that off-road spec it's faster, just the map allows you to do it and that would be impossible on South City - that it's cool IMO. That's TC change the track every week.

Maybe would be better for long chases to allow re-join same cop/s in the same chase after some time after they lost contact (maybe 30 mins).
that's when you call in for backup and use !x to communicate that the driver is taking offroad routes.
(2023-08-21 05:03)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ](Little side-note: Technical issues, like the missing income can be dealt with)

This would make it 10x better than the current situation, because honestly it just feels like a big waste of time for a potential reward.
keep playing jardim, keep playing. driving shittily overpowered mods not enough?
(2023-08-21 22:48)Felipe Jardim Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-08-21 05:03)Chuck Wrote: [ -> ](Little side-note: Technical issues, like the missing income can be dealt with)

This would make it 10x better than the current situation, because honestly it just feels like a big waste of time for a potential reward.

Driving cars that can reach 400kmh in 0.2 sec isn’t good enough ??
Nope, not a good idea.
Kills the fun/possibility of escaping a chase
All cops now use high performance cars and 90% of chases are now guaranteed to catch suspect since the mods came out.
What it would be more fair if cops responded with equal or slightly better vehicles, or simply a suitable ones for where a chase takes place..
Yall just go with hyper & fast cars while most suspects drive shitty to mid range cars
Voted yes because like Jardim said it's not really fun, on the other hand it's also not fun driving on the road where there is 40 other cars while being chased by a potentially faster car and losing money for speeding on top of it.

My suggestion would be to remove/reduce the money loss for suspects in chases and implement a system that checks if you are within 10-15% of the suspects bhp/ton you can join the chase (only for joining chases not for starting chases for obvious reasons). If these changes were to be implemented I'd change my vote to NO
I prefer calling in offroad backup, it's quite rewarding when you catch them. If I can't be bothered or backup is not responding, I just do !lost it's not a big deal to me personally.
(2023-08-22 07:45)7mar Wrote: [ -> ]keep playing jardim, keep playing. driving shittily overpowered mods not enough?

carlos Wrote:Driving cars that can reach 400kmh in 0.2 sec isn’t good enough ??

I try to be on par with who/what i chase, sometimes even in a lesser car than the opponent because that's what makes it fun, Trying to outdrive your suspect, especially as a wheel user chasing mouse players and U turn simulators. Doing endless circles in a grassy field with a suspect in hybrid tires in a 3000kg car isn't fun, and no "shittly" made OP mod is going to help in that situation anyway. You two must be thinking of other people who do that to you, but thats not my style. Nice low blow.

Like Chuck suggested, if that area had some sort of driving income, i wouldn't care as much as it would result in some revenue whether suspect is busted or not.
(2023-08-22 21:20)Carl Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer calling in offroad backup, it's quite rewarding when you catch them. If I can't be bothered or backup is not responding, I just do !lost it's not a big deal to me personally.

This
or just dont cop like me, problem solved

(2023-08-22 07:45)7mar Wrote: [ -> ]keep playing jardim, keep playing. driving shittily overpowered mods not enough?

also jardim usually uses fz5, only op mods if hes chasing a suspect that has op mods too
(2023-08-23 16:30)fWANKy Wrote: [ -> ]or just dont cop like me, problem solved

also jardim usually uses fz5, only op mods if hes chasing a suspect that has op mods too

you just don't cop because you don't wanna get gapped by the fwds
Reference URL's